The Gartcraig Inn

The last time I drank in there was the cup defeat to the sheep - the bleak Sadiq game

Obviously not the best circumstances to judge the portion of Gers V septic percentages
Although the subdued atmosphere maybe should have given me a clue

Technically this is my local when I visit Glasgow- maybe I'm midway between the GI & the Anvil or Princess & I haven't been in either for over 20 years

If the GI is at least partially a Gers pub - I'll need to pay it another visit soon

yYHHSsN.png
Just to let people know this event was not long after the guy took over this is the only celtic night they have had upto now he has had 10 Rangers Nights along with this one and another one in Feb with Bob Malcolm and Andy Goram
It's a cracking wee pub you won't be disappointed if you pay it a visit he has spent a lot of cash on it and a nice big beer garden although not advisable in Dec in Glasgow.

James Blaney's local by the sound of things, before he smashed his brain obviously.

I grew up in Cranhill & drank there from 1980 till 1993. Always was a good Rangers pub with a mix of guys from Cranhill, Ruchazie, Riddrie & Carntyne. Was frequently visited by a lot of well known Bears from Dennistoun as well.

Check out wee Doc Hampton here Grigo. :))

Heard you were one of his favourite pupils....
diva.gif

It's a hissssstory lesson from Monty the python!​

By Angela McManus
David and Monty at the school with pupils in the 1980s. This picture will feature in the new Cranhill exhibition

David and Monty at the school with pupils in the 1980s. This picture will feature in the new Cranhill exhibition

HE first slithered his way into Evening Times headlines 30 years ago, now Monty the python is back with a guest appearance on home turf.
The six-foot snake was once part of a menagerie of small animals kept in the biology department at Cranhill Secondary by teacher David Hampton.
The reptile made the news when he disappeared after a break-in at the school in 1979: rabbits, hamsters and mice were let loose and the lid was off the empty vivarium.
It was 1983 before he was discovered behind a cupboard and staff at the school thought the snake had survived in the intervening years on a diet of mice and rats from the basement.

When the school closed in the early 1990s, David decided to take Monty home for safe keeping.
The friends were back in Cranhill to announce the opening of a photography exhibition at Cranhill Arts Project on November 5 which will feature a picture of David and Monty at the school in the 1980s.
David said: "Monty is part of the Cranhill story, thousands of people know about him. At the time when I originally got him, in 1972, Monty Python's Flying Circus was big on TV, so that's how he got his name."
David believes Monty is about 46 years old and survived for so long because he feeds well and didn't have any predators, apart from the odd school vandal.
He said: "Goodness knows how long he will live. He looks to me now exactly the same as he did all those years ago."

@coolatballet the swat wae the gecks far left of the pic.
Not a swot. A perv. Staring at the wee lassie's chest area.

Need to disagree a bit! I moved to Cranhill in 1965 and it was a great place to grow up fast forward 25 years and yes it had become a shithole'
The powers that be had this great idea that putting problem families among decent ones would change them! Never worked
Tried that trick in Barlanark. Ended in a spectacular failure with most of the decent families eventually moving away and splitting up a good community.
One of the bad families drafted in had two borstal abscondees camped out in back close cellar. :D

Check out wee Doc Hampton here Grigo. :))

Heard you were one of his favourite pupils....
diva.gif

It's a hissssstory lesson from Monty the python!​

By Angela McManus

HE first slithered his way into Evening Times headlines 30 years ago, now Monty the python is back with a guest appearance on home turf.
The six-foot snake was once part of a menagerie of small animals kept in the biology department at Cranhill Secondary by teacher David Hampton.
The reptile made the news when he disappeared after a break-in at the school in 1979: rabbits, hamsters and mice were let loose and the lid was off the empty vivarium.
It was 1983 before he was discovered behind a cupboard and staff at the school thought the snake had survived in the intervening years on a diet of mice and rats from the basement.

When the school closed in the early 1990s, David decided to take Monty home for safe keeping.
The friends were back in Cranhill to announce the opening of a photography exhibition at Cranhill Arts Project on November 5 which will feature a picture of David and Monty at the school in the 1980s.
David said: "Monty is part of the Cranhill story, thousands of people know about him. At the time when I originally got him, in 1972, Monty Python's Flying Circus was big on TV, so that's how he got his name."
David believes Monty is about 46 years old and survived for so long because he feeds well and didn't have any predators, apart from the odd school vandal.
He said: "Goodness knows how long he will live. He looks to me now exactly the same as he did all those years ago."

@coolatballet the swat wae the gecks far left of the pic.

I was one of his favourites ??????

He was my regi teacher. You can bar do much damage in 10 minutes a day lol

My dad used to drink there when he lived in Carntyne. Says the lounge was called the Rangers end & the bar was the Celtic end.

Back