The funeral of Jimmy Bell.

With the date the player will be back and able to pay their final respects. Hopefully they do it with a European winners medal for Jimmy.

What a fitting tribute that would be, for a man who did so much for our club to go out with a Europa League medal in his hand.

Won’t be back in time to pay my respects but will be thinking about you Jimmy. Rest easy.

Football is huge and brings us all together, but there are more important things in life.
A club legend who will never be forgotten. Thoughts as always with Jimmy's family and loved ones.

Players going to funeral but then going to train at Auchenhowie to prepare for Saturday. Guests going to Ibrox after funeral. Service being conducted by Rev McQuarrie.

He died while I was away and I truly could not believe it when news eventually got to me. Reading some of the tributes from some giants of the game was lovely though. Ibrox will never be the same without him.

Glad it was not a rainy day today and that he can rest in peace today. I did think it was a brass neck for Celtic to send anyone given they had never criticised their own support for their sick abuse of the man and the abuse they gave when he did die.

Back