The game you didnt get a ticket for (but you'd have given your right arm for)

5-1 against the muck.The butch Wilkins goal.
Ballot for the tickets and didn’t get one but went anyway.Guys were jumping into the toilets in th enclosure and I was half way up when a big copper dragged me down.Listened to the game on the bus radio.The bus was mental coming home.

Was offered one for the Zidane CL Final at Hampden, I knocked it back, yip - I'm a dick.

Any win against them at the piggery - never saw a single one in my 8 visits, last one was in 2011 and won't ever be back.

1-0 Mo Johnston goal game and the 4-2 New Year against the Bheggars - couldn’t get ticket for either.

Numerous Cup Finals, I never got the luck in the ballot for the final and over the late 80s-late 90s I think I got to Scottish Cup Final in 1993 and the League Cup Finals of 87/88 and 93/94.
Was at just about every bloody semi final going for a decade as well.

After moving away from Glasgow I missed on the Advocaat years, McLeish Treble, UEFA Cup run and I think the home match v Fiorentina was one where I really felt Inwas missing something special.

Agreed, Easter Road was the away end of the century that day, but no matter where you were then, it will be marked forever in your memory - every story a classic.
I couldn’t get a ticket,then when it looked like it was all over for us in the lead up to the match, my mate gave me his and buggered off to Blackpool for the weekend as he didn’t want to be in Glasgow when the scum clinched the league. The rest as they say is history.

I couldn’t get a ticket,then when it looked like it was all over for us in the lead up to the match, my mate gave me his and buggered off to Blackpool for the weekend as he didn’t want to be in Glasgow when the scum clinched the league. The rest as they say is history.
Ha Ha, brilliant! Hope he wasn't too gutted and had a great spontaneous party in Blackpool and great trip back home. I normally hate going to work Monday morning, but on Monday 23 May 2005 I couldn't wait . . .

Manchester 08 for me.

Been to every game upto it but missed out on ballet.

Mate who hadn’t spent a penny on Rangers that season got a ticket as his uncle worked for Man City, was fu(kin raging.

Still had a great day out in Albert sq on the piss but that is probably a once in a lifetime experience.

Manchester.

Leeds - I was working away and my mum was supposed to apply for me, but missed the announcement so missed the game

Manchester even although we got beat.

only time in 14 years i think my dad had forgot to tick the boxes

Will regret that til my dying day

Title decider against Aberdeen, 1991. Tried everything right up until kickoff, no luck.

On a slightly different track...

I lost my ticket for the 4-2 game at piggery (P. Mendes goal) only to find it lying outside the subway station on the way home!!!

Still got ticket.

Lovenkrands final , not that I was able to attend matches then due to being skint lol
My wee yin was born in Little France on 4th May 2002. The hospital was new and had an LCD screen on which I watched the game until, when we were 2-1 down, I had to switch off because my then Mrs decided she was actually going to whelp.

The outcome? A very long and skinny wean weighing 10lbs who is now a very long (5'11 with a Canada Goose jaiket) 17 year old who is an absolute delight.

I'd have loved a ticket for that game but Neil McCann's cross for Lovenkrands' goal was the second best delivery of the day.

Was offered one for the Zidane CL Final at Hampden, I knocked it back, yip - I'm a dick.

My old man was walking along the road and was offered a ticket for the final of all finals at Hampden. Madrid-Frankfurt he duly accepted thou and he was glad he did.

My game would have been the league victory at the piggery.

I’d also say that I wouldn’t have swapped my 92/93 and 2007/2008 ST for all the tea in China.

Absolutely desperate to get in that night. Ended up standing against the wall outside just listening to the atmosphere and it sounded incredible. A guy standing next to me said he was going to chance it and never seen anything like this before. He starts running from the middle of Edminston drive...dodges a couple of polis on his way towards the end turnstile at the West Enclosure...jumps up and over the turnstile and ducking at the same time...when he gets over he then manages to dodge another couple of polis and security and could see him vanish and mingle into the crowd. It was some stunt he pulled off.

Back