The '19th Century Terrorist' irony not lost on me

Earl of Leven

Official Ticketer
TBB and 'Super Rangers' vanished for years (didn't stop FARE though) and no-one really minded, TBB was really rousing, and loud, but I hate 'no mean city' pish and the razor gangs, and so maybe it was best to say goodbye. Not singing about Billy Fullerton is probably not a bad thing.

However, ironically, our enemies across the city continued to pollute the atmosphere. Vile chants, banners, songs, and displays. Nothing was done. No punishment. 15 fines from UEFA.....yet nothing.

Our response? "Well it's died down, no-one cares now....clearly it's open season, sing what we want".

The sectarian / terrorist filth from them actually brought back the 'F word' in our support....only for us to find that people do care now, but only in certain circumstances.

Instead of banning the song years ago we should have said we no longer sing 19th Century Terrorist it’s Celtic beggars paedos blood etc.

Was sick of saying it change that one word to Celtic and hey presto fare or anyone else couldn’t touch and the bheasts would hate it 100xs more.

Instead of card display a one of flyer drop explaining the change cause if we dont we’re gonna get a fucking stand shut.

But you got the usual replies like we’ll sing what we want bla bla

Will we aye???

Instead of banning the song years ago we should have said we no longer sing 19th Century Terrorist it’s Celtic beggars paedos blood etc.
I had thought about and started to formulate a plan in place to see if we could get TBB back. In an acceptable form.

But sitting there on a match day it became clear that if we were allowed to sing a sanitised version, many wouldn’t and it would be near impossible to take off the way it would need to.

We are now past the point and a ban of certain words, phrases and songs is the only way to stop it

TBB and 'Super Rangers' vanished for years (didn't stop FARE though) and no-one really minded, TBB was really rousing, and loud, but I hate 'no mean city' pish and the razor gangs, and so maybe it was best to say goodbye.

It didn't vanish m8, maybe at the stadium, aye, but not in pubs or clubs or supporters clubs. It was only a matter of time before it came back. My surprise wasn't that it came back but, how long it took to return.
Change of offending words is the simplest solution.

I had thought about and started to formulate a plan in place to see if we could get TBB back. In an acceptable form.

But sitting there on a match day it became clear that if we were allowed to sing a sanitised version, many wouldn’t and it would be near impossible to take off the way it would need to.

We are now past the point and a ban of certain words, phrases and songs is the only way to stop it

Yeah, there's plenty of sanitised versions cutting about but I think we all know for a fact it won't catch on.

Club 1872 should enter dialog with the club, UEFA and FARE, get a definitive list of songs/words that will see us punished, then reach a consensus with fans (UB07) on how to reword offending songs and then take this back to UEFA and FARE to inform them of word change and then make a very public statement saying what the new lyrics are to be.

It's either that or we'll need to lose the songs for good.

The FTP/Bobby Sands add ons don't bring anything in terms of atmosphere in my opinion and I'd gladly lose them. TBB and Super Rangers on the other hand really do improve the atmosphere and I hope that we can reword them to keep them but can't see it happening.

Just blanket replace 19th Century Terrorist with Peados, it would annoy them more.

Last edited:
I think it is now too late to get the bigots and haters who rule Scotland / Scottish football / UEFA to accept that the word 19th Century Terrorist is not synonymous with Catholic. To fight on their terms is giving them too many open goals.
For what it's worth, I have had friends, relatives and neighbours murdered by 19th Century Terrorists. My parents were burnt out of their home by 19th Century Terrorists. 19th Century Terrorists have tried to murder me. I detest 19th Century Terrorists and all they stand for. But I do not hate or detest Catholics. I have many Catholic friends and I hold them in the highest regard. They are not 19th Century Terrorists. So when I I say I am anti-19th Century Terrorist, I challenge any law maker in Scotland or Northern Ireland to charge me.
However, the enemy are writing the rules. Do not play into their hands. Drop the words 19th Century Terrorist and FTP altogether from our songs (I would like UVF, UDA, Bobby Sands etc. dropped as well).
Sing positive Loyalist / Protestant songs, yet at the same time mount a major campaign against FARE and the bigots. We must demand equal treatment but using our heads at the same time, so I appeal to all our support, consign all references to 19th Century Terrorists to the bin. It is where they belong.

Yip

TBB has been an anthem of our support for generations now.

Not because the majority want to be up to our knees in 19th Century Terrorist blood but because it's a rousing anthem when sung loud and proud can be as intimidating as any song I've ever heard at a football ground.

It's why it won't go away and keeps rearing it's head from time to time, especially when we sing in defiance.

There needs to be a campaign to change the words as no one actually takes the song literally but people like to make out that we do.

Club 1872 should enter dialog with the club, UEFA and FARE, get a definitive list of songs/words that will see us punished, then reach a consensus with fans (UB07) on how to reword offending songs and then take this back to UEFA and FARE to inform them of word change and then make a very public statement saying what the new lyrics are to be.

