The Glasgow "Protestants"

Echo_1

An article posted on the Braga forum;

Rúben Amorim in Gerrard's office with a glass of wine to accompany

Técnico has the opportunity to make history in the first European game under Braga. And, in the end, he will even have VIP treatment ...

It is practically guaranteed that Rúben Amorim, this Thursday debutant at Braga's command in European competitions, will be invited to toast at the end of the game with Rangers, referring to the first leg of the 16 Europa League finals.

In case of victory, this moment will turn into a celebration with refinement, as Braga never won in Scotland (they were defeated by Hearts by 3-1, in 2004/05, and by Celtic by 1-2, in 2010 / 11), nor any other Portuguese team has so far managed to beat the Glasgow "Protestants" on their premises.

:)):))

I love it.

I'm pretty sure we've been referred as that before in other European publications.

When we last played Barcelona away Barry Ferguson was described as ‘the idol of the Protestants’ in the morning papers.

One mob are allowed to celebrate their oirish kaflic roots.
The traditional Scottish Presbyterian club are demonised just for existing.
Its our own fault,we allowed it to happen.
We sleepwalked into this nightmare.It will continue as long as we don’t stand up for ourselves.

Didn't the Stuttgart chairman make a comment along the lines of Rangers being a good Protestant club?

Rangers' visit to Baden-Württemberg this week was their third excursion to the area on Champions League business, a fact remarked upon by the Vfb Stuttgart president, Dr Erwin Staudt, when he addressed the Ibrox directors at the lunch traditionally given by the host club for their visitors on the day of the match.

"We specially welcome our friends from Glasgow with whom we are building a bond," said the affable Staudt.

"You have been here three times and we have been in Glasgow three times. We are both football clubs with long histories and passionate supporters."
The Rangers VIPS, who have had to become used to picking their way through the minefield of political correctness in recent years, nodded in agreement at these unexceptional observations.

However, they were bolt upright in their seats when the Herr Doktor went on: "And what is more, you are a Protestant club – and we also are a Protestant club."

Staudt then pointed at one his own directors and boomed: "We only employ one Catholic – and it is him!" At which the nominated director threw his hands in the air and cried out: "I am sorry! I am sorry!"

Rangers' visit to Baden-Württemberg this week was their third excursion to the area on Champions League business, a fact remarked upon by the Vfb Stuttgart president, Dr Erwin Staudt, when he addressed the Ibrox directors at the lunch traditionally given by the host club for their visitors on the day of the match.

"We specially welcome our friends from Glasgow with whom we are building a bond," said the affable Staudt.

"You have been here three times and we have been in Glasgow three times. We are both football clubs with long histories and passionate supporters."
The Rangers VIPS, who have had to become used to picking their way through the minefield of political correctness in recent years, nodded in agreement at these unexceptional observations.

However, they were bolt upright in their seats when the Herr Doktor went on: "And what is more, you are a Protestant club – and we also are a Protestant club."

Staudt then pointed at one his own directors and boomed: "We only employ one Catholic – and it is him!" At which the nominated director threw his hands in the air and cried out: "I am sorry! I am sorry!"
that is quality

#StuttgartLoyal

That’s brilliant. I had never seen that before. #StuttgartLoyal

Brilliant.
C’mon the Stuttgart.

In a Valencia programme away ,they referred to us as the Scottish protestant club.that was about 30 years ago.no malice intended. Mario Kempe's was dynamite at Ibrox. Damn papers.

I’m reporting Braga for mentioning the word Protestant. Don’t they know it’s outlawed in this country

Love it. Stuttgart are now my favourite German team along with Hamburg and Cologne :))

That’s the thing though, there might be or might not be.
You don’t know, I don’t know, very few of us know.
Ask a poet though, good chance of them knowing.

Exactly. The only people who take an interest in the religion of Rangers players is THEM, yet we are supposed to be the bigots?!

I have never seen that before! I guess Stuttgart are my German team now!

Remember that :p bantz frowned upon in Scotland.

I love it.

I'm pretty sure we've been referred as that before in other European publications.
The Bayern match programme from '89 certainly did. Still have it in a case somewhere and used to take great delight showing it to certain visitors back in the day :))

One mob are allowed to celebrate their oirish kaflic roots.
The traditional Scottish Presbyterian club are demonised just for existing.
Its our own fault,we allowed it to happen.
We sleepwalked into this nightmare.It will continue as long as we don’t stand up for ourselves.
But Rangers dont have religious roots !

Just had a quick look at The PP from Liverpool,they vigoursly opposed The Education Act 1902 making public money available to RC Schools (Rome On The Rates) fukn brilliant,that slogan needs bringing back.

The Bayern match programme from '89 certainly did. Still have it in a case somewhere and used to take great delight showing it to certain visitors back in the day :))
Cologne in 88 or 89 also in their programme in the Müngersdorfer referred to us as Protestants who dont sign Catholics.

Back