The Gaffer

Janeybear

Apologies if I’ve missed this but has Gio put a ban on the use of the term “The Gaffer” when the players are being interviewed?
Noticed it first when Nathan Patterson was interviewed a couple weeks ago, he started saying “the gaffer” then corrected himself and changed it to the manager. A few days later Tav done the same. Then again today Big Bassey done it and seemed to slow down at one point to think through what he was saying to make sure he never used the term!
Maybe just a wee discipline Gio is putting in place but it’s funny to see the players trying to change a habit that’s been in place for a long time st the club!

Apologies if I’ve missed this but has Gio put a ban on the use of the term “The Gaffer” when the players are being interviewed?
Noticed it first when Nathan Patterson was interviewed a couple weeks ago, he started saying “the gaffer” then corrected himself and changed it to the manager. A few days later Tav done the same. Then again today Big Bassey done it and seemed to slow down at one point to think through what he was saying to make sure he never used the term!
Maybe just a wee discipline Gio is putting in place but it’s funny to see the players trying to change a habit that’s been in place for a long time st the club!
Only one Rangers Gaffer and that’s Walter Smith!

I noticed he's now addressing some players by their first name in post-match interviews. Saw a few loons suggesting that not doing so before was some kind of disciplinarian thing :D

If Mcgregor ever becomes a "gaffer" he'd still expect to be referred to as Shagger at all times. It's an earned title.

By being addressed as boss every time a player chats with him it reiterates his position to them.

It's more professional.

It's more disciplined.

I'll check this post back the morra n see if it makes sense, just now it does but been out since full time..... mwi

If Mcgregor ever becomes a "gaffer" he'd still expect to be referred to as Shagger at all times. It's an earned title.

McGregor apparently finds all that embarrassing. Was probably a laugh to him at the time but he is now 40 and a married man.

By being addressed as boss every time a player chats with him it reiterates his position to them.

It's more professional.

It's more disciplined.

I'll check this post back the morra n see if it makes sense, just now it does but been out since full time..... mwi

Well, what you think?

Aye, noticed this in Tavs first one after Gio came in, hard to tell if it's just a foreign thing as they obviously won't say gaffer, or if he prefers boss as it implies who is in charge more (hard to describe). Like the gaffer might have a boss, but the boss is the boss. If that makes sense.

Back