The fantasy of club1872 Members

So many egos involved all over. Honestly tiresome what’s best for Rangers often feels like it comes as a close second to quite a few
Some people have zero awareness. Getting themselves all worked up about an issue that probably less than 5% of the Rangers fanbase care about.

Anything for a bit of attention and to keep their name out there I suppose though.

Anyone know what Craig Houstons role is?
I thought he would be front and centre when he was brought on board.

I'm not on any 'side' here.

But what I find interesting is, that people on FF have been accused of using the platform for anti-King/Club1872 propaganda, for having the audacity to call them out, for what appears to be on the face of of it genuine criticism with a fair amount of justification and evidence behind them.

Meanwhile, there then comes a bombardment of counter criticism by people clearly taking this way too personally, insinuating they are potentially involved themselves, without making a full disclosure of such and hiding behind anonymous accounts, unlike the people who they are criticising, whom we know EXACTLY who they are.

The same accounts appear like clockwork on every threat too.

So, are we supposed to believe that those involved with King and C1872 don't come on here and mud sling and deflect? Not a chance.

But at least we KNOW who one side are. And that makes me trust them a hell of a lot more.

On the other hand, if someone from C1872 or the King/Graham camp wanted an official account on here, would they be allowed one?

Last edited:
The thing I'm curious about was Club 1872's construction. Was it always the plan for King from the start. Condense the major supporter groups into one so he can get his money back when he wants to get out?

He gets his money back but still controls the shares?

I've just watched part 1 of this and it's fascinating viewing. A couple of things stood out.

1) the relationship between King and Douglas Park is clearly infinitely worse than I thought. King goes after him very, very personally here. Not the voting against him soundbite in the paper, but a very personal attack on his integrity and his competence. King may very well be justified in doing so, who knows. But it's very incendiary.

2) he suggests that we (those who introduced resolutions to remove the incumbent board of C1872) were somehow tools of David Graham and the RIFC board. I can categorically say that it's utter bollocks.

Personally, I have never had any contact with anyone in any position of authority at club (with the exception of James Bisgrove and that's only because I emailed him a couple of times when I've been on the end of the shambolic and contemptuous customer service for Club 72 season ticket holders. My interactions with him have been solely on that subject, and he did act to sort out the both issues.). None of our criticisms of the Board of C1872 came from the club; they came from C1872's own pronouncements, Companies House filings and failures.

I'm not on any 'side' here.

But what I find interesting is, that people on FF have been accused of using the platform for anti-King/Club1872 propaganda, for having the audacity to call them out, for what appears to be on the face of of it genuine criticism with a fair amount of justification and evidence behind them.

Meanwhile, there then comes a bombardment of counter criticism by people clearly taking this way too personally, insinuating they are potentially involved themselves, without making a full disclosure of such and hiding behind anonymous accounts, unlike the people who they are criticising, whom we know EXACTLY who they are.

The same accounts appear like clockwork on every threat too.

So, are we supposed to believe that those involved with King and C1872 don't come on here and mud sling and deflect? Not a chance.

But at least we KNOW who one side are. And that makes me trust them a hell of a lot more.

On the other hand, if someone from C1872 or the King/Graham camp wanted an official account on here, would they be allowed one?
I would think they would be allowed to. Chris Graham posted here before.

Biggest issue is that would require transparency, something Club 1872 haven't shown for years.

Biggest issue is that would require transparency, something Club 1872 haven't shown for years.
Well exactly. That is kind of my point.

If they are that worried about transparency and accountability, why not practice it themselves. Instead of criticising those who do, at least, front up and open themselves up to scrutiny.

all those with links from both factions however small seem to all be hammering this same stuff constantly right now, too many egos from all sides

its getting tedious and fans can see whats going on, vested interests on both sides

Well exactly. That is kind of my point.

If they are that worried about transparency and accountability, why not practice it themselves. Instead of criticising those who do, at least, front up and open themselves up to scrutiny.
I'll defend them here to some extent.

This is a public forum, regulars knew Chris was "Fury", for example but you couldn't Google his name and find his every utterance from the Lounge, for example, which is perfectly understandable. Likewise, my username isn't my actual name, though I haven't hidden who I am, so that you can't Google my name and read my pots on how much I love The Wire... Same for Charles.

I think it's obvious that the board of C1872 have accounts on here and it is a little surprising that they don't make themselves known, but I can understand why.

I'll defend them here to some extent.

This is a public forum, regulars knew Chris was "Fury", for example but you couldn't Google his name and find his every utterance from the Lounge, for example, which is perfectly understandable. Likewise, my username isn't my actual name, though I haven't hidden who I am, so that you can't Google my name and read my pots on how much I love The Wire... Same for Charles.

I think it's obvious that the board of C1872 have accounts on here and it is a little surprising that they don't make themselves known, but I can understand why.
Yeah totally 100%.

But they could and probably should, have an offcial account perhaps?

