The ever present Conor Goldson

Really need him tied up on a longer term deal. I have no doubts he is wanting to go anywhere else when he has trophies to be won here and the Champions league to play in next year

Phenomenal. Was always a good player but has cut out the mistakes and has turned into a machine! Has scored some very vital goals. This Rangers player of the year award really just needs to be a name pulled out a hat. Lottery!

I’ve been a big critic in the past but have to admit he’s well and truly won me over.

Always available for selection.
A leader.
And improving as a defender.

Sign him up.

Caffeine is one hell of a drug allegedly. Goldson has been a rock for us and has chipped in with goals, leadership and taking responsibility starting attacks. Big guy is worthy of being captain in his own right and deserved vice captain.

This guy is incredible.

He's the glue that holds the best defence in Britain together.

He's not missed a game and we're heading into February.. thats just remarkable!

As soon as the leagues wrapped up get the big man tied down with a 2 year extension please.
Brilliant every game, all season. I honestly can't remember a serious mistake from him.

He's cut out the brain fart moments you were guaranteed 3 or 4 times a season with him.

His improvement has been magnificent.

Goldson epitomises our season. He has been magnificent at the back, a proper Rangers Centre Back and a captain who doesn’t need an armband. The clean sheets we have had this season tells us everything about our defensive unit, and Connor Goldson is the ever-present in that success.

As soon as he played his first few games for us I thought he had POTY written all over him.

Hasn't quite worked out like that as he has been prone to the odd brain-fart but he's been head and shoulders the best CB in the club since he walked through the door and this season, with the errors almost completely eliminated, there can be no debate that he is the best CB in the country.

What a player.

Really need him tied up on a longer term deal. I have no doubts he is wanting to go anywhere else when he has trophies to be won here and the Champions league to play in next year
I may be biased but is he going to get UCL football anywhere that would want him? Him Tav and Kamara are due new deals

I may be biased but is he going to get UCL football anywhere that would want him? Him Tav and Kamara are due new deals

Not a chance. Best he will get is mid table EPL. Hopefully his ambition is a bit better than that

Different story for Kamara, Barasic, Morelos who may get CL on the continent with other clubs.

My PotY. I know we have a lot of candidates but he’s been magnificent.

David you have changed your mind since the January review which was only a couple of days ago!

It's close between Goldson, Tav, Davis, Kamara. I don't care who wins it, this really has been a team effort in the truest sense. So many players having excellent seasons all at once.

David you have changed your mind since the January review which was only a couple of days ago!

It's close between Goldson, Tav, Davis, Kamara. I don't care who wins it, this really has been a team effort in the truest sense. So many players having excellent seasons all at once.

Ha aye and if you get me tomorrow it might be Davis again :))

Or Kamara!

We have had some absolute rocks this season.

Most improved player in the team for me this season - He has been an absolute rock and is pushing Tav all the way for player of the year.

He's had a tremendous season.

Such a consistent player.

Also, huge credit to the backroom team for the daily coaching that is going on at Auchenhowie.

The guy is the model of consistency. Everything about his game has improved this year.

We need to get him tied up on a new deal as soon as possible. Hopefully along with Tav and Kamara he’ll want a crack at the champions league and from there should they choose to want to move on we cash in.

seeing him lift the league trophy is going to be a lovely sight

It's simply magnificent that in most supporters eyes, whichever way round you have it, is that our captain and vice captain are out POTY and runner up POTY.
A very fùcking fitting way for 55 to arrive.

I’m very happy to admit that he’s proved me wrong.
I thought he was a good defender, but too prone to errors, and useless as an attacking threat.

Oh, how wrong was I!

He has been absolutely magnificent this season.

There were times he was to me, like a slightly better, slightly more dependable Rob Kiernan.

Wow! So wrong!

He is having arguably the best season from a centre back for us since Carlos Cuellar in 2007/08.

Possibly better, because he is also a goal threat.

I’ll hold my hands up and say at the end of last season I wanted him out.

I genuinely can’t believe the performances he’s put in this year.

Absolutely outstanding.

What has struck me is that when a ball needs to be punted to row Z then thats where it goes.
We have at times in previous seasons been a bit guilty of overplaying at the back and gifting possession.
Goldson and the rest of the guys have all taken that on board and used the clearance to reset and we hardly ever lose a goal.
Love watching all aspects of how we are playing but do appreciate good defensive work.

Hes been simply sensational. We need to get him tied down on a long term contract. I fear he may want a crack at the premiership before too long though. I certainly wouldn't grudge him it, but id love him to see out his days here

Goldson will sign a new contract, mind him just standing staring at the copland after that old firm win drinking it in. He loves it here. And yes he's been fantastic OP

This guy is incredible.

He's the glue that holds the best defence in Britain together.

He's not missed a game and we're heading into February.. thats just remarkable!

As soon as the leagues wrapped up get the big man tied down with a 2 year extension please.
For me he is our and SPL player of the year. He's been fantastic.

I’m very happy to admit that he’s proved me wrong.
I thought he was a good defender, but too prone to errors, and useless as an attacking threat.

Oh, how wrong was I!

He has been absolutely magnificent this season.
This, all day long.
And...was also infuriating when shelling his long passes out the park - this season he’s become pinpoint with them.
He’s hardly put a foot wrong at the back & added brilliant goals at the other end.
My POTY so far & if he keeps it going he should be SPFL POY IMO

Player of the year for me as well. He’s been unbelievable all season. A guy that performs like this with the amount of games he plays deserves a big new contract!

He's been imperious this season. He was still quality in his first two seasons but has completely focussed this one I think.

Again, you don't hear much from the trumpets on here who had a hard on for getting on his back for 2 seasons or calling him the Gaffer's pet. Turns out Gerrard got him spot on.

I probably wanted rid of him and Tav at a point last season. I didn't think they could lead us to a title.

So glad they have proved me wrong, big time, and are dragging us to this one.

Back