The fantasy of club1872 Members

Robert Marshall

I will say one thing about the fans who believe they are Members of Club1872, you are not, the only Members are the ones on the Board of 1872, the rest of you are contributors.
You have no meaning of a vote to change things
99% of the Contributors could cast their opinion on any subject, but if the small group of self-serving Members on the Board decides on something else, or should I say Dave King decides what is to happen, then that's what happens
I think Mark Dingwall has told you the truth about Dave King, listen to him

I will say one thing about the fans who believe they are Members of Club1872, you are not, the only Members are the ones on the Board of 1872, the rest of you are contributors.
99% of the Contributors could cast their opinion on any subject, but if the small group of self-serving Members on the Board decides on something else, or should I say Dave King decides what is to happen, then that's what happens
Is Chris Graham still one of the main people ?

The main reason I didn't join.
My shares are my own and I can vote whatever way I like.
I'm not tied in to the majority of a group I may not necessarily agree with.

I don't like the way Dave King is going about things necessarily.

But I don't see many alternatives given the fall out with current Rangers board.

And most of what he has said about the club since the weeks we clinched 55 seem to have played out.

Do you want the Parks to stay?
Have they done a good job?

Sometimes it appears as though prominent board or exboard members each pick their team.
King.... Park
I'll pick 1872..... I'll pick FF.
I'll pick Rab at the Louden.... I'll pick Chris Graham...

And so on.
As I say, this isn't an accusation, it's a statement of how it looks to me.

The main reason being.
Very few will actively criticise the other side.

There is always a good guy and a bad guy.

They've all done good things for our great club, but they've also all let us down badly at other times.

I agree ,being a contributing member, however it will only change when the next election to the board are due. Given the set up it could take a couple of years to change the balance of Club 1872. I just hope we get some decent candidates for the next board election.

In all seriousness in terms of Dave King.

I had a PM from yourself directly about what I had said about Dave King when he arrived at the club. On the basis that I had been told once he gets his claws in he will only want money and in it for himself. You had told me that what I was saying was nonsense and to get my facts straight.

The above isn't to go over old ground. It's merely to say that things are clearly changing within the club/board. The only ones suffering are us, the supporters. Those in power then fall out and point fingers.

Year on year the support hold onto the Board/Managers and players all providing us something to be proud of.

The slating of the board past and present, its just becoming brutal. Everyone is in it for themselves now and trying to protect whatever money they have.

For what it's worth I actually felt that when King left it was always going to be difficult to then see who would fill his boots.

Never ending saga of throwing mud.

Dave why not do your talking behind closed doors , how do u expect communication when you openly savage our board because they told club 1872 to do one . Time you butt out

That sneaky change of the constitution and article sis something that was never given the coverage it deserved, because most 'members' were not interested in the minutiae of corporate governance. A power grab that any third world dictator would be proud of.

George Hoggan is not self serving.
As someone who has known him personally for nearly 40 years.
Couldn’t be further from the truth.

What is the truth about Dave King ?

I’m no fan of C1872 particularly after the shenanigans with approaching Castore and the way they removed Rev McQuarie from the board.

Dave king has done good and done bad for Rangers
Same with Douglas Park.

My issue is with those who currently hold power at Ibrox and the only way I can raise my concerns is by voting against one resolution in the upcoming AGM.
This one resolution is against the reappointment of our current chairman as I believe rightly or wrongly he has put his own interests before the club

I seen an account from the meeting last night and a specific mention was regarding fan media, naming FF, as doing the boards spin work.

I know you’re not an admin Robert, but given your son is employed by the board, it’s clear you’d never slate them.

This post of yours simply adds weight to those claims from the meeting last night tbh.

And as @Empire stated above, this is all rather tedious mud slinging pish with certain people taking sides whilst the vast majority of fans are in the middle wishing both sides would STFU and stop the circus

For the record, I have zero time for C1872 as I believe it’s now become a front for King and is a busted flush with self serving blazer chasers

I am slowly losing patience with King for his mud slinging pish as it’s become rather boring now

I have lost a hell of a lot of respect for the current board due to the ever growing list of mistakes they’ve made, costly ones, and the current way they’re treating the fans with lack of communication.

That sneaky change of the constitution and article sis something that was never given the coverage it deserved, because most 'members' were not interested in the minutiae of corporate governance. A power grab that any third world dictator would be proud of.