The thing I'm curious about was Club 1872's construction. Was it always the plan for King from the start. Condense the major supporter groups into one so he can get his money back when he wants to get out?

He gets his money back but still controls the shares?
I don’t know but I do know one thing if I could vote again I wouldn’t vote to merge the RST into club1872.

I don’t know but I do know one thing if I could vote again I wouldn’t vote to merge the RST into club1872.
I still have a bad taste about that, especially as I was one of the RST members effectively expelled by the merger (as I was a member but, due to lack of funds, not contributing to the share purchase scheme). To this day no-one from either organisation had given an explanation as to why that happened. (Although I have a pretty good idea).

Nevertheless, I signed up for C1872 as I believed (and still do) in the concept of a supporters organisation holding a significant shareholding in the club. I remain a ‘contributor’ to this day.

However the disguised power grab (in the shape of changing the articles to disenfranchise the people paying subscriptions), the continued involvement of Chris Graham as Dave King’s proxy, the fact that they seem to be supinely acting as a tool for DK in his fight with DP and the fact that certain Board members seem to think they have a right to be there because of past endeavours mean I have no faith in the current Board of C1872.

Edit: And the disgustingly vindictive way they acted against Rev Macquarie and those who proposed the changes.

This is my biggest issue also. It appears to have become something of a closed shop and it's been made as difficult as possible for anyone on the outside to challenge those currently in control. I'm a lifetime member, so still have a vote for what it's worth, but long since stopped making contributions. It has strayed too far, way too far, from what I'd hoped it would be at the outset.

Last edited:
Dave King Q&A
Dear Contributor,
On Monday 21st November 2022, we held a Q&A with former Rangers Chairman, Dave King. As promised the event was recorded for Contributors.
Mr King answered questions from Contributors in attendance and also from those who submitted questions via email. He spoke for just over an hour and covered a large number of topics.
The first part of the video is now available to view. In this part, Dave King answered topics in detail ranging from the managerial position, Rangers’ Communications and PR, various allegations relating to his loans to the club and the financial position at the time he left, as well as his thoughts on the upcoming AGM resolutions and Rangers Board. He also addressed the Sports Direct settlement and the current retail arrangemet with Castore.
You can view the video here
Club 1872

I still have a bad taste about that, especially as I was one of the RST members effectively expelled by the merger (as I was a member but, due to lack of funds, not contributing to the share purchase scheme). To this day no-one from either organisation had given an explanation as to why that happened. (Although I have a pretty good idea).
I too have had a similar experience from the merging of the RST and C1872. Right back at the formation of the RST I handed up a good wad of cash to become a lifetime member.
When C1872 started up my previous lifetime membership from the assimilated RST just disappeared into the ether.

Still pisses me off to this day, and is responsible for my jaundiced view of C1872

How I would love to see Rangers fans on the same page, we would be unstoppable as a support

Saying is true, if you had 5 Rangers fans on a desert island there would be 7 Supporters Clubs by the end of the week

I too have had a similar experience from the merging of the RST and C1872. Right back at the formation of the RST I handed up a good wad of cash to become a lifetime member.
When C1872 started up my previous lifetime membership from the assimilated RST just disappeared into the ether.

Still pisses me off to this day, and is responsible for my jaundiced view of C1872
I was lifetime member of RST having initially joined at inaugural meeting many years ago. It has transferred to C1872.

You will never dare say a bad word about this current board. No one cares about your feud with Club 1872. It is a complete and utter irrelevance.

choose

There's certain posters on here who won't dare criticise Club1872 or Dave King.Instead they throw personal insults to the likes of RM.Pot,kettle and black springs to mind.

Last edited:
Having watched the video I am even more on King's side than I was before.
Having watched it he has certainly cleared a lot of the allegations against him up. It is important that the board confront the issues raised in the video as well. It’s the only way the ordinary fan can get the info to make a proper judgement .

Dave King Q&A
Dear Contributor,
On Monday 21st November 2022, we held a Q&A with former Rangers Chairman, Dave King. As promised the event was recorded for Contributors.
Mr King answered questions from Contributors in attendance and also from those who submitted questions via email. He spoke for just over an hour and covered a large number of topics.
The first part of the video is now available to view. In this part, Dave King answered topics in detail ranging from the managerial position, Rangers’ Communications and PR, various allegations relating to his loans to the club and the financial position at the time he left, as well as his thoughts on the upcoming AGM resolutions and Rangers Board. He also addressed the Sports Direct settlement and the current retail arrangemet with Castore.
Club 1872
Started to watch. Realised its the same 2 on board for the last 7 years.

Had to switch off.

All Rangers fans start out with a love of the club.

Some are able to shout louder than others and get their voices heard most.

This in turn, gets them noticed and raises their profile.

The attention elevates their status and for some, the new-found fame goes to their heads.

Instead of acting in the best overall interests of the club and their fellow fans, they start looking after their own interests and look to feather their own nest.

As their self-interest becomes apparent, they get called-out on it and the infighting and recriminations ensue.

