The farce that is VAR

If it's a red for Fred it should have been for Paredes as well. He instigates the issue by pushing his head down into Fred's initially.

Ref got it wrong, it's a red. Can probably debate all day if something like that SHOULD be (I don't think so) but it's a red in today's game.

As an aside the player going down should've been booked as well, along with that cheating bastard Neymar. A horrible horrible little arsehole of a player. Folk go on about diving but, I've said for a while that feigning injury is a FAR bigger problem today. I know it's a tricky one for the refs (how can you tell what someone is 'feeling' after all) but, that one last night was so obvious. At the very least VAR should be looking at these and retrospective punishments dished out. They do it for diving, so why not this?

Var ruins it as far as i can see it was evident when the crowds were in for last seasons epl games and a last minute goal was scored the celebrations were definitely more muted as they didn't know whether it would stand or not

99% of the time Fred walks. Its not VARs fault how the ref interprets the situation

the thing that strikes me is the referee was getting instructions in his ear piece the whole time as he made his way over and back from the monitor. He never even watched the incident, he went over to the screen glanced at it and turned away without watching what had happened.

it was obvious it was an incident VAR had to be involved in but it was as if he was told don’t send him off you will ruin the game.

I would describe it as the Farce of referees rather than VAR.
As suggested before I would like to to see it changed to each team being allowed to challenge any decision on a max of 3 occasions in the match. If you have used the 3 of them and a decision goes against you that is wrong then too bad. It should stop teams claiming for every decision going.

In the Manchester Utd game Fred clearly pushes his head into the face of the PSG, not quite a full on head butt though a deliberate act with a little force.

All commentators and studio ref reckon he is off. Real ref obviously got told go have a look but don’t send him off. Ref runs over glances at screen don’t even think he watched the whole incident then goes over and gives Fred a yellow card.

No point having it if this is the kind of decisions they are giving.
Watched the game and thought the referee was very pro man unt. Fred stamped on one of PSG players foot and booking went to PSG player. mctomminy fouled pulled ,pushed and stamped on Neymar and got away with it all night. If referees can make decisions like that on a head butt,I fear to think what the real cheating refs up here would let go even with VAR. Coudn't trust any of them

Back