The Famous Headwear - retro Rangers products

Nacho Novo

https://www.thefamousheadwear.co.uk/products

"We're passionate about The Famous team up Ibrox Park, and we're proud of the hats & scarves we make celebrating our clubs history.

Born from a desire to see and offer something different to fans, everything is 100% designed, made and hand finished to the highest quality in our Scottish workshop.

Thanks for showing an interest and enjoy the memories."

#thefamousheadwear

Rangers retro Hats, Scarves, Pin Badges and Accessories are just some of the products being sold, have to say, fantastic quality and anything to get the famous colours of the red, white and blue on show following Rangers both home and away.

"We're passionate about The Famous team up Ibrox Park, and we're proud of the hats & scarves we make celebrating our clubs history.

Born from a desire to see and offer something different to fans, everything is 100% designed, made and hand finished to the highest quality in our Scottish workshop.

#thefamousheadwear

Rangers retro Hats, Scarves, Pin Badges and Accessories are just some of the products being sold, have to say, fantastic quality and anything to get the famous colours of the red, white and blue on show following Rangers both home and away.
Some lovely stuff there & that wee bit different,well impressive.

#thefamousheadwear

As you know mate I love your stuff, 2 bunnets already and a hint to anyone at Xmas or birthday for a gift for me.

Would recommend this company to any bear looking for something that’s a wee bit different and with a bit of quality.

As you know mate I love your stuff, 2 bunnets already and a hint to anyone at Xmas or birthday for a gift for me.

Would recommend this company to any bear looking for something that’s a wee bit different and with a bit of quality.

I'm only suggesting it mate, I'm not employed by them or anything. Just want to see as much colour in and around Glasgow as we can get, matchday or not! Still very important to have a Rangers presence on show in town even when we aren't playing. Let the tims know we're not going anywhere while they have their period of dominance which won't last for long.

For the folks who keep saying the stuff is pricey it may be more expensive than a bunnet and a scarf from the wee bloke on the stall outside the ground but it’s not too bad when compared to other premium products like it in shops that sell similar goods made its quality materials . It’s not nylon wool it’s lambswool and meniro wool that is used. Part of my reason for getting one of their bunnets originally was I get a rash on my forehead when I wear a hat made with manmade fibres. I don’t get the same irritation with wool or cotton.

Also the designs are first class

The prices are what they are to be honest, and you either are willing to pay or you're not. in saying that I've bought 4 scarves and 2 hats and as aforementioned the quality is top notch, worth shelling out for imo.

The prices are what they are to be honest, and you either are willing to pay or you're not. in saying that I've bought 4 scarves and 2 hats and as aforementioned the quality is top notch, worth shelling out for imo.
Don't get me wrong. They look really nice and the material looks quality too. I just don't think I can justify paying 38 quid plus nearly a fiver p+p for a hat.

For the folks who keep saying the stuff is pricey it may be more expensive than a bunnet and a scarf from the wee bloke on the stall outside the ground but it’s not too bad when compared to other premium products like it in shops that sell similar goods made its quality materials . It’s not nylon wool it’s lambswool and meniro wool that is used. Part of my reason for getting one of their bunnets originally was I get a rash on my forehead when I wear a hat made with manmade fibres. I don’t get the same irritation with wool or cotton.

Also the designs are first class

Is second this. I got the Slim Jim scarf recently after I lost my old one at the December OF and it’s great. I was a wee bit taken aback by the prices to begin with but the quality is there. This one will last me for years if I look after it & i’d rather a Rangers fan had my cash than anyone else when the club don’t sell a bar scarf like it.

Folks will moan about the price, which is fine.

It’s personal preference.

I’ve not bought any of the stuff, but it looks a real step up on the shite often mass produced either by the club, or on the streets.

Liking the golf covers. Might be a purchase there for me.

Last edited:
Ordered the golf head covers last week. Hoping they come before my Saturday medal. Fed up of Celtic ball markers and towels on the bag - this will hopefully annoy a few club tims :))

I remember I had a Dado Prso red, white and blue headband due to him constantly taking one on the dome.

I just knew after I’d been through the link that the permanently grumpy would be moaning about price.

I think the range is fantastic and even if the items weren’t instantly evocative of some wonderful times the materials themselves justify the premium.

Don’t like them? Fine. Can’t justify the outlay? That’s fine too. Times are tough.

However, the boys/girls behind this deserve nothing but respect for a great idea executed really well.

I’ll be buying later.

I just knew after I’d been through the link that the permanently grumpy would be moaning about price.

I think the range is fantastic and even if the items weren’t instantly evocative of some wonderful times the materials themselves justify the premium.

Don’t like them? Fine. Can’t justify the outlay? That’s fine too. Times are tough.

However, the boys/girls behind this deserve nothing but respect for a great idea executed really well.

I’ll be buying later.

The thing is we need rangers related products at the top end of the market. I paid £55 for a saville rouge scarf as a Xmas present to my brother - money into the hands of others. Why the sudden disgust at prices when it’s in the rangers family?

