The Gaffer's ban?

Is it not a automatic red if a manager goes on the field of play? This is included when the HT whistle is blown?

I am all for Gerrard confronting him as like he said how can 3 officials miss that ??, so what I seen and herd was gerrardsaying can I talk to you about that cheaton said no and gaffer saying that’s a Foooking joke, and walking away the second yellow looks like Mcallister said something Stevie g turned around n he got booked for the second time.

don’t want to be nit picking but does the referee not need to look at the person they are cautioning and give an explanation??

Don't know what the second yellow was for. Seemed to me that Gerrard had walked away and was just talking to himself at that stage. He was miles away by the time the second yellow came out.

Anyway, Beaton should be ashamed of himself for the chain of events that led to that situation. But I don't think he'll care.
Seems that Beaton fecked up by giving Gerrard a yellow- entering the field of play illegally is usually a straight red - the second yellow was to confirm the red card after he was informed of his feck up
Particularly If he had went over and gave Gerrard a straight red

In here mate. Hopefully it works.

He's even further away from Beaton than I thought.

He'll be getting pulled up for his comments after the match anyway, so he'll get a ban of some sort no matter what.

The arrogant wee prick didn't even look in SG's direction when he whipped out the first yellow.

He loved doing it.
If you watch when SG walks towards him he puts his hand in his left pocket looking for the yellow card realizes it’s in the other pocket swaps the ball to the other hand and hey presto it’s out he knew what SG was going to ask him.

Seems that Beaton fecked up by giving Gerrard a yellow- entering the field of play illegally is usually a straight red - the second yellow was to confirm the red card after he was informed of his feck up
Particularly If he had went over and gave Gerrard a straight red
But surely the "field of play" stops after the referee blows his whistle? The rules are clear. A football game is two equal halves of 45min. So Beaton can't issue it for that. The game has stopped and one half is complete. Must be something else imo.

Out of interest, what are the rules about sitting in the stand? I presume there is nothing stopping him sitting in row a of them enclosure? :D

I was watching on RTV so missed what was clearly heard on Sky.

To me it looked slightly surreal.

Did Defoe serve Beaton with a drink and then Beaton issues SG a second yellow?
“You won’t speak to me? Yeah I know why you won’t speak to me, cos it was fuckin bang on, you’re fuckin bang out of order!”

Beaton then shows a yellow, Gerrard walks away but half turns his head and continues to say stuff, Sky have muted the mics at this point. Despite Defoe’s best efforts to distract Beaton with a bottle of water he shows a second yellow.

If you see the incident from the start again you’ll notice Beaton had his hand in his pocket before Gerrard has even reached or spoken to him. Wank.

But surely the "field of play" stops after the referee blows his whistle? The rules are clear. A football game is two equal halves of 45min. So Beaton can't issue it for that. The game has stopped and one half is complete. Must be something else imo.

Players get booked and even sent off in the tunnel of matches do they not?

Don't know what the second yellow was for. Seemed to me that Gerrard had walked away and was just talking to himself at that stage. He was miles away by the time the second yellow came out.

Anyway, Beaton should be ashamed of himself for the chain of events that led to that situation. But I don't think he'll care.
That was the defining moment of Beaton’s career. Nothing he has ever done before or will do in the future will top the day he gave Steven Gerrard a red card. He’ll probably retire at the end of the season and dine out on that for years. Useless kunt.

Out of interest, what are the rules about sitting in the stand? I presume there is nothing stopping him sitting in row a of them enclosure? :D
I would assume there's s designated area however I remember wenger being sent off at old Trafford and he just kind of stood in amongst the fans. No doubt the SFA will stipulate it needs to be the seat furthest from the field in this case though.

Last edited:
wouldn't it be funny if gerrard sat in the stands with one of these? be even better if his voice was way louder on pitch than if he was in the dugout. can just imagine his scouse accent through it

81DJUkZ3AEL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Take the ban out the way. I think this lines up a wonderful opportunity to make a nice statement, video reel, submission at end of the season highlighting the inconsistency and call it out.

Hopefully the club are planning this.

If the boss is forced to watch from the stand for the game against Celtic, the whole team of staff and subs should move with him. They should sit six rows behind the dugout together. There isn’t anything they can’t do from there that they can do from the pitch side

Neil lennon ended up with a 45 minute ban for abusing a ref so hopefully that 2and half in thr stand will suffice.

The sheer arrogance of that camp little bastard as he walks away from Gerrard and refuses to speak to him.

Is it any wonder Gerrard gave him dogs abuse. And rightly so.

Two match ban for the manager and a two match ban for Morelos for celebrating with his top off in the dressing room and playing loud music.

“You won’t speak to me? Yeah I know why you won’t speak to me, cos it was fuckin bang on, you’re fuckin bang out of order!”

Beaton then shows a yellow, Gerrard walks away but half turns his head and continues to say stuff, Sky have muted the mics at this point. Despite Defoe’s best efforts to distract Beaton with a bottle of water he shows a second yellow.

If you see the incident from the start again you’ll notice Beaton had his hand in his pocket before Gerrard has even reached or spoken to him. Wank.
Correct . Also why is Beaton staring right past Gerrard like some sort of utter ignoramus , as if Gerrard doesn’t exist ? The guy is an imposter I don’t care if he’s one of us he’s a horrific excuse for a referee

The SPFL have conveniently edited out the interaction with Gerrard and Beaton so nobody can hear exactly what was said.

Not much clear on last night's game either, their defender shouting at the keeper for Morelos' penalty incident "it's a fucking straight ball you lady's front bottom, get off your line quicker" and a good clear "Puta Madre" from the Buff at the end of the celebrations.

de puta madre

1. (slang, vulgar, idiomatic) dog's bollocks, fucking great, very good, super cool
Synonym: cojonudo (slang, vulgar)

Correct . Also why is Beaton staring right past Gerrard like some sort of utter ignoramus , as if Gerrard doesn’t exist ? The guy is an imposter I don’t care if he’s one of us he’s a horrific excuse for a referee
He’s not one of us.

The way Beaton was tutting and rolling his eyes through the whole game was really annoying.
Yes I noticed this as well, his manner was absolutely horrendous, almost as if the minute he puts that uniform on he goes on a power trip. He would get slapped about silly in the real world.

Back