It's either that or we'll need to lose the songs for good.

The FTP/Bobby Sands add ons don't bring anything in terms of atmosphere in my opinion and I'd gladly lose them. TBB and Super Rangers on the other hand really do improve the atmosphere and I hope that we can reword them to keep them but can't see it happening.

Just blanket replace 19th Century Terrorist with Peados, it would annoy them more.

This doesnt wash by the way. Black guys call each other ****** all the time, doesnt mean you can say it
See this reference it is totally wrong as the blacks never called themselves ******s it was always a derogatory term by whites.
The blacks then took control of the word I guess to dilute its power from tge whites.
19th Century Terrorists on the other hand have always called themselves this from day one and the founder was I believe a protestant!

Punish it all or not at all. UEFA are getting themselves into territory they know nothing about - there are no rational solutions to be gained from them.
They don’t care. They are arrogant, corrupt and operate like an old boys’ network. It’s all about looking after your mates and sadly the paedophile harbourers are their mates. The disgraceful behaviour they have consistently displayed over many years and their flagrant sectarianism makes it truly unbelievable that they have escaped with only minor fines. This is totally unacceptable and we should be going for the throat. Our board seem to be scared of upsetting Celtc. They hate us, we should go to town. There is so much mileage that we have but would rather just roll over and get pumped. The support deserve better.

Why not log into the Fare fb page and upload consists pictures of displays and effigies carried out by others. They state they will only investigate matches that are classed as red risk and that requires continuous reporting of behaviour to have them look at others?

TBB and 'Super Rangers' vanished for years (didn't stop FARE though) and no-one really minded, TBB was really rousing, and loud, but I hate 'no mean city' pish and the razor gangs, and so maybe it was best to say goodbye. Not singing about Billy Fullerton is probably not a bad thing.

However, ironically, our enemies across the city continued to pollute the atmosphere. Vile chants, banners, songs, and displays. Nothing was done. No punishment. 15 fines from UEFA.....yet nothing.

Our response? "Well it's died down, no-one cares now....clearly it's open season, sing what we want".

The sectarian / terrorist filth from them actually brought back the 'F word' in our support....only for us to find that people do care now, but only in certain circumstances.

Whilst African players week in week out in predominantly RC countries are Racially abused with a variety of offended chants ranging from Monkey ones etc etc.

It's stitch up by that b@stard Liewell. As much as we have Moon Howlers in our support.

Was talking to my Old man about it earlier and he says watch this space and mentioned our socks. He reckons they'll be deemed sectarian too. I laughed. But maybe he's talking some sense. Nothing is beyond these c*nts.

As I've said on another post. This country is heading for a Civil War between this and the way the Scottish Nationalist's are being whipped up into a Frenzy as well.

I tried making threads about changing the lyrics to avoid getting in trouble a few months ago, threads constantly got removed.

About time someone punished took it to the highest court in the land to show the word 19th Century Terrorist is not sectarian.
It isn't sectarian in the slightest and you can happily walk along the street and call anyone you like a 19th Century Terrorist or an orange, It's in how the context of the word is used, add on a sweary word after it and it becomes offensive and risk being arrested.

The word 19th Century Terrorist has been hijacked by the i'm offended mob like Haggery,Findlay and others and people like them should really know what a 19th Century Terrorist is and what it means, Instead they pretend that it's a word that means catholic and people like those above really should know better given what they claim to fight against.

Punish it all or not at all. UEFA are getting themselves into territory they know nothing about - there are no rational solutions to be gained from them.
They still dont care. They hold all the aces and we can do nothing at all about it. Except change.

And how long before they become as offensive as the Famine Song? They're already complaining about Glasgow Celtic Paeadophiles

Paeadophiles isn't racist or sectarian so if they're complaining it must be getting to them, all the more reason to sing it louder.

It isn't sectarian in the slightest and you can happily walk along the street and call anyone you like a 19th Century Terrorist or an orange, It's in how the context of the word is used, add on a sweary word after it and it becomes offensive and risk being arrested.

The word 19th Century Terrorist has been hijacked by the i'm offended mob like Haggery,Findlay and others and people like them should really know what a 19th Century Terrorist is and what it means, Instead they pretend that it's a word that means catholic and people like those above really should know better given what they claim to fight against.
Totally agree. Then why are uefa listening to the parasites that are blackening our name and not others who are equally as bad if. Ot worse. Why should we put up with it? We need direction from the club. Ok saying not to sing songs but some will and we need plan in place to combat that.

Paeadophiles isn't racist or sectarian so if they're complaining it must be getting to them, all the more reason to sing it louder.
You will soon find out that (Fare) will take appropriate action on anybody singing about peodofiles at football matches ......

Those who still think we should be allowed to use the word 19th Century Terrorist or any other word defining their religious or cultural status...Should ask themselves this;

Why are you going to a football match to sing about religion, ethnicity etc? It’s a football match not a political/religious rally, anyway why are we singing about that shower of scum on glorious European nights where they aren’t even involved?

