The Fourth Paragraph On Dave Kings Statement

Twosignals

For those who have received there ST Renewal, I quote one part, “Conducting ourselves with dignity is a part of who we are and it’s up to us to set standards”. Yes he says about conducting discussions, and won’t let our name be besmirched. I’ve been a staunch supporter of the Board, however I’m pissed off with the amount of turning the cheek, if the media don’t want to play ball with us ban all press conferences, as they’ll make up fake news anyway.

For those who have received there ST Renewal, I quote one part, “Conducting ourselves with dignity is a part of who we are and it’s up to us to set standards”. Yes he says about conducting discussions, and won’t let our name be besmirched. I’ve been a staunch supporter of the Board, however I’m pissed off with the amount of turning the cheek, if the media don’t want to play ball with us ban all press conferences, as they’ll make up fake news anyway.
Everyone is scunnered with the establishment stich-up. While Liewell's puppets control the media, the football authorities - it sometimes feels like even the judiciary too - we'd be well advised to make some friends inside the game, rather than stand alone. But I agree, it's sore for now.

King stated he prefers to handle issues out of the press

Our Club often comes under unfair attack and we are relentless in working hard behind the scenes, and up front when necessary, to make sure we are given the respect our Club and our massive support deserves. But we will not engage in unseemly debates through the media.
Conducting ourselves with dignity is a part of who we are and it is up to us to set standards. However, in doing this, we will not allow ourselves to be treated differently or held to a different set of rules.

The paragraph states that they will deal with things, but not get into nonsense in the press. That's not turning the other cheek.

The paragraph states that they will deal with things, but not get into nonsense in the press. That's not turning the other cheek.
It is if its just empty words. Until things change that's all it has been on this front.

What is wrong with what he said?

I don't believe he is talking about turning the other cheek. I think he is talking about not getting involved in fights in full glare of the public thus giving the media further oxygen to write more Rangers related stories and no doubt twist to suit themselves.

He is stating the obvious. We need to set the standard for behaviour of fans. Not follow others agenda. The agenda will only change if we change it. Waiting for some mythical level playing field to appear is unicorn stuff.

We need to accept the world we live in and shape it. No use Miami g all the time. If something is wrong it doesn’t matter who does it it is wrong.

We start living by the standards we want to see then we can shape the agenda. Instead of following our enemies agenda.

Last edited:
What is wrong with what he said?

I don't believe he is talking about turning the other cheek. I think he is talking about not getting involved in fights in full glare of the public thus giving the media further oxygen to write more Rangers related stories and no doubt twist to suit themselves.
Exactly if we as fans still complain to BBC catholica,any other press or media or snatzi politicians etc and keep the complaints up, I believe Dave king will fight our cause,but legally and also not give more ammo for the mhedia who as we know( and have even seen this morning)will spin it into big bad rangers,so hard but a wee bit more patience bears please?

Failing to challenge some of the stuff the media comes out with only serves to further damage our reputation. And it's spreading from Scotland to the rest of the UK, and will end up global.

Wake the %^*& up and defend our club

Big bad Rangers , don't make me laugh Murray , Whyte , Green , Ahmed and many others went about their business with impunity , we have shown remarkable restraint , which we should all be very proud of unlike other supports who are fond of chibbing each other

Im sorry but it is the way it has been since Minty was running us it's all very well to imply behind the scenes we are dealing with things but the way the scum jumped on talksport for allowing a caller to say things about them is the way we should be.

He is stating the obvious. We need to set the standard for behaviour of fans. Not follow others agenda. The agenda will only change if we change it. Waiting for some mythical level playing field to appear is unicorn stuff.

We need to accept the world we live in and shape it. No use Miami g all the time. If something is wrong it doesn’t matter who does it it is wrong.

We start living by the standards we want to see then we can shape the agenda. Instead of following our enemies agenda.

Sorry what age are you living in, for years I myself have worked within the rules of life. However we are living in the twenty first century where the louder you shout the more your heard, the good old days of trying to educate the majority of the public seem to be dying. I’ve supported this Club since John Lawrence days, and we have never been good at taking on the bullies.

You really think this problem just started this morning?
You said its empty words, how do you know? He said it will be dealt with outwith the media. Are you expecting to wake up one day and everything will be perfect?

