The flags are up in George Sq

Jesus, what an attitude, Listen, that obviously has not been correctly RISK ASSESSED. There's alcohol involved, therefore there will always be , as you say , an idiot , who will climb , then others will follow , this has a very nasty outcome written all over it .

Acting is if they weren't young and daft at some point.

Gollum was just on bbc shortbread banging on about rangers statement , it got to a bit I wanted to hear where he mentioned rangers asking why other gatherings hadn’t been mentioned by the SNP like Palestine March etc but I missed it as the wee one grabbed the remote and put vamparina back on :oops::(

There is double of row of herras fencing around it with a gap between both sets

There is work been done on the base of the statue as saw workmen working on it at 4pm when passed by George Square

The question needs to be asked why didn’t the council and the club knock their heads together and arrange something at Glasgow green and direct all bears there . Would have meant less disruption for everyone , safer , big screens up etc bears could have a good time and everyone’s happy . Instead we have what is increasingly looking like a bear trap laid by our detractors and accidents waiting to happen .
Because its not the clubs responsibility.
I'll bet it will be surrounded by police vans and police so noone will get near it

It is a magnet for exuberant young men

Exactly this, if there is any common sense at all they should have a scaffold gang there tomorrow for half a day striking that, i assume it will be quite simple to find who instructed the erection of the scaffold and for what works,
It’s a fanny magnet.

I was more surprised at the folk who could keep their balance on that statue, whilst belting out the songs.

I was standing at the bottom, jealous. And feeling my age.

I see from the George Square webcam that the benches are still in place. You would think that after what happened before, they'd have them moved out?

Nah they'll probably leave them there so they can have faux outrage when the inevitable happens and a couple get accidently damaged amongst the exuberance.

Flags aren't there right now (about half eight in the evening - same side as OP)
E0aIQ8y.jpg

What happened in Polloksheilds today just made a heavy police presence at Ibrox and George Square on Saturday neigh on impossible.

This lot of muppets in Scottish government really score OGs better than Shane Duffy.

It's symbolism. All about taking over the city. Same reason Inter fans went to the Duomo and when Roma won the league back in the day they all went to Trevi Fountain, France fans going to Arch di Triomphe etc.
I was on holiday in Rome at the time. Maybe some Roma fans were at Trevi Fountain although it would not have been many as there is not much room there. They did have a massive celebration at Circus Maximus though where there was estimated to be 200k people.

I disagree. It's been known for weeks that George Square would 'be busy' this weekend. Who decided that this week was the time to erect that scaffold? Could work be delayed to next week? Could it have been completed last week? If its emergency work that merits immediate attention there may be a case but, whilst I don't know that, I'd suggest its highly unlikely. Will the Police have highlighted to GCC that this is a danger? You betcha they will have.

This, for me, is planned work. And its been planned to be undertaken at the worst possible time. That's not accidental in my view.

The herras fencing isn't going to stop anybody. Once the fencing is breached there will be dozens, if not hundreds, up there. Thereafter one of two things happens, there's an accident or there's Police action. Neither is very appealing.

Getting set up for failure........stay safe bears. Play with the heid, but with the bevy , who knows.

Last edited:
If it looks like a trap, smells like a trap then it’s most definitely a trap :rolleyes:

Statues/Cenotaph/grass areas not cordoned off - check
Climbing frame installed - check
Benches left in situ - check
Weak warnings not to go from all & sundry - check.

They’re setting us up to fail and nobody will mention this when the headlines are written.

If it looks like a trap, smells like a trap then it’s most definitely a trap :rolleyes:

They’re setting us up to fail and nobody will mention this when the headlines are written.

I was in George Sq this morning, 2 guys were on the scaffolding cleaning the monument with a pressure washer and chemicals

This could have easily been started on Monday :(

Correct, and the headlines have already been written

This should be made a sticky

It’s an obvious trap and I’ve been saying it for weeks . SNP and bbc shortbread are licking their lips in anticipation of images of cops wading into big bad rangers gatherers .

Back