The Gaffers 150th game tomorrow.

Think he's frustrated us all at times but we shouldn't lose sight of what a classy, determined and increasingly successful manager we have.

Head and shoulders above the competition and the perfect match for our club.

Or, the more cerebral realise he started at a massive disadvantage and was learning on the job - making errors a certainty.

Didn’t stop tubes saying he didn’t have ‘it’ and should have been hunted in the summer.

Where did those punters go?

Or, the more cerebral realise he started at a massive disadvantage and was learning on the job - making errors a certainty.

Didn’t stop tubes saying he didn’t have ‘it’ and should have been hunted in the summer.

Yep, the signs were always there.

He has covered effectively all of his investment by his incredible European performances.

And now the true prize for the Fanbase beckons.

People forget. The much vaunted Souness left with us trailing Aberdeen despite by far the biggest spend and wage budget.

Walter’s sides made things frequently more difficult than you might expect given the above was also true.

Both were infinitely more experienced. Or Souness as experienced but a more frequent winner

Stevie started in a more hamstrung position than any Rangers manager who went on to win a title.

For me, his is the greatest achievement of my lifetime.

Yep, the signs were always there.

He has covered effectively all of his investment by his incredible European performances.

And now the true prize for the Fanbase beckons.
The fact he took us into EL group stages at the 1st opportunity was actually incredible. From Pedro in a bush to Villarreal in little over a year.

He's came in to a club that was properly malfunctioning and a support scarred beyond tablets. We were being routinely dismantled and humiliated by the filth and we couldn't even beat Aberdeen to 2nd place.

He has completely (along with his team) revolutionised the club. I was excited by his appointment but never in my wildest dreams did I imagine he'd have us going to places like Porto, Braga, Feyenoord, Benfica and playing them off the park.

And he's about to deliver us 55 and we're talking about being seeded for the CL draw.

The job he has done is absolutely remarkable, and we had fans willing to rip it all up because they couldn't stomach watching Timmy winning another trophy or two. Thank god we stuck with it. I feel like he's just getting properly started now.

The fact he took us into EL group stages at the 1st opportunity was actually incredible. From Pedro in a bush to Villarreal in little over a year.

He's came in to a club that was properly malfunctioning and a support scarred beyond tablets. We were being routinely dismantled and humiliated by the filth and we couldn't even beat Aberdeen to 2nd place.

He has completely (along with his team) revolutionised the club. I was excited by his appointment but never in my wildest dreams did I imagine he'd have us going to places like Porto, Braga, Feyenoord, Benfica and playing them off the park.

And he's about to deliver us 55 and we're talking about being seeded for the CL draw.

The job he has done is absolutely remarkable, and we had fans willing to rip it all up because they couldn't stomach watching Timmy winning another trophy or two. Thank god we stuck with it. I feel like he's just getting properly started now.
Excellently laid out.

Cannot believe Steven Gerrard has managed this many games for us. God I hope he's with us for awhile

He's came in to a club that was properly malfunctioning and a support scarred beyond tablets. We were being routinely dismantled and humiliated by the filth and we couldn't even beat Aberdeen.

Great post.

He has given us our pride back mate, and big time.

I’m delighted That the BOD took a long term view & showed the strength to back him when
Some, not a lot to be fair, we’re ignoring the underlying improvements & just stating ‘no trophies no future’.

Loyalty paid off for Manchester United with SAF & its paying off with Us for Steven & his excellent team.

Great post.

He has given us our pride back mate, and big time.

I’m delighted That the BOD took a long term view & showed the strength to back him when
Some, not a lot to be fair, we’re ignoring the underlying improvements & just stating ‘no trophies no future’.

Loyalty paid off for Manchester United with SAF & its paying off with Us for Steven & his excellent team.
Yio. The board also deserve credit for backing him and giving him the resources to build the squad into what it is.

Yeah, I do get the frustration, though.

I think people were just desperate to see him succeed and us move on from the Caixinha/Murty era.

The difference is after saying our piece we've all ultimately remained behind him and refrained from the kind of vitriolic tantrums that are tearing apart the mentally challenged fanbase at present.

I think there was a lot of frustration coming out from people based upon the shite we had seen from previous managers in the years before Gerrard that meant a shorter fuse with Gerrard than he deserved.

That was a big factor in my opinion.

One such gobshite is no longer on my contacts list, after one rant too many...still shouting `he hasn`t got it` amongst other trash at me a full hour after the St Johnstone game; until I finally cracked and let him have both f*cking barrels...
Back on topic, congratulations Steven Gerrard on another milestone.
One thing I`ve often thought, but never typed on here, is; when he does finally leave Rangers, if he is subsequently remembered(not only by ourselves, but the wider football public) for what he`s achieved as Rangers manager, (and not as a player for Liverpool); then we are in for some seriously good times... I`m loving it. :cool:

All things considered, where he took the club from and to now and where we're going - he is the single most important appointment in my 27 year old lifetime.

There is a foundation in place now that will live on after SG is long gone. That will only strengthen his legacy.

People forget. The much vaunted Souness left with us trailing Aberdeen despite by far the biggest spend and wage budget.

Walter’s sides made things frequently more difficult than you might expect given the above was also true.

Both were infinitely more experienced. Or Souness as experienced but a more frequent winner

Stevie started in a more hamstrung position than any Rangers manager who went on to win a title.

For me, his is the greatest achievement of my lifetime.

Agree, and mine & i’m probably older than you mate.

Given the relative financial/resources shortfall compared to our biggest competitor ?

Incredible achievement if we can close it off.

He & his team have mentally destroyed Celtic.

Seems like no time at all since he arrived. How time flies when you're enjoying yourself.

gn22.png

Congratulations Stevie G on reaching such a milestone for our magnificent club, you have showed nothing but class in the way you go about your business of being our manager. The fact you've made us a major force in Europe again and also about to deliver our first title in a decade is a fantastic achievement in such a short time. Hopefully many more milestones to come as our manager

This was posted by Rangers on tour on Twitter. "Gerrard has been in charge of Rangers for 149 games. 97 wins, 32 draws, 20 defeats. Just 10 more league wins away & his side will be champions. Goldson has played in 141 of those games, unbelievable considering his career was almost ended by a heart condition a few years ago"
That stat about Goldson is magnificent.

It has been a great journey on the SG Express, even though we have had to deal occasionally with the troublesome trucks.

Our entrance into Central will be grand and glorious.

Absolutely inspired choice for our club.

He just gets us, and I'm convinced once the first trophy arrives there will be plenty more.

Back