The fantasy of club1872 Members

This thread is a great example of why fans who don’t get involved in this crap, and btw that number far outweighs the usual suspects who do, get a bit lost when the club needs help of any kind

We get pulled in so many different directions it’s almost impossible to know what the right way is

I say again, the overwhelming number of fans can’t be arsed with this, it’s the same names that are fighting and bitching all the time

Some really need to grow up to be honest

It is a bit ironic that they've followed the exact same model set out by those running Rangers Football Club.

'Customers: pay up then shut up'.

That's the case with any product or service that is being run as a business.

Just because you buy a season book doesn't mean you get to have direct access to Board members at a minute's notice to complain about merchandising, the manager, player selection or ticket prices. If it bothers you that much, don't buy the products.

I've just watched part 1 of this and it's fascinating viewing. A couple of things stood out.

1) the relationship between King and Douglas Park is clearly infinitely worse than I thought. King goes after him very, very personally here. Not the voting against him soundbite in the paper, but a very personal attack on his integrity and his competence. King may very well be justified in doing so, who knows. But it's very incendiary.

2) he suggests that we (those who introduced resolutions to remove the incumbent board of C1872) were somehow tools of David Graham and the RIFC board. I can categorically say that it's utter bollocks.

Personally, I have never had any contact with anyone in any position of authority at club (with the exception of James Bisgrove and that's only because I emailed him a couple of times when I've been on the end of the shambolic and contemptuous customer service for Club 72 season ticket holders. My interactions with him have been solely on that subject, and he did act to sort out the both issues.). None of our criticisms of the Board of C1872 came from the club; they came from C1872's own pronouncements, Companies House filings and failures.
1) the relationship between King and Douglas Park is clearly infinitely worse than I thought. King goes after him very, very personally here. Not the voting against him soundbite in the paper, but a very personal attack on his integrity and his competence. King may very well be justified in doing so, who knows. But it's very incendiary.

This is my problem with King in a nutshell, this and his manipulation of the C1872 board to try and control the wider fan base. Considering his apparent talents as a business genius, nailing his colors to that particular organization was not that clever at all.

i wont defend the executive board as I’m far from happy with their stewardship of the club in recent months. The public and very personal attacks are not a good look and his choice of messamger (DR) is beyond contempt.
More importantly, all of the evidence would suggest that King is behaving true to form. His actions are largely driven by ego and a desire to serve his own meeds rather than the good of the club, in fact, I would argue his methods are very damaging to the club. As he tries and fails to rally te wider fan base behind him, raer than read he room and re think, his attacks become more vicious, public and personal against our Chairman.

I obviously don’t know but it would appear a lot of this stems from the executives boards decision to compete directly for our money with a club led share issue directly off the back of Kings attempt to use C1872 to recover his own investment. That for me was the start of Kings attacks on Park.

I also don’t like he way e rewrites history. He takes no personal responsibility for the 10’s of £M squandered through his personal mis management of our kit deals and his vain attempts to out maneuver he fat man. He also criticizes he board on a number of other mistakes that happened with him in charge, including the absolutely disgusting price fixing of club merchandise.

I have lost a lot of respect for the man. I have issues with the current board but we as a fan base don’t need Dave King sniping from the sidelines and dressing it up as some valiant attempt to save the club Mk2. It’s disingenuous, insulting and is damaging the club.

He is behaving very much like the jealous ex.

I stopped contributing to Club1872 years ago. I fully support the idea of ordinary Rangers supporters owning 25%+ of the club as a starting point - but not through this vehicle. The RST should have remained a stand alone entity imo.

I also do like King and find him a great listen. But he is where he is in business, having built a fortune in SA which means you have to have some cunning around you - which he certainly has so have to think about what he is saying. I am not a huge fan of Douglas Park.

The constant battles are killing my soul.

Never could quite see the point of 1872. Possibly to block a takeover which is not acceptable and is a reasonable aim. However the holding is the Directors to do with as they want so why would anybody wish to contribute to something in which thye have no say. I know I have said before I have been an investment banker in England for two years before coming back north and this type of club usually heads for disaster with very few exceptions.
At the age of 81 I may not be up to date in the financial world but still able to say I would not contribute to 1872 but hold shares in my name allowing me a vote and information.
I would be happy if the shares and cash in 1872 went to the club to be used for players or improvements to the stadium.
Maybe time to use the money going to 1872 for the leccy bill lol. or a night in the Ibrox restaurant which is good and benefits the club.

I'm quite pleased reading this that it seems mostly contained to this thread.

Was different years ago when it mattered, now though it really doesn't. Our club isn't circling the drain or hanging in the balance any more, this is just arrogant, self important yesterday's men clinging to a climate that's not there anymore for the vast majority.

That's the case with any product or service that is being run as a business.

Just because you buy a season book doesn't mean you get to have direct access to Board members at a minute's notice to complain about merchandising, the manager, player selection or ticket prices. If it bothers you that much, don't buy the products.

Who said about 'direct access to board members at a minute's notice' as if there's no inbetween?

A football club isn't a normal business as much as you clearly want to be a lickspittle.

Very disappointed how this has turned out for club 1872 though we had a supporters organisation we could all rally round,Seems as a support we are as fractured as ever we might not get another chance.

Very disappointed how this has turned out for club 1872 though we had a supporters organisation we could all rally round,Seems as a support we are as fractured as ever we might not get another chance.
These are a group of about half a dozen that changed rules to make it difficult to get on to oust them and to allow them to stay.

If that's not self serving, I don't know what is. The members have been hoodwinked not that they have very many any more.

