The fabled Manchester United number 7 shirt

Iconic in the world of "celebrity" not in the world of football.

Absolute nonsense.

A man who was a star player for Man Utd and didn't look out of place in the Galacticos team.

Countless honours, over 100 caps, also playing for Milan and PSG.

What more do you want? At the peak of his game he could have played for anyone.

That in my mind is what makes a world class player.

Always liked this video Fergie waiting at side after Euros win, Nani still calling him boss. Ronaldo obv with the respect, get feeling he was SAF greatest ever

Beckham's touch, vision, distribution, movement, intelligence and delivery beat many a man - time and time again.

Clever player, fantastic touch, good movement, took up dangerous positions on the park - always found that bit of space and his range of passing was phenomenal, better than our managers which is saying sine thing. The amount of times he controlled the pace of play as well was impressive. Not bad for a player who couldn't beat a man.

England captain, Manchester Unired, AC Milan, PSG and Real Madrid says it all.

All round good guy as well.

It doesn’t say it all though, which is why there’s always a debate about the impact and power of his celebrity status.

Go back and see my post for a break down if those clubs while Beckham was there. And this next bit isn’t aimed as you mate so don’t take offence, but it always amazes me the way people greet whenever people question how good Beckham actually was. You’d be forgiven for thinking he was an ex Rangers player.

You don't become England's most capped outfield player if you're not top class. Only recently surpassed by Rooney.

Back