The Goldson booking

He was late and high. Caught the player and was nowhere near the ball. That challenge on Kent or Morelos as they're trying to get a ball and take it away from a defender and we're demanding a red.

If you're a Gers fan then you want yellow. Objectively if it had been red then there could have been no complaints.

It was a booking, would have been a very harsh red. Must put him one booking away from suspension as he was also carded in the qualifiers which is a concern with no Helander.

Lol yeah mate, pulling someone’s shirt is exactly the same as going in late with a waist high challenge.

i was merely talking about the cynical nature of it ffs.

Clearly I know the difference between a waist high tackle and a shirt pull

Laughable that people think it was red.

There wasn’t extreme force.

Goldson wasn’t out of control.

He knew he was done and commited a cynical foul.

Much the same as Chiellini shirt pull

Last edited:
i was merely talking about the cynical nature of it ffs.

Clearly I know the difference between a waist high tackle and a shirt pull

Laughable that people think it was red.

There wasn’t extreme force.

Goldson wasn’t out of control.

He knew he was done and commited a cynical foul.

Much the same as Chiellini shirt pull

He wasn’t out of control? His boot was waist high and he was well late. Watch it back without the blue specs.

I can't help thinking - we've seen red cards dished out for a lot less

It looked 'spectacular' - in that if CG had made fuller contact - the Lyon player could so easily have suffered serious injury - so it was dangerous IMO

As it was CG didn't make full contact that I can see - no matter how many times I replay it - & I'm not even sure he hurts the guy - or at least not to the extent he originally makes out

A yellow probably was fair - but how often do we get fair decisions ? So I'm happy to take it - but I wouldn't be able to argue with conviction- if it had been a red

That's not really how it works though.
I know it’s not how it works. Different refs interpret the rules different etc.

All I was saying at the time is I will be raging if Goldson received a different punishment to the same tackle made less than 24 hours before. But in the end he didn’t so no harm done.

Was certain of the dreaded rolling of the physios arms towards the bench after the challenge the way he went down holding his knee

It was a shocking tackle and he was very lucky to get away with a yellow. As soon as the guy turned to run at him it was clear he had no intentions of running with him and was just going to empty him instead. A really poor challenge and he almost injured himself doing it. Bizarre.

On another thread, there seems to be a thinking that the fouled player knows if it should be a red or yellow card that’s issued to the fouler.
Maybe we should ask the Lyon player what the correct decision should be.
As bizarre an idea as that is to me, I’m told that 85% don’t agree with me!

I though it was red . The easy test is to ask yourself what you would have been calling for had a Lyon player done that to a Rangers player. No idea why he had to go in so high.

The worst decision of the night was the one where Scott Wright was penalised. You often hear players say I never touched him but I don't think I have ever seen a worse dive. The player had already decided that Wright would probably put a hand on him or try and nick the ball from behind and had started to go down.

Back