The Gallant Pioneer Blackpool

Mossblown_Loyal

Nothing we haven't heard before, but always good to keep giving it a mention if it's keeping up the standards.

First time in Blackpool for years and made it a must visit going by what i read on here.

Visited on Friday night and there was a bonus in meeting "The Goalie" who was in attendance. Nothing was too much trouble for him and he mixed and mingled and joined in with the banter with everyone.

Lovely place, nice pint and quick service.. The Inverness Bears who were in, were in fine voice throughout the night.

Any Bear going to Blackpool and can spend a round of drinks in some of the pubs, wine bars other hostelries would need to have a very good reason for not nipping in for a round of beers and sampling a drink among your own.

Highly recommend it to any Bear if in Blackpool, Just across the road from the pier closest to the pleasure beach. Not exactly the farthest away place to take a stroll along the promenade ending with a refreshing drink.

Great pub, run by cracking lads. For those who haven't been in for a while, it's been extended, and there's now a quieter family bar, which will also show the games.

Great pub, run by cracking lads. For those who haven't been in for a while, it's been extended, and there's now a quieter family bar, which will also show the games.
good to hear about the extended premises,, and hope it goes from strength to strength

We arrived in Blackpool just after 1pm on Saturday prior to the speakers night. We popped into collect our tickets before checking into the hotel, thinking it would be quiet.
It was bouncing, with many bears in fine fettle including the Goalie.
It’s a smashing Rangers pub.

thank you guys, all comments are much appreciated. yes last weekend was epic as we had our now annual sportsman's dinner event at the Pleasure Beach on Saturday night with Graeme Souness, Ian Durrant Bobby Tait and the fantastic Lynsey Glen entertaining the bears, then as you say The Goalie was in attendance in the audience as well as the legend that is Sammy King who also performed Penny Arcade for us.

Hard to disagree with the OP.

Friday was brilliant, we travelled from Aberdeen and hit the place for about 6
My brother was over from Leeds and we had friends from Falkirk, Larkhall and Corby in our group.

That was us parked until 12.30 – nothing was too much trouble to the lassies and the tunes were loud and proud. Booked into a B&B directly across from the place so not far to travel!

Saturday nights gig was absolutely stonking. I can only imagine the organisation that went into it.
Weill done John, Jim and everyone else involved

Planning a long weekend early in 2018 to see if I can remember the place.

I'll be down for the new year. I take it that a ticket will be needed for the mentally challengeds game on the 30th.
How do I go about getting a couple please. Thanks

I'll be down for the new year. I take it that a ticket will be needed for the mentally challengeds game on the 30th.
How do I go about getting a couple please. Thanks

No tickets for games mate 1st come 1st served but with us extending capacity shouldn't be an issue. We are also having a new year party as well if fancy it?

Great pub run by great guys roll on next year till I’m back down always have a great time in the Pioneer

If any bears are ever in Blackpool go over and give the guys a turn they deserve it

WATP

Going this Saturday to watch game and stay for a few beers looking forward to seeing the refurbishment

Haven't been to Blackpool in a long time and hadn't heard of the extension. Will now make it top priority to find an excuse to get down there - you know...just to check that standards are being upheld.....!!!

I certainly do fancy it. Will be there on Saturday 30th for the pub opening and get details.
Thanks very much, just hope we get a result v them and will be a great weekend

Back