The general Warsaw help thread.

What's the easiest way to get from city centre to the ground? Going with Sport Options, don't know where the drop off point is, just says city centre.

I'm staying with my son in the Ibis Budget (Zentrum) not far from the ground - where nearby will be OK for bars etc. We'll be there Wed till Sunday, so any other touristy type stuff would also be appreciated.

I went before with sport options and we were dropped off at a city centre hotel and a small buffet laid on, had to make your own way to ground which is in amongst housing estates. No trouble but we were playing a Russian side in a one leg play off

I’m staying at the Radisson Blue hotel, Monday to Saturday. Google maps show its two and a bit miles from the stadium so not bad, and I notice the National Stadium is just across the water from Legia’s.

Is their public transport to and from the ground?

Any other touristy things to see or do?

I should point out I'm not in Warsaw I am up north in Gdańsk however happy to help with translations, local customs, generic Polish questions.

There are good transport links in Warsaw but I would highly recommend downloading Uber or the App Taxify. Uber is very cheap here and there is always drivers available.

For the Warsaw specific questions I'll ask my friends that live there and come back to you.

Legia certainly aren't the most violent football fans here but the hooligan culture is a lot more prominent here and they don't mess about, they actually have training sessions in MMA gyms etc so I would advise bears to watch there backs at all times.

Bars in the old town which is nice but opposite direction to stadium.

Novotel is quite prominent in the centre. The next street along towards the river is called Krucza i think. Bus 107 takes you towards the stadium or you can walk 40 mins... Check google map directions to confirm.

Street called Nowy Świat has a few bars and some hidden behind a la Ashton Lane. Big Ben British style pub also in this area.

Tram and bus tkts can be bought at machines on the bus but remember to validate tkts or get a hefty fine of they catch you ticketless.

Bars also close to Radisson Blu but not sure where's best to accommodate larger numbers tbh.

Novotel is quite prominent in the centre. The next street along towards the river is called Krucza i think. Bus 107 takes you towards the stadium or you can walk 40 mins... Check google map directions to confirm.

Street called Nowy Świat has a few bars and some hidden behind a la Ashton Lane. Big Ben British style pub also in this area.

Tram and bus tkts can be bought at machines on the bus but remember to validate tkts or get a hefty fine of they catch you ticketless.

Bars also close to Radisson Blu but not sure where's best to accommodate larger numbers tbh.

Noticed there’s a bar called British Bulldog Pub in the city centre next to old town. Getting our airport transfer to drop us off there. Seems a good starting point !

Yes good advice regarding validation of the tickets.

You need to put your ticket into the machine at the door which will stamp the time and date you got on.

The locals will keep you right

I'm at the Radisson Blue Sobieski which is quite central, I'll be over from Wednesday to Friday.
Any Bears in the vicinity fancy a beer on Wednesday night let me know.

Do trains run from the airport to city centre? What would be the cost versus getting a taxi??

I’m arriving Thursday early afternoon, and I’ll be without a ticket. If anyone has a spare ticket or knows someone with a spare, it would be greatly appreciated if you could give me a shout!

I'm at the Radisson Blue Sobieski which is quite central, I'll be over from Wednesday to Friday.

Do trains run from the airport to city centre? What would be the cost versus getting a taxi??

What airport are you flying into? There are two

I am in the Hampton City Centre and staying over on the Thursday night. It would be good to know where bears are congregating after the match for a few beers.

I should point out I'm not in Warsaw I am up north in Gdańsk however happy to help with translations, local customs, generic Polish questions.

There are good transport links in Warsaw but I would highly recommend downloading Uber or the App Taxify. Uber is very cheap here and there is always drivers available.

For the Warsaw specific questions I'll ask my friends that live there and come back to you.

Legia certainly aren't the most violent football fans here but the hooligan culture is a lot more prominent here and they don't mess about, they actually have training sessions in MMA gyms etc so I would advise bears to watch there backs at all times.
Human filth, training sessions !
Absolute vermin.

I’ll go for a f#cking pint with you!!:))

Seriously mate give me a pm when you get over. I’d guess there will be a few fans over on Wednesday so there will maybe be a party somewhere.

Also I’m arriving Monday so I’ll let you know about taxi prices from the airport, if it’s Chopin you’re arriving at?

