The Gallant Few Podcast - New Episode - Aberdeen Review and Weekly Round Up

The Gallant Few

Join Colin, Scott, Iain and Graeme as they discuss Rangers’ 2-1 victory at Aberdeen, current league standings and all the other news from the week!

Available now on any of the main podcast apps!

Spotify- https://open.spotify.com/episode/6d5Ea49pip369H4z6JLP3L?si=ScJR4pPkQJigguG9_YKWWA

Acast- https://shows.acast.com/the-gallant-few/episodes/the-gallant-few-1001-weekly-round-up

Apple- https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podca...15040562#episodeGuid=5ffb6f76fc483610e4d825ad

YouTube-
As always, all feedback welcome! For both the show and points made!

Enjoyed that one boys.
As SG alluded to, our problem in this game was when we were 2-0 up and a man up we risked too many players up the park, I think the players got a bit complacent, at least this time we secured our win unlike the 3-3 v Benfica when we blew it in similar fashion. SG seems to blame a lack of leadership by the players but surely he can get his message onto the park that we have to change our tactics when Aberdeen start to look a bit threatening? That was a fine save by McGregor from the quick free kick, I think it was 2-0 at the time and a warning for us. Overall though we played well and we move onto Motherwell. Agree with you about Jack, he gives us an important defensive option in midfield and we miss him.

Last edited:
Enjoyed that one boys.
As SG alluded to, our problem in this game was when we were 2-0 up and a man up we risked too many players up the park, I think the players got a bit complacent, at least this time we secured our win unlike the 3-3 v Benfica when we blew it in similar fashion. SG seems to blame a lack of leadership by the players but surely he can get his message onto the park that we have to change our tactics when Aberdeen start to look a bit threatening? That was a fine save by McGregor from the quick free kick, I think it was 2-0 at the time and a warning for us. Overall though we played well and we move onto Motherwell. Agree with you about Jack, he gives us an important defensive option in midfield and we miss him.
I think this is maybe a common theme we've seen throughout Gerrard's reign, he'll tend to trust the players to sort it out themselves on the pitch before changing it - looking for his leaders to step up.

He's definitely got better at making changes, whether tactically or personnel wise, but we were all looking for this yesterday and it didn't quite come. I guess, to be fair, it's a hard balancing act between putting trust in the players and making the changes.

You're right, on to Motherwell and hopefully one game closer :D

I was fine with the way they managed the game and glad he trusted the players on the park to get the game back.

I feared he may have been tempted to change it at a crucial time, which could have led to some communication and positioning issues when new players come on.

All in, apart from a simply awful goal, the team played well, coped with the pressure and nerves, saw the game out and got down the road unscathed. A grand day out, as they say.

I was fine with the way they managed the game and glad he trusted the players on the park to get the game back.

I feared he may have been tempted to change it at a crucial time, which could have led to some communication and positioning issues when new players come on.

All in, apart from a simply awful goal, the team played well, coped with the pressure and nerves, saw the game out and got down the road unscathed. A grand day out, as they say.
Celtic 1 Hibs 1 final score, makes my day even better!:))

Back