Any reason to get a boot in with some folk on here.

You said its empty words, how do you know? He said it will be dealt with outwith the media. Are you expecting to wake up one day and everything will be perfect?

Any reason to get a boot in with some folk on here.
I'm saying it has been going on for years and getting seriously worse by the minute.

The only way to deal with journalists or others who tell provable lies about our club is to sue them for damaging our club brand. Don't go after their newspaper or radio station, but hit them personally and directly in their own pocket. The first one to be made bankrupt will be the lesson learnt for the rest of them.

Hopefully he is as good as his word and things are seen to change for the better next season. That will be when the extent to which the 'work going on behind the scenes' will be seen to have been effective (or not).

But we need to see tangible evidence that what the board is spouting is true.

Until then, we are turning the other cheek.

The double standards from Walker within days of the Killie v filth game and then us v Killie on Sky should have seen us highlighting the bare faced lies and hypocrisy.

How would it have been 'nonsense' to approach and rebuke Sky in public for the double standards of one of their main Scottish reporters?

It would seem you're now latching onto King's words as a comfort blanket.

Unfortunately there is no real evidence that the club are making any inroads readdressing the entrenched bias we face so it’s somewhat understandable that a frustrated support will simply conclude this is just yet more dignified silence.

But we need to see tangible evidence that what the board is spouting is true.

Until then, we are turning the other cheek.

The double standards from Walker within days of the Killie v filth game and then us v Killie on Sky should have seen us highlighting the bare faced lies and hypocrisy.

How would it have been 'nonsense' to approach and rebuke Sky in public for the double standards of one of their main Scottish reporters?

It would seem you're now latching onto King's words as a comfort blanket.

FFS, come one man....:rolleyes: how does it?

I sincerely doubt the club/Dave King will come out and say "Andy Walker said one thing and now he's said another..."

Unfortunately there is no real evidence that the club are making any inroads readdressing the entrenched bias we face so it’s somewhat understandable that a frustrated support will simply conclude this is just yet more dignified silence.

I acknowledge that, however nobody can say for sure what is/is not going on behind the scenes.

Folk would love a scatter gun approach from the club on every subject they feel there's a grievance to be had, and it's doubtful that will every happen.

There is a reason you never hear about Desmond in the media, not good news or bad. Radio silence. The reclusive billionaire. Answers to no one..

King stated he prefers to handle issues out of the press

Our Club often comes under unfair attack and we are relentless in working hard behind the scenes, and up front when necessary, to make sure we are given the respect our Club and our massive support deserves. But we will not engage in unseemly debates through the media.
Conducting ourselves with dignity is a part of who we are and it is up to us to set standards. However, in doing this, we will not allow ourselves to be treated differently or held to a different set of rules.
Any chance please you could post the whole statement from King?