If there’s a market and the product is good. Batter on.

The thing is we need rangers related products at the top end of the market. I paid £55 for a saville rouge scarf as a Xmas present to my brother - money into the hands of others. Why the sudden disgust at prices when it’s in the rangers family?

If there’s a market and the product is good. Batter on.

Agreed. It’s never, ever been the FF way though.

I have a battle fever along with a Wilkins volley scarf and more recently a Wilkins volley for the wee man.

Stuff has always been of the highest quality and we'll made and finished. Can't recommend them enough.

Some very unique products. Once you have bought and received something from them you will soon understand the pricing.

Thanks for the positive feedback folks, it makes all the hard work worthwhile. Thank you to the OP as well for posting the link. I've never posted the products or website on FF as it's not what we're about, we understand our stuff isn't for everyone but it is there nonetheless for any fans looking for something different in your match day wardrobe.

I've mentioned on here before about our set up, but will do so again for anyone interested. We're a small independent business who have our own workshop in Scotland, everything we produce is made in small batches using high quality materials and is hand finished by our wee team. This attention to detail is what we aim to show in the end product and is why the price is higher than run of the mill, mass produced cheaper quality items you can find just about anywhere these days.

We could easily knock out much inferior products at a lower cost, but there's no benefit to anyone in that situation as the quality would be rubbish and there are factories in the UK - never mind China/Turkey etc who are already doing this on a scale 100 times the size of our set up.

I always tell anyone who is kind enough to show an interest in our product that at the very least, I hope the memories some of the designs bring back are there to be enjoyed. The Famous has only grown to what it has become from your support and an ambition this end to create hats, scarves and the rest that we want to see out there amongst the Rangers fans.

Ordered the golf head covers last week. Hoping they come before my Saturday medal. Fed up of Celtic ball markers and towels on the bag - this will hopefully annoy a few club tims :))

Ping me your order number pal and I'll give you an update on that - we're working through the orders from last week at the moment with a post run planned tomorrow (Thursday) and Friday

The “fleck” and “ battle fever “ hats are simply brilliant . Superb stuff .

I've got the original Battle Fever one with the white band instead of red. I'd been humming and hawing between that and the Fleck one. I'll order another the next time I'm back in Scotland as the quality is different class.

Would have bought a hat but not a big fan of the square badge logo thing, hopefully versions without will be released

As for price I have no problem paying for quality you get what you pay for

As an aside - all of our bobble hats are also available without the bobble - simply stick a note in at checkout! (Its actually less work to finish the hat without a pom pom) Cheers

can I get a bobble hat without the square logo stitched on mate?

Stuff looks really good albeit a tad pricey.

I've so much stuff or I'd have bought something by now but running out of space!

can I get a bobble hat without the square logo stitched on mate?

I'm afraid that's one theme we insist on keeping with all the products, it is our brand and ultimately we have to look after it's interests. We do think the logo is consistent with the heritage of traditional Rangers scarves and hats and it was designed that way, sorry this isn't the response preferred!

No half and half ski hats? I guess you wouldnt know which teams to pair us with these days. I call Rangers/Chelsea, Rangers/Arsenal Rangers/Liverpool ones from my youth. I suppose you'd need to make Rangers/Madrid, Rangers/Barca, Rangers/Hamburg one's nowadays...

No offence meant, but I think the products would look better without your "the famous" patch on them. Although having said that your logo looks great on its own. It just doesnt seem to match the merch. I take it it is removable?

Last edited:
No half and half ski hats? I guess you wouldnt know which teams to pair us with these days. I call Rangers/Chelsea, Rangers/Arsenal Rangers/Liverpool ones from my youth. I suppose you'd need to make Rangers/Madrid, Rangers/Barca, Rangers/Hamburg one's nowadays...

No offence meant, but I think the products would look better without your "the famous" patch on them. Although having said that your logo looks great on its own. It just doesnt seem to match the merch. I take it it is removable?

We did make some Rangers/HSV ones last month actually, they weren't for sale though unfortunately just for copyright mainly at HSV end.

RE: the logo, feedback appreciated but we do disagree :D

I’ve got 50 titles and the wee man has the Wilkins volley. Tremendous products.

When I saw retro headwear in the title though I thought it was a comeback of the red, white and blue bucket hats!

We did make some Rangers/HSV ones last month actually, they weren't for sale though unfortunately just for copyright mainly at HSV end.

RE: the logo, feedback appreciated but we do disagree :D

Would you consider making Linfield, Hamburg, Chelsea or Copenhagen ones in future? Anyway around the copyright?

Just slapped in an order for 3 hats. Last time I was at Ibrox the shop was pretty bare so the kids were left hatless. Won a few bob on Woods in the Masters and I’ve just now spent it on them. Thanks Tiger !!

If Rangers marketing department don't employ or at least buy this outfits stuff then nobody can bitch and moan about money not going to the club.

Back