Under proper governance that has a fit for purpose constitution that puts members in control and a trustworthy elected board of directors who are from the business world be in present or retired, it could in theory be salvaged and a decent organisation.

As it stands its as much use as the spivs were.

These are a group of about half a dozen that changed rules to make it difficult to get on to oust them and to allow them to stay.

If that's not self serving, I don't know what is. The members have been hoodwinked not that they have very many any more.

Under proper governance that has a fit for purpose constitution that puts members in control and a trustworthy elected board of directors who are from the business world be in present or retired, it could in theory be salvaged and a decent organisation.

Started with such promise,Got to be a warning about fan ownership.

They sound like the SFA.

I maybe missed it, but what’s the beef between King and Dingwall?

What’s led to this?

Same with Marshall - weren’t you a big supporter of him until recently?

Has something happened to change that?
There may be more to it than it, but have a watch of the video and the question around the 11:30 mark. I can't confirm the accuracy of the content of the question, but if true, then I'd envisage it would play a part.

This thread is a great example of why fans who don’t get involved in this crap, and btw that number far outweighs the usual suspects who do, get a bit lost when the club needs help of any kind

We get pulled in so many different directions it’s almost impossible to know what the right way is

I say again, the overwhelming number of fans can’t be arsed with this, it’s the same names that are fighting and bitching all the time

Some really need to grow up to be honest
I have to agree with this post.
As a Rangers supporter I find the C1872 stuff a bit surreal. It's as if a Civil War is brewing.
Apologies for my ignorance with all this lads.

Never could quite see the point of 1872. Possibly to block a takeover which is not acceptable and is a reasonable aim. However the holding is the Directors to do with as they want so why would anybody wish to contribute to something in which thye have no say. I know I have said before I have been an investment banker in England for two years before coming back north and this type of club usually heads for disaster with very few exceptions.
At the age of 81 I may not be up to date in the financial world but still able to say I would not contribute to 1872 but hold shares in my name allowing me a vote and information.
I would be happy if the shares and cash in 1872 went to the club to be used for players or improvements to the stadium.
Maybe time to use the money going to 1872 for the leccy bill lol. or a night in the Ibrox restaurant which is good and benefits the club.
This is part of the problem with the lack of leadership and communication from the incumbents. You don’t “see the point” that 25% would allow fans to block a special resolution put forward by new majority shareholders to, for example, sell Ibrox or change the Articles. There is no guarantee that thousands of individual shareholders would all vote, and in any event as individuals have no “clout”.

Whether you like or dislike the current PLC board, I’ve not seen anyone suggest that they can’t be trusted to try to do the right thing for the Club or that they aren’t fans themselves. But that doesn’t mean major shareholders in the future will be of the same mindset. The 25% fan ownership doesn’t mean everyday fans running the Club, but it would provide an enormous legal protective layer around the Club.

This is part of the problem with the lack of leadership and communication from the incumbents. You don’t “see the point” that 25% would allow fans to block a special resolution put forward by new majority shareholders to, for example, sell Ibrox or change the Articles. There is no guarantee that thousands of individual shareholders would all vote, and in any event as individuals have no “clout”.

Whether you like or dislike the current PLC board, I’ve not seen anyone suggest that they can’t be trusted to try to do the right thing for the Club or that they aren’t fans themselves. But that doesn’t mean major shareholders in the future will be of the same mindset. The 25% fan ownership doesn’t mean everyday fans running the Club, but it would provide an enormous legal protective layer around the

I agree with most of that but the fans as such have no say in what 1872 do with the shareholding. There could be a legal challenge regarding the constitution which as I am not a member do not know the contents. Subscribers to 1872 do not own shares and have no voice other than advising 1872 of a choice.
Only the owners of shares can have a say in the club and I presume that is the directors of 1872 who I presume act for the benefit of the club.
Should the current board sell their shares it is likely that a buyer will then have control of the club by also buying out some other major shareholders (Mr KIng may be happy to sell to such a buyer)
While the results on the park might not be what we desire that should not be confused with the business side of the club which is now stable and in the hands of people who will have the best interest of the club at heart.
We should be careful what some wish for by removing the current board who will ensure that Rangers will continue as a going concern.
Mistakes have been made of that I have no doubt but there is a minority who will only support if the team on the park wins but thankfully the core support will always be there no matter what and they are the life blood of Rangers.

Doesn't much of the current donations go to paying Mr Houston?
I would guess at least a months contributions will pay his annual salary.
IMO a waste of money, get rid of Joanne and Laura from the board and they have a chance.

Surely DK knows they are toxic.

If i was a member , i would want to know when the 2 females intend leave .

A sad indictment of why dreams of fan involvement will never work for us.
Started with much promise and then descends into the usual end game.

If anyone from Club1872 is on. Maybe next time have the clowns working the cameras zoom in on King (at all times) when he’s speaking. Who the fk wants to watch a panned out view of the room when it’s already hard to hear him and there’s no closed captions. Cheers.

People that were there said he did or at least implied it. This is do with David Graham saying No Surrender to fans, yip that well known bigoted phrase.

He also implies David’s past behaviours cost him his job, when reality is David is looking after a sick family member. If I was David Graham I would be talking to lawyers about the way King has spoken about him publicly and C1872 for allowing itself to a be platform.
It was curious comment to make

The timing with Barry scott leaving as well was a little odd.

If it true is a sick family member then best of wishes things work out

but cynical me would say that line has been used thousands of times by businesses when an employee is removed

I suppose the proof in the losing would be if dg does do anything about it.

If it true is a sick family member then best of wishes things work out

but cynical me would say that line has been used thousands of times by businesses when an employee is removed
That info didn’t come from the club, but from people who know David Graham personally (e.g. David Edgar)

Back