The gaffers 20 most important goals

Mitchell McCoist

Official Ticketer
Based on this compilation, I think he only scored from more than 25 yards!

Also, anyone else found a new found certainty recently in the following answer to the age old debate:

1. Gerrard
2. Scholes
3. Lampard

The ultimate midfielder, professional, captain.

If he was at Manchester United at the time of their success under Sir Alex Ferguson, he'd be one of the greatest.

That goal against West Ham in the Cup Final was incredible. We watched it down my local and were all cheering for West Ham, them being the underdogs and all, and all the Indian lads were cheering for Liverpool (pretty much all Indian lads of my generation support Liverpool, dunno why). There was no tension at all but a few light hearted barbs were being fired back and forth. That goal went in and one of the Indian lads bought a round for the whole pub. Needless to say, we were all cheering for Liverpool after that. He also got the round in for everyone at the end of the penalty shootout. Then drove off in his Bentley.

The ultimate midfielder, professional, captain.

If he was at Manchester United at the time of their success under Sir Alex Ferguson, he'd be one of the greatest.
Imagine him in a team of equals as opposed to single handedly having to drag Liverpool over the line time after time.

Based on this compilation, I think he only scored from more than 25 yards!

Also, anyone else found a new found certainty recently in the following answer to the age old debate:

1. Gerrard
2. Scholes
3. Lampard
That’s the order I would go for. Gerrard could do everything the other two could and things they couldn’t.

Last edited:
The Gerrard final was incredible. Hard not to be impressed with the Olympiakos goal too given the timing and importance

Still:

1. Scholes
2. Gerrard
3. Lampard

Fantastic striker of the ball.

Having that goal threat in front of the 18 yard box is some weapon for any team.

Jorg Albertz was ours. Can't think of one since.

Same 1,2,3 for me though a YouTube compilation of Scholes would be some viewing too.

Back