Remember it was supposed to be annual elections? Now they have set the rules so that they control who is allowed to stand.

It was supposed to have members voting on the direction of the organisation. Now they decide that all the funds should go to an individual without the members having a say.

Now they don't even get told what happened in the meetings

Last edited:
Robert you have changed your tune on this more times than I can remember. Was DK not your buddy once ? Same as Robert Blair …
Most people will have changed their tune on King and some others. Which is fine, because it’s Rangers that matter. I’m always on the side of the people who are best for the club, and that may change now and again

So many egos involved all over. Honestly tiresome what’s best for Rangers often feels like it comes as a close second to quite a few

Given up on it all.

C1872 are ineffective.

Whoever owns/operates it doesn’t really bother me anymore.

Being honest, as useless as they sound, they’ll never allow an Ashley/Whyte scenario.

Their shareholding is merely an insurance policy for me and I wouldn’t want them having much say on matters outside of that.

Good fun this, eh?

Public fighting all over the place.

What’s David Murray up to these day? Maybe he could come back and cause less tension.

The agm looks to be a right laugh

We have clearly nose dived since king left. Is that just a coincidence, did he leave because he seen it coming, or has it nose dived due to the like of Park and Co’s mismanagement. That is the question.
Won 55, won Scottish cup, got to Europa league final and posted our best financial result for years, that's some mismanagement ! Oh and it looks like Dave Kings personal vendetta with Mike Ashley is going to cost us millions !

Us a Rangers fans have been lead a merry dance so many times by those “itk”

Two very prominent voices in this thread can’t deny this. They have backed a few in the race for the boardroom. While in my opinion wanting it for themselves or a place man.

Bit like what king has with Chris Graham. And he has that lassie laura.

C1872 was a great chance for us rank and file fans to kick on and have a major say in our club.

But like many things to do with our club. The petty arguing and self ego for power has ruined it.

Won 55, won Scottish cup, got to Europa league final and posted our best financial result for years, that's some mismanagement ! Oh and it looks like Dave Kings personal vendetta with Mike Ashley is going to cost us millions !
We peaked for a period of about 18 months after >decade of hurt. We’re now back to 2017/18 pain.

Great having record revenue when they properly reinvest!

I do remember with fondness having it out with Chris Graham once when he was pontificating about our club and why his way was the best way and all he was asking was for supporters to question everyone even remotely involved in the running of our club or proposing they should be.

I also remember telling Chris to be careful what he wishes for because he just may get it.

I had a PM from yourself directly about what I had said about Dave King when he arrived at the club. On the basis that I had been told once he gets his claws in he will only want money and in it for himself. You had told me that what I was saying was nonsense and to get my facts straight.

The above isn't to go over old ground. It's merely to say that things are clearly changing within the club/board. The only ones suffering are us, the supporters. Those in power then fall out and point fingers.

Year on year the support hold onto the Board/Managers and players all providing us something to be proud of.

The slating of the board past and present, its just becoming brutal. Everyone is in it for themselves now and trying to protect whatever money they have.

For what it's worth I actually felt that when King left it was always going to be difficult to then see who would fill his boots.

There’s only one person throwing mud and it’s Dave King. The Board are not reacting or engaging with him via the press.
As a former Chairman he was the leader of many of the decisions that he’s criticising now.

He’s breaking every rule in the book of how to behave as a former Chairman. He seems to forget that Douglas Park supported him and never stood against him. Douglas Park became Chairman because Dave King walked away mid season.

He has the cheek to talk about the need for investment whilst trying to get us to give him £12m !

It’s time to shut up Dave and show some respect for the guys you left holding the baby.

Interesting if you get a response to this.

Of course he is, Dave RHM
Robert the better half and I along with yourself, a simple question in the space of three odd years attending meetings, am I correct that not once we had an AGM. which if I’m right they should have been done! as you have all these corporate procedures. Also how come we would go to meetings and new people would be sitting at the top table, who were never voted on, to disappear next meetings.

Can someone answer this one HONESTLY...

Dave King's claim seems to be that Rangers are being mismanaged by the incumbents in charge and that he wants them out. His claim is that he has Rangers best interests at heart and that's the reason for pushing for change - for the benefit of the Club.

Now, let's imagine Dave King didn't have a significant amount of capital tied up in Rangers shares that he seems to be desperate to sell to release the capital.

Would he still be as passionate about pushing for change, purely based on having the club's best interests at heart?

Latest posts

Back