The first team to qualify for the Champions League.

Uddingston_Bear

Rangers are the first team in Europe's 55 Leagues to qualify for next season's 2020–21 Champions League (in either first or second place in the Scottish Premiership).
Considering some leagues have 4 Champions League spots and some leagues play fewer games than ours this is quite an achievement for February.

Note: This doesn't include the 12 summer leagues which were completed in 2020.

Rangers are the first team in Europe's 55 Leagues to qualify for next season's 2020–21 Champions League (in either first or second place in the Scottish Premiership).
Considering some leagues have 4 Champions League spots and some leagues play fewer games than ours this is quite an achievement for February.

55 leagues you say!

Not bad for a rookie manager
Yep. One that despite improving us beyond recognition some wanted rid of only one year ago. Unbelievable how far we have come in his time with us. The board, his staff and Gerrard himself have stepped up and done us proud. None more so than mr King, who’s contribution should never be forgotten btw

Dont want to burst the bubble but wouldnt Russia leagues finish first.

EDIT: Ill retreat like the Argies in 82.

We've not qualified for champions league yet. Need to get that out our mindset. Alot of work to be done in summer to ensure we get through the qualifiers. Depending on the draw aswel. Most exciting times ahead just don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves.

We've not qualified for champions league yet. Need to get that out our mindset. Alot of work to be done in summer to ensure we get through the qualifiers. Depending on the draw aswel. Most exciting times ahead just don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves.
We have. 2 places and Hibs and Aberdeen can't mathematically catch us.

It means guaranteed to finish the league season in a champions league place

Thought it was Man United after the English press crowned them winners of the europa league last week.

Believe Ukraine are nation above Scotland. Is that right?

Therefore to overhaul them Rangers have to be in Europe after Shakatak Donuts, a team of much dead-miner applause fame, are papped out.

They won 1st leg by 2-0, over in Asia, versus Asian opposition, from an Asian league attached to UEFA to avoid immediate death upon arrival at El Al Arab Airport.

How many qualifying rounds will we have to negotiate if/when we win the leegue?

If this years winners qualify via their domestic league then it helps us doesn’t it?

Therefore to overhaul them Rangers have to be in Europe after Shakatak Donuts, a team of much dead-miner applause fame, are papped out.

They won 1st leg by 2-0, over in Asia, versus Asian opposition, from an Asian league attached to UEFA to avoid immediate death upon arrival at El Al Arab Airport.
Scotland are slightly ahead of Ukraine who look like they have a team that may go out and one that will definitely go through. It’s up to us to basically match Shakhtar’s results as a win for a a Scottish team counts as 0.5 compared to 0.4 for Ukraine.

Scotland are slightly ahead of Ukraine who look like they have a team that may go out and one that will definitely go through. It’s up to us to basically match Shakhtar’s results as a win for a a Scottish team counts as 0.5 compared to 0.4 for Ukraine.
0.5 for us and 0.4 for them?

Sounds fair enough to me.

I mean, we're just Scotland. Not fair Russia having two countries in it.

(In all seriousness, something I rarely do, thanks for that info.)

How many qualifying rounds will we have to negotiate if/when we win the leegue?

If this years winners qualify via their domestic league then it helps us doesn’t it?
2 rounds. We will be favourites to qualify.

And no the CL winner qualifying via their domestic league has no impact on us. Either way we will be entered in the third qualifying round.

Results this season have no bearing on us next season. We will be entered into the third qualifying round of the UCL next season.
It is the season after that, that results from this season take effect.

2 rounds. We will be favourites to qualify.

And no the CL winner qualifying via their domestic league has no impact on us. Either way we will be entered in the third qualifying round.
We won't be favourites to qualify. We could easily draw Salzburg in the playoff round and would rightly be underdogs.

We won't be favourites to qualify. We could easily draw Salzburg in the playoff round and would rightly be underdogs.
We haven't drawn Salzburg though and the chances are we won't. That's why we will be favourites to qualify in my opinion. The Austrian champions are the only side that would be favourites against us. The next highest ranked teams like the Danish, Czech, Cypriot or Swiss champions we would be fancied against given our European results.

We haven't drawn Salzburg though and the chances are we won't. That's why we will be favourites to qualify in my opinion. The Austrian champions are the only side that would be favourites against us. The next highest ranked teams like the Danish, Czech, Cypriot or Swiss champions we would be fancied against given our European results.
It will be difficult IMO. We may have a 1 in 2 chance of drawing Salzburg or Olympiakos.

And while I agree that our coefficient is artificially low compared to how well we've done recently in Europe, as it stands we would be the second lowest ranked out of the 8 sides in the playoff draw.

We can definitely do it, but I make us underdogs.

It will be difficult IMO. We may have a 1 in 2 chance of drawing Salzburg or Olympiakos.

And while I agree that our coefficient is artificially low compared to how well we've done recently in Europe, as it stands we would be the second lowest ranked out of the 8 sides in the playoff draw.

We can definitely do it, but I make us underdogs.
We beat Galatasaray and tougher opposition we would be favourites against Olympiacos.

Back