The French Cup

ParagonofVirtue

Seeing there is two clubs from the French 3rd tier in the French Cup semis and they have drawn each other meaning one will be in the final either Les Herbiers or Chambly.

Does anyone think we should adopt their ruling that if a team from a lower division comes out the hat with a team from a higher division they always get a home tie.

There always seems to be some sort of fairytale story in their cup competition due partly to this ruling.

Slightly off topic, but the French cup includes teams from French overseas territories - meaning your local semi pro team could end up with a trip to French Guiana or Tahiti.

Slightly off topic, but the French cup includes teams from French overseas territories - meaning your local semi pro team could end up with a trip to French Guiana or Tahiti.

Which all adds to the attraction.

I don’t know the stats off hand but there does seem to be a lower division team in the final fairly often. I’m sure there was a team from the fourth tier in the final a few years back.

Seeing there is two clubs from the French 3rd tier in the French Cup semis and they have drawn each other meaning one will be in the final either Les Herbiers or Chambly.

Does anyone think we should adopt their ruling that if a team from a lower division comes out the hat with a team from a higher division they always get a home tie.

There always seems to be some sort of fairytale story in their cup competition due partly to this ruling.
No. For the simple reason a lot of small clubs would like to come to Ibrox for both the experience and cash

No, i don't, it would detract from the random nature of the draw, as well as making it well-nigh impossible for many Bears to get 4th round tickets if we're drawn against some non-leaguers

No, i don't, it would detract from the random nature of the draw, as well as making it well-nigh impossible for many Bears to get 4th round tickets if we're drawn against some non-leaguers

You could argue it adds to the random nature of the draw as even if you are pulled out first you have to wait to see who you are pulled out with to see if you are home or away.

I get the ticket thing and smaller teams getting to play at the bigger stadiums but it does seem to have a greater romance about it the way they do it, and indeed the amount of teams entered and their locations.

Went to the French cup final last year.

Angers v PSG. Dreadful game. Last minute winner to the team from Qatar

Back