The politics of Northern Ireland should not be baggage that our club should somehow be forced to carry to its utter disadvantage. Like Jim Jeffries said to Americans in regard to their fascination with guns ‘don’t take my gun away because I like guns’. Sadly bigotry is ingrained into a section of our support and they revel in it.

I hear it every other Sunday, in full flow at away games and I cringe, our great club reduced to a vehicle for politico/religious bile which has %^*& all to do with football or indeed our club. I couldn’t give a rats arse what the Celtc scum sing, because they and their club are a nasty sub species who don’t know any better, pandered to by virtue of a combination of namby pamby liberalism and societally inflicted cultural imperialism.

To know you are in a war of attrition in which you are set up to lose by shooting your self in the foot and continually shooting your self in the foot is the very definition of insanity. Rangers should not be damaged by anyone’s political or religious views as we are a club open to all including those some chose to disparage in their selfish songs.

I think it is now too late to get the bigots and haters who rule Scotland / Scottish football / UEFA to accept that the word 19th Century Terrorist is not synonymous with Catholic. To fight on their terms is giving them too many open goals.
For what it's worth, I have had friends, relatives and neighbours murdered by 19th Century Terrorists. My parents were burnt out of their home by 19th Century Terrorists. 19th Century Terrorists have tried to murder me. I detest 19th Century Terrorists and all they stand for. But I do not hate or detest Catholics. I have many Catholic friends and I hold them in the highest regard. They are not 19th Century Terrorists. So when I I say I am anti-19th Century Terrorist, I challenge any law maker in Scotland or Northern Ireland to charge me.
However, the enemy are writing the rules. Do not play into their hands. Drop the words 19th Century Terrorist and FTP altogether from our songs (I would like UVF, UDA, Bobby Sands etc. dropped as well).
Sing positive Loyalist / Protestant songs, yet at the same time mount a major campaign against FARE and the bigots. We must demand equal treatment but using our heads at the same time, so I appeal to all our support, consign all references to 19th Century Terrorists to the bin. It is where they belong.
Well said mate someone like you should somehow be involved in trying to explain this to the organisations who don’t get exactly what a 19th Century Terrorist is,but we still need to cut it out, like someone else said this has made me feel a bit down, was really looking forward to this season, now I’m not sure we will ever get a level playing field.

So the Gangrene brigade can announce the're 19th Century Terrorists but we cant collaborate that without punishment?!

I think it could be changed.
Changing it to The Rangers Boys, changes the whole song . Also taking out the " we're up to our knees " part altogether would mean the word 19th Century Terrorist wouldn't be sung by mistake .
I would also take out the "surrender or you'll die " bit too.
Change the whole song to a new Rangers song

Changing it to The Rangers Boys, changes the whole song . Also taking out the " we're up to our knees " part altogether would mean the word 19th Century Terrorist wouldn't be sung by mistake .
I have some alternatives. I’m sure we all could come up with them. But, imo, we are too far down the line now

Regardless of why it gets sung it can surely be no surprise that we get singled out for punishment. Any bear that doesn't realise this must have their head firmly planted in the sand. The offended have infiltrated each and every organisation that can inflict harm on our club. The fight over songs and terminology has been lost and those that will not accept this risk inflicting real damage to our finances and competitiveness. There are better ways to confront our enemies that do not aid their agenda to undermine Rangers. Time to focus on those.

The groundwork has already been done - it's been offending the victims apparently

And the msm will still call it a banned song

So the Gangrene brigade can announce the're 19th Century Terrorists but we cant collaborate that without punishment?!

I find it ironic that you are on bashing me on my thread about not understanding what behaviour is acceptable at Ibrox, but here you are wanting a 19th Century Terrorist banner at Ibrox. Hypocrite.

I have some alternatives. I’m sure we all could come up with them. But, imo, we are too far down the line now

I've been all for a formal change of lyrics for years.

Rather than being "too far down the line", i actually think it's the perfect time to capitalise on what must now be a general acceptance within our support of the need to do something: either lose it or change it. I'm sure we'll go for the latter.

but here you are wanting a 19th Century Terrorist banner at Ibrox. Hypocrite.
I want a banner?! you still spaced from last night mate lol No, read again, my point was they can announce they are 19th Century Terrorists by banner but we can't back that up by calling them that word associate with 19th Century Terrorists...wanting their banner lol:))

I want a banner?! you still spaced from last night mate lol No, read again, my point was they can announce they are 19th Century Terrorists by banner but we can't back that up by calling them that word associate with 19th Century Terrorists...wanting their banner lol:))

Haha, no what I’m saying mate. You are giving it both barrels on the other thread... about supporters not understanding what songs and words we should not sing at Ibrox. But you asking on this thread why we can’t use the word 19th Century Terrorist... it’s because the club have communicated stating they do not welcome it. Just like you highlighted. It’s banned.

So take a leaf out your own book bud. Don’t be a hypocrite and stick to what you believe and be true to yourself.

Follow with pride haha

Back