'The Famous' scarf.

Paulie Walnuts

Seen a thing on Twitter (unsure how to attach the link) but it was a competition to win a new scarf that 'The Famous' have on sale. (for those not familiar with The Famous, they recreate the designs from famous Rangers jerseys/tops into hats/scarves etc).

I clicked into it and it's a modern version of the 50's and 60's scarf and it looked okay.
Turns out it is £52!!!
For a scarf!!!

Now, l am fully in the 'Don't like the price, don't buy it' camp - but this is just taking the p*ss?
Even Castore don't charge that for scarves!!!

The Famous have some decent stuff but scarves ranging from £26 to £38 in the normal section, then up to £52 for this 'retro' one!
Absolutely bonkers.

Haven't seen them, but I'd imagine the cost is due to the quality of materials and numbers produced. Generally, if less are made (e.g. limited edition) then the cost of making them is much higher.

I don't have one of their scarfs but have bought a couple in the past as gifts and can vouch for the fact they are not your run of the mill scarfs that are sold outside Ibrox on match days and are great quality. The more expensive ones are made with merino wool, hence the price. Keep hoping someone will buy me one as a gift! :))

Seen a thing on Twitter (unsure how to attach the link) but it was a competition to win a new scarf that 'The Famous' have on sale. (for those not familiar with The Famous, they recreate the designs from famous Rangers jerseys/tops into hats/scarves etc).

I clicked into it and it's a modern version of the 50's and 60's scarf and it looked okay.
Turns out it is £52!!!
For a scarf!!!

Now, l am fully in the 'Don't like the price, don't buy it' camp - but this is just taking the p*ss?
Even Castore don't charge that for scarves!!!

The Famous have some decent stuff but scarves ranging from £26 to £38 in the normal section, then up to £52 for this 'retro' one!
Absolutely bonkers.

With respect mate, most of your comments, I've read before in relation to The Famous.

I've yet to read anyone say anything like that AFTER purchasing stuff from there. This scarf isn't for me but, there is no doubt in my mind it'll be excellent quality going on their track record.

Comparing them to Castore is also a bit silly imo. As you say yourself, no-one is being forced into this and it'll sell well. They advertise a premium product and that's exactly what you get. I say, fair fucks to them.

I don't have one of their scarfs but have bought a couple in the past as gifts and can vouch for the fact they are not your run of the mill scarfs that are sold outside Ibrox on match days and are great quality. The more expensive ones are made with merino wool, hence the price. Keep hoping someone will buy me one as a gift! :))

Took me a couple of years hinting to get a hat and a golf head cover. Keep at it bro :)

With respect mate, most of your comments, I've read before in relation to The Famous.

I've yet to read anyone say anything like that AFTER purchasing stuff from there. This scarf isn't for me but, there is no doubt in my mind it'll be excellent quality going on their track record.

Comparing them to Castore is also a bit silly imo. As you say yourself, no-one is being forced into this and it'll sell well. They advertise a premium product and that's exactly what you get. I say, fair fucks to them.
I get that - but £52 for a scarf?
Premium or not, that's mental.

The Famous hats and scarves are superb,really top quality items.
The new scarf looks brilliant,I am for one,feel like treating myself.

Fair one mate but, people pay a shitload of money for 'premium' clothing all the time (a lot more than that for scarves I may add) I think because it happens to be an item that is generally seen to be 'cheap' and isn't a big brand as such, people will be a bit put off.

It will definitely sell well though. Cracking gift to get someone too.

I’ve still got my scarf from the 60’s never bought another, it’s seen many battles and still good enough to see many more

Gucci sell a scarf for £340. I remember a firm selling a cashmere Rangers bar scarf for about £80 and I've seen plenty of people wear them at Ibrox.

This product is a low volume scarf from premium merino wool made in Scotland, it is not a high volume one made by a Uyghur slave in China out of synthetic materials. I think its a pretty good price for that kind of quality.

The boy who runs the Famous is a superb guy. He gives away a lot of product, and he's a good Bear who actually attends games. Home, away, Europe the lot.

I have a few products from the famous when they had not long launched and can vouch that they are indeed quality, second to none on my opinion.

People have budgets and pay what they feel comfortable paying for products I suppose and that's cool. If the price isnt something you feel comfortable with then fair enough.

Like other have also said when you look at what people will spend on other items of fashion be it a pair of designer sunglasses a t-shirt etc is it all that bad?

I've bought one of their snoods. I wouldn't pay the cash for another item tbh.

Nice enough, but didn't feel top quality wool to me. Had far better

Back