Is there a square or similar for us all to congregate on the Thursday?

Plac Defilad is the main square but no bars nearby and is a bus station really.

Think it would be worth Bears contacting Hard Rock Cafe which is close to the main square. Loads of room downstairs too. Always stop in when am there.

We’ve booked a return transfer for 6 from Chopin airport to our digs for about £8 each. We’re staying very close to the old town and according to google maps it’s a 6 minute journey to the stadium. Do we reckon a taxi is the best bet for getting to the stadium and back?

A guy on twitter is saying Champions sports bar located close to the Marriott hotel for a meet up,apperently doing 10% off food and beer looks a smart bar

Champions sports bar it is then:cool:
Where is the ground in relation to Chopin Airport and Champions Sports bar ?

Last edited:
I’ll go for a f#cking pint with you!!:))

Seriously mate give me a pm when you get over. I’d guess there will be a few fans over on Wednesday so there will maybe be a party somewhere.

Also I’m arriving Monday so I’ll let you know about taxi prices from the airport, if it’s Chopin you’re arriving at?

Thats brilliant mate, I fly into Chopin around 1730 so I'll pm you on the way into the city..cheers.

Might also see a lot of pretty or not so pretty ladies standing on roads, big %^*& me boots and maybe think they're looking for a lift, maybe think again. :D

Best way from the little Ryanair airport (Modlin) to city centre/stadium?

How far is stadium from the bus station?

Cheers!

I'm staying at the Intercontinental Hotel Wednesday to Saturday. Looks pretty central on map. 50 min walk to stadium apparently. Where's the sash bash gonna be?

Cheers!
Im not sure how far the stadium is from the bus station but i think i am right in saying the Legia stadium is in close proximity to the National Stadium, i was there in June.There is a big river nearby (the vistula) and tons of sidewalks with food and alcohol available, very close by is the Old Town which is very nice too.
I posted on on another thread the weather will be nice too, which is always a bonus!BBC has it at 21/22 thurs with no rain.
I wish supporters travelling a safe enjoyable trip, it is a beautiful country, the fans going will find the hosts very welcoming , as long as folk don't start acting the fool then im confident there will be few or no issues.
The return leg may be a bit different , i suspect Legia will bring some of their friends from Den Hag to Glasgow.

Cheers!

What flight you on mate?

I’ve booked a transfer and have 6 spare spaces if anyone is on the 8.45 out of Leeds/Bradford, if any bears on here are on this flight.

Last edited:

Can we crash at yours 27th of May?

A guy on twitter is saying Champions sports bar located close to the Marriott hotel for a meet up,apperently doing 10% off food and beer looks a smart bar
Been in it many times ! Food was variable, but guess that won’t be an issue for the bears ! Drink was quite expensive in there when I was last there (probably about 7 years ago now)

Noticed there’s a bar called British Bulldog Pub in the city centre next to old town. Getting our airport transfer to drop us off there. Seems a good starting point !

Was in Warsaw 2 years ago with mates and ended up in there

Decent sized pub. Not sure how far it is from the stadium as we went to a few others bar first before heading to a Legia league match

Im travelling with wife by train on Thursday got digs near old town but no ticket might use Polish wifes Psel number and book home end which are available from tomorrow. Roughest part is across river from old town Praga although i think even that has changed over the years.

Im not sure how far the stadium is from the bus station but i think i am right in saying the Legia stadium is in close proximity to the National Stadium, i was there in June.There is a big river nearby (the vistula) and tons of sidewalks with food and alcohol available, very close by is the Old Town which is very nice too.
I posted on on another thread the weather will be nice too, which is always a bonus!BBC has it at 21/22 thurs with no rain.
I wish supporters travelling a safe enjoyable trip, it is a beautiful country, the fans going will find the hosts very welcoming , as long as folk don't start acting the fool then im confident there will be few or no issues.
The return leg may be a bit different , i suspect Legia will bring some of their friends from Den Hag to Glasgow.

The hosts will be very welcoming?? I'll be honest I was expecting the exact opposite.

What flight you on mate?

I’ve booked a transfer and have 6 spare spaces if anyone is on the 8.45 out of Leeds/Bradford, if any bears on here are on this flight.

08.55 Ryanair (yes I know!) from Stansted.

Back