Nine times out of ten, it leads to their public downfall and the whole ugly circus begins again, with new faces, new promises of honesty & transparency and a new scam to con the ordinary punters, who want nothing more than the best for the club.

Re-apply, rinse & repeat ...... it's a very well trodden pathway.

So watched part 1.

Dave sure has a high opinion of himself and his legacy at the club. He was right and did nothing wrong and everything everyone else does is terrible and their fault.

David Graham left due to an extremely sick family member, so say otherwise is poor taste and disgusting.

So he’s happy with Ross Wilson, happy with Bisgrove (as per a previous interview) and the most of the board other than the Parks and now is basically running another public feud, with in my opinion helps him sell C1782 as the resolution and sells his shares too.

All Rangers fans start out with a love of the club.

Some are able to shout louder than others and get their voices heard most.

This in turn, gets them noticed and raises their profile.

The attention elevates their status and for some, the new-found fame goes to their heads.

Instead of acting in the best overall interests of the club and their fellow fans, they start looking after their own interests and look to feather their own nest.

As their self-interest becomes apparent, they get called-out on it and the infighting and recriminations ensue.

Nine times out of ten, it leads to their public downfall and the whole ugly circus begins again, with new faces, new promises of honesty & transparency and a new scam to con the ordinary punters, who want nothing more than the best for the club.

Re-apply, rinse & repeat ...... it's a very well trodden pathway.
You have just given the perfect description of a politician.

Here's the thing. Dave's the one who has been pushing the poison. As soon as someone dares to answer him back they get accused of being played.
However it should be said that we were much stronger all round when he was at the helm - reading between the lines he made everyone accountable - whereas we look weak and ineffective all over now - maybe coincidence but I think not

I'm always loathe to criticise Dave King due to his role in getting rid of the Spivs. For that I will ever be grateful. He does seem to enjoy a good fight, however. He did it with Ashley and now with the Parks. Not sure it's always in the best interests of Rangers.

As part of the group that challenged the C1872 board, I had the opportunity to delve a little bit more deeply into the way it works as well as their record of 'managed decline'. Sadly, I couldn't recommend to anyone either becoming or remaining a contributor as things stand. Bears would be better advised to put money into a savings account and then using that money to buy shares in their own name.

C1872 aren't going anywhere. Contributing members, including legacy donations continue to decline. The idea that they could acquire Dave King's shares is hopelessly unrealistic (unless he gifts them) and they lack any kind of constructive relationship with the Club.

C1872 could have been a successful voice for the support. In my opinion, they have been led down a blind alley by people who simply don't understand how to operate in the business and corporate world.

Wonder what the edits/short periods of silence are around 21:10 when DK is talking about David Graham - especially as he's just said he was against all that the club had done with the Everyone Anyone campaign. Calling him a bigot?

Wonder what the edits/short periods of silence are around 21:10 when DK is talking about David Graham - especially as he's just said he was against all that the club had done with the Everyone Anyone campaign. Calling him a bigot?

Wonder what his thoughts were on his mate who he hired(CG) who had to resign due to offensive tweets on his social media?

Anyone know what Craig Houstons role is?
I thought he would be front and centre when he was brought on board.
Houston is obviously a blazer chaser with little or zero hope of achieving his aim. The publican Marshall is is a loose cannon who polirizes opinion in almost every thread he pollutes and subsequently neither have a significant or realistic interest in the promotion and advancement of the club as have the fuckwit puppets that are in charge of C1872. New fresh professionalism and talent is required to take the club forward.

Sometimes it starts with the evidence, I trust King more than others. I also like and trust Chris Graham.

However no doubt club1872 is an absolute shambles.

The two aren’t mutually exclusive. The same way I have enormous respect for the board investors however think they need to put in real operational leadership.
You've got serious trust issues then, literally the 2 most untrustworthy and self seeking egotists involved in all this nonsense.

Dave King Q&A
Dear Contributor,
Club 1872
Dave King is solely responsible for the Ashley/SD/Elite contract breaches. Surely he should donate his shares FOC to cover the massive compensation he has cost us?

Re C1872, Mr Marshall was warned repeatedly on RangersMedia driving Rangers First down this route would be foolish in the long term. Does he now feel like he owes us an apology for pressing ahead with this so vigorously?

People that were there said he did or at least implied it. This is do with David Graham saying No Surrender to fans, yip that well known bigoted phrase.

He also implies David’s past behaviours cost him his job, when reality is David is looking after a sick family member. If I was David Graham I would be talking to lawyers about the way King has spoken about him publicly and C1872 for allowing itself to a be platform.

I maybe missed it, but what’s the beef between King and Dingwall?

What’s led to this?

Same with Marshall - weren’t you a big supporter of him until recently?

Has something happened to change that?

Dave King Q&A
Dear Contributor,
Club 1872
Switched it off when Fawkes called herself and the others directors and DK said Ross Wilson was good at his job.

Back