Any chance please you could post the whole statement from King?
DAVE KING LETTER
I begin by again offering my most sincere thanks to each and every Rangers supporter for the continued commitment and understanding that you have shown throughout the recent rebuilding of our Club.
It was never going to be easy and it is extremely gratifying to have witnessed the progress that has been made over the last year. We are now within tangible reach of Rangers becoming the dominant force in Scottish football again.
Much of the progress on the pitch can be attributed to Mark Allen, Steven Gerrard and their respective management teams. Turning to a young manager was a risk but it was one that Mark and the Board felt we should take because of Steven Gerrard’s football pedigree.
Steven’s passion, professionalism and winning mentality has been inculcated throughout the football activities at all levels and we have seen strong benefits from this. Of significance was our first, strong European campaign for many years.
The team was heroic at times in battling through four very tough qualifiers and went on to narrowly miss making the knock-out stages. However, the inconsistency that inevitably comes with another new management team and a new group of players was also evident. We saw periods where we were rightly regarded as title contenders, followed by periods of varying quality.
However, despite these periods of inconsistency it is clear that the playing squad is significantly stronger than in recent seasons and, importantly for future transfer activity, the overall value of the squad has greatly increased.
This is a tribute to the work that Mark, Steven and their management teams have done to improve the process behind player recruitment and their overhaul of the training methods and the general wellbeing of the football squad at all levels and age groups. The team requires a further upgrade and the Board will continue to back Mark and Steven, who fully understand that Rangers must win titles and cups and plans are already in place for recruitment in the summer window.
Rangers has always been a leader on and off the pitch. Apart from the aim of amassing titles and trophies, being part of Rangers as a fan, player, manager or director means we conduct ourselves in a specific manner. Our Club often comes under unfair attack and we are relentless in working hard behind the scenes, and up front when necessary, to make sure we are given the respect our Club and our massive support deserves. But we will not engage in unseemly debates through the media.
The institution that is Rangers Football Club is special and has a unique place in football history as having won – by quite some distance – more trophies than any other club in the world. We must now start adding to this record but can only achieve this by remaining together and being stronger in our unity than other clubs.
This season, a record number of season tickets were sold and it would be remarkable if we could again hit that number as we lay the foundations for what we hope will be the season which sees Rangers triumphant again. Your Board is committed to providing further funding and we are also asking for supporters’ help through renewing season tickets, which will increase in cost by only 5%. We feel this is not an excessive increase and every fan should know that the season-ticket revenue will solely go towards the first-team squad.
We have also witnessed a significant advancement at the Academy under the guidance of Craig Mulholland and his team. This was evidenced by our under-17s who went to Qatar and won the prestigious Alkass Cup. This triumph – and the fact that more than 20 of our players across all age groups were called up for international duty recently – are clear signs that the Academy is doing a terrific job.
Rangers is a massive club and our importance demands that we contribute to the broader community as a whole. No club in the country does more to help those less fortunate than we do.
The Rangers Charity Foundation’s work goes mostly unheralded but through its various education, health and well-being, employability, diversity and inclusion programmes (as well as many others) it continues to be a force for good and has eased the lives of hundreds of thousands of people who need help in so many ways. In order to further boost our charitable activities we are proud, for the first time, to have included a £2 donation for the Rangers Charity Foundation as part of the Season Ticket payment. I know that all fans will support this initiative to help others.
I sincerely hope that you will renew your season ticket for 2019/20 and thank you in advance for your continued support.
Dave King
Chairman
Rangers Football Club

The relevant section on PR:

"Apart from the aim of amassing titles and trophies, being part of Rangers as a fan, player, manager or director means we conduct ourselves in a specific manner. Our Club often comes under unfair attack and we are relentless in working hard behind the scenes, and up front when necessary, to make sure we are given the respect our Club and our massive support deserves. But we will not engage in unseemly debates through the media.
Conducting ourselves with dignity is a part of who we are and it is up to us to set standards. However, in doing this, we will not allow ourselves to be treated differently or held to a different set of rules. "

The suggestion that "we are" working hard to make sure we are given the respect our Club and support deserves -- in the context of the continued attacks this indicates to me that this approach is not good enough.
If it was good enough, we would at least see a slackening off of the smears and slanders and libels and downright lies against Club & players & fans.
That strategy just isn't working.

I agree that we shouldn't enage in unseemly debate through the media, but that doesn't preclude us from using our own media platforms to get out our own messages.
That's hardly unseemly debate, especially if it sets the tone and puts us on the front foot.
Certainly, that would require more attentive and able people on our PR case than at present.

The final part of the above quote, I actually find slightly contradictory.
We conduct ourselves with dignity and set standards, but won't allow ourselves to be treated differently.
So -- how does that work?

Some posters on here have compared our situation to a war that has been declared upon us.
Our enemies use every weapon and propaganda piece that they can find, along with others that they make up.
While we either remain in dignified silence or make a Statement every now and again that never seems to have any follow-up, nor the essential threat of genuine action behind it.

What can we do?
As others have suggested -- take individuals to task, through the courts.
If a media organisation / individual is systematically maligning us, cut off all links to it.
If opposition clubs are unreasonable in their dealings with us, ensure that they know that our Club will be doing everything they can to dissuade our fans visiting them, and make them as unwelcome as possible when they visit us.
If the SFA and their employees continue to ignore us, mention that we will be demanding a full enquiry into the role of child-abusers, their business partners and their facilitators who have worked at the SFA.

It IS "up to us to set standards", but those standards must not see every mention of Rangers corrupted by undue bias, nor have every mundane news item turned into a vehicle for the character assassination of our Club.
We don't have to "debate" anything.
But we should set things straight through our own media platforms.

Back