Official Ticketer
Saw it on the screens today.

FFx2drbXsAIf0Wa

b335e797c54e84703cd640bbe9247a6c.jpg

Never been in it before.

Is it one of our own? B-D

Big Tam will welcome all
and Let everyone know who he supports

Is that Big Tam that had the ice cream van in Cranhill? A lot of the streets there were named after lighthouses - as Big Tam tells you in the video. :))

pdhLb1.gif

Mad Jamba in there as well. What a place! :))

Click "Watch on YouTube" to view.

I went to Cranhill Secondary.

It was that rough we used to get the day aff on McGraw's Birthday.

Last edited:
Growing up in ruchazie.. the gartcraig used to sponsor the local amateur team muirton. Watched a good few games v the beggars in there.. even having the lounge to ourselves 1 time. 5 young boys all about 10 or so... while our da's where in the bar goung tonto :) . Tam stll does the van in ruchazie too.. a good guy.

Saturday afternoons drinking in there and gambling in the John Smith's bookies before going out at night,was our routine back in the 90s.
Happy memories of the place.
Glad to see it's still about.

And it was always a majority of bluenose back then (can I say that)

Last edited:
I wonder where the pub would come under, imo carntyne stops at edinburgh road.
Sure it must be carntyne... warriston st.. liberton street are carntyne on that side of edin road... plenty streets down to cardowan road are carntyne too on other side of edin road. :)

Is that Big Tam that had the ice cream van in Cranhill? A lot of the streets there were named after lighthouses - as Big Tam tells you in the video. :))

pdhLb1.gif

Good school.

pdhLb1.gif

Great school mate. Didny dae me any herm.

Sure it must be carntyne... warriston st.. liberton street are carntyne on that side of edin road... plenty streets down to cardowan road are carntyne too on other side of edin road. :)
Are they, i thought it maybe stopped at the shops at the square on the other side of edinburgh.( carntyne)
Its a bit far from Riddre in theory.
Used to go into the sorting office many moons ago.

The 35 bus terminus - about 500 yards + further up Gartcraig road - had 'North Carntyne' as it's destination

Me too IB.

Luckily I wisnae in LL’s classes right enough.

Check out wee Doc Hampton here Grigo. :))

Heard you were one of his favourite pupils....
diva.gif

It's a hissssstory lesson from Monty the python!​

By Angela McManus
David and Monty at the school with pupils in the 1980s. This picture will feature in the new Cranhill exhibition

David and Monty at the school with pupils in the 1980s. This picture will feature in the new Cranhill exhibition

HE first slithered his way into Evening Times headlines 30 years ago, now Monty the python is back with a guest appearance on home turf.
The six-foot snake was once part of a menagerie of small animals kept in the biology department at Cranhill Secondary by teacher David Hampton.
The reptile made the news when he disappeared after a break-in at the school in 1979: rabbits, hamsters and mice were let loose and the lid was off the empty vivarium.
It was 1983 before he was discovered behind a cupboard and staff at the school thought the snake had survived in the intervening years on a diet of mice and rats from the basement.

When the school closed in the early 1990s, David decided to take Monty home for safe keeping.
The friends were back in Cranhill to announce the opening of a photography exhibition at Cranhill Arts Project on November 5 which will feature a picture of David and Monty at the school in the 1980s.
David said: "Monty is part of the Cranhill story, thousands of people know about him. At the time when I originally got him, in 1972, Monty Python's Flying Circus was big on TV, so that's how he got his name."
David believes Monty is about 46 years old and survived for so long because he feeds well and didn't have any predators, apart from the odd school vandal.
He said: "Goodness knows how long he will live. He looks to me now exactly the same as he did all those years ago."

@coolatballet the swat wae the gecks far left of the pic.

Last edited:
Watched the game in the GCI when we won the league at the San Giro. Absolute bedlam. Ended up in the lounge till chucking oot time. The DJ was told it would be wise for him to play GSTQ at the end. He played the Queen guitar version as it was all he had. Disaster (for him) averted. Unforgettable day.

Owner is one of us, but as most pubs it will be mixed.
Grew up with owner, a character who once owned a dug as big as a horse JF will remember that:)
It's definitely frequented by more Rangers fans than Mhanks.
Old firm games in there are about 90% bluenoses

Back