Article The executive summary of Rangers submission to the SPFL AGM - download

It's actually a pretty decent and valid submission and certainly doesn't deserve to be mocked the way it is online and SMSM.
But to be fair shouting about whistleblower and having transcripts of whatsapp messages.

The ones everyone has seen. F.u.cking hell

Small point but on page 2, it refers to resolution from Rangers, Hearts and Inverness. Mistake or did Stranraer drop out and Inverness step in?
Edit- Sorry now read and realise it refers to original resolution put forward for release of funds.

Last edited:
Questions that should be asked.

Ridiculous that we should be the only ones asking them?

I’d add another. What influence has Peter Lawell brought to bear on this whole situation. There are only two ‘big hitters’ in Scotland so I await the scramble for Dundee v tramps friendly tickets.

I read the Executive Summary and I think we have a decent case. That does not mean that it will get the requisite support, Scottish football being what it is. Obviously, the appendices would also need to be read but, crucially, it also lays the groundwork for a legal challenge. I do wonder if that is the end game here.

I noticed it quoted that the dossier is 200 pages long. Does that mean that the appendix is 181 pages or is this a mistake? Genuine question.

Yes. This is just the Executive Summary. The appendices should provide the detail to support the points made in the summary.

I keep coming back to UEFA.

Scandalous stuff, misleading the governing body and actually done using their SFA influence board position to do so.

This becomes a europe wide headline as they misled UEFA.

As I called at the time. They were in absolute panic that the Spanish FA would get their wish and the 1 year coefficient would put Rangers into the Champions League by default.

They couldnt afford the risk and have hung themselves.

* UEFA official statement made clear that the representations of the SFA (and Belgium) led to their final decision (the decision that coefficient should not be used, the concept which could have put Rangers into the Champions League)

Last edited:
I read the Executive Summary and I think we have a decent case. That does not mean that it will get the requisite support, Scottish football being what it is. Obviously, the appendices would also need to be read but, crucially, it also lays the groundwork for a legal challenge. I do wonder if that is the end game here.

Agreed - on the face of it there’s a case to answer.

It also feels like the SPFL have treated the club and Stewart Robertson with contempt throughout this process.

I keep coming back to UEFA.

Scandalous stuff, misleading the governing body and actually done using their SFA influence board position to do so.

This becomes a europe wide headline as they misled UEFA.

As I called at the time. They were in absolute panic that the Spanish FA would get their wish and the 1 year coefficient would put Rangers into the Champions League by default.

They couldnt afford the risk and have hung themselves.

That makes an immediate mockery of the SPFl bluster %^*& of a statement regards bullying. Why would clubs not feel safe to speak out about the clear coercion?
It all comes down to what do they have to fear. I remain hopeful this may gain enough traction to at least make the meeting today hostile and Tuesday a little uncomfortable for the head rats

On a quick read through, it's hardly deep throat is it? The gun isnt exactly smoking.

There is certainly some validity in the allegations that we're making. It would appear that Doncaster is guilty of misleading by omission. It would also appear that certain club chairmen have acted exceptionally poorly. That said, there are a few things that do nothing to help any argument that we may have regarding wrongdoing.

The behaviour of Doncaster. It's clear that he has withheld things from member clubs. The effect of that was to encourage a vote based on incomplete information. Would the information withheld have led members to vote in a different way? Nobody will know for sure. It's one thing having John Steele complain about the way that the vote was run but it's another thing completely arguing that Dumbarton would have voted any differently. The same goes for every other SPFL club.

The £10million potential liability. Is that allegation absolutely cast iron? Would ending the lower 3 leagues in the SPFL really give rise to a liability of £10million? Include the top flight in that and between Ladbrokes league sponsorship and TV rights there could be a significant cost, but £10million based on ending the Championship, League One and League Two? I'd love to see the actual evidence because it's a pretty strong claim that seems more than a bit outlandish.

The behaviour of chairmen of other clubs. Far too easy for the SPFL board to write that off as club chairmen looking after their own affairs. McArthur and Mulraney trying to strong arm Inverness into voting the way they want? Too easy to argue that it was the act of individual chairmen trying to get money to their own clubs. Brechin chairman trying to influence League Two? The same. It's hardly something that will reflect poorly on the 3 main targets of Doncaster, MacKenzie and MacLellan. Talk of failing to pursue reports of misconduct from SPFL chairmen is an allegation that reflects badly on Doncaster for sure - if he was made aware of the conduct of club chairmen then there should have been a means of taking that allegation forward.

At first reading this really looks like Doncaster should be facing action under companies law. He appears to have acted in bad faith, to have withheld information and to have failed in various duties that would be expected of him. What would that actually achieve, other than potentially seeing him removed from his position? Are clubs going to vote differently? If clubs do vote again and reach the same outcome then what's actually changed? We havent resolved the top flight yet and we appear no closer to having a settled outcome - will reopening the debate about awarding Raith Rovers a league title do anything to progress whats likely to happen with the Premier League?

The full 200 page version needs to be significantly better than that summary.

Last edited:
Back