Archive Season 2022/23 - The Great Big Bumper Thread of RangersTV Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was the email I contacted, doesn’t give you much confidence in the operation
Oh well. I'd persevere with those guys, since that's not the Rangers end of the operation, its the company that runs it - big operation.:( The obvious question would be, if your payment failed - for whatever reason - why have you not had contact advising you of that?

Alternative is maybe to wait, since your Account is still Active, and let it run until the next payment is due and hope that one goes through alright and you get a free month. Carries the risk, of course, that if it doesn't work then they tell you the only option is to cancel/restart.

I'd be inclined to persevere with them and push them to sort it out. There's no issue at you or your bank's end so its up to streamamg to resolve it at their end and continue you the sub on Legacy terms. They can surely try to take the DD again? Maybe offer an ad hoc payment over the phone in lieu of the failed DD if they care to contact you?

Reactions: BWO
Oh well. I'd persevere with those guys, since that's not the Rangers end of the operation, its the company that runs it - big operation.:( The obvious question would be, if your payment failed - for whatever reason - why have you not had contact advising you of that?

Alternative is maybe to wait, since your Account is still Active, and let it run until the next payment is due and hope that one goes through alright and you get a free month. Carries the risk, of course, that if it doesn't work then they tell you the only option is to cancel/restart.

I'd be inclined to persevere with them and push them to sort it out. There's no issue at you or your bank's end so its up to streamamg to resolve it at their end and continue you the sub on Legacy terms. They can surely try to take the DD again? Maybe offer an ad hoc payment over the phone in lieu of the failed DD if they care to contact you?

The payment hasn’t failed, I just noticed they hadn’t taken it yet. It’s never later than the 9th so thought it was weird. Hopefully it will still go through.
FYI it’s not a direct debit, it’s just a card payment.

The payment hasn’t failed, I just noticed they hadn’t taken it yet. It’s never later than the 9th so thought it was weird. Hopefully it will still go through.
FYI it’s not a direct debit, it’s just a card payment.
My mistake, of course it is. Same as mine.

My online banking (with Santander) doesn't show 'pending' card transactions - but if I use the banking App it does. You've probably checked that already though.

They can surely try to take the card payment again though? They must get lots of failed card payments across their business (they do a lot more than Rangers) every month and the obvious thing would be for them to make a second attempt at taking the payment (or a first attempt if their systems have failed to ask for it initially).

Reactions: BWO
My mistake, of course it is. Same as mine.

My online banking (with Santander) doesn't show 'pending' card transactions - but if I use the banking App it does. You've probably checked that already though.

They can surely try to take the card payment again though? They must get lots of failed card payments across their business (they do a lot more than Rangers) every month and the obvious thing would be for them to make a second attempt at taking the payment (or a first attempt if their systems have failed to ask for it initially).

I tried a few times last year to change my method of payment to PayPal but it shat the bed each time I tried to do it. The club’s web presence is just one ball ache after another.

Wee bump for this, though it might get lost in the transfer stuff - if it happens - this afternoon.

Blackpool match available on RangersTV. See details in the OP.

100% Echo This

Guy is Fantastic and helped 100’s of bears
That will be a big, fat 'No Thank You' from me ha ha.

The Admin on here do a great job, despite the grief they get every transfer window about the transfer thread! I couldn't cope, I'd end up banning myself.:))

Thanks for the vote of confidence just the same. Appreciated.

Can you put the rtv app on a fire Stick?

Spent about two hours last night struggling to get it on.
Sadly the answer is NO. Unless you have the new 4kMAX Fire TV Stick. Seems it will sideload on that. Won't work on any of the others though, even the older 4k stick.

Best just to use the website. Works fine for live streams. Videos are impossible though without a lot of faff.

Sadly the answer is NO. Unless you have the new 4kMAX Fire TV Stick. Seems it will sideload on that. Won't work on any of the others though, even the older 4k stick.

Best just to use the website. Works fine for live streams. Videos are impossible though without a lot of faff.
So can I watch it via the silk browser on the stick?

ok just bought the blackpool game, how do I find it on the site and get into it? or do I have to wait till nearer kick off?

ok just bought the blackpool game, how do I find it on the site and get into it? or do I have to wait till nearer kick off?
Where it currently says Subscribe on a blue button on the RangersTV Home page a further button will appear - in yellow and saying Watch Live. Normally appears between 45-60 minutes before kick-off.

Some reflections.
I have a season ticket. I am also a MyGers member. I wish to purchase an unlimited RTV subscription. When I go to payments, there is currently no option to include MyGers number.
I was hoping that by including MyGers number I may be able to do two issues at once: (i) automatically apply the 40 points bonus for MyGers; (ii) I may be able to receive a 10 per cent reduction. However, I am aware that the 10 per cent reduction may only apply to a ’standard annual subscription’. I’m not sure if an unlimited RTV subscription is offering the same 10 per cent reduction for MyGers members. What is your view, VB?

I sent an email to RTV. The reply was disingenuous. It stated that I need to email the ticket centre in order to claim a voucher code to receive the 10 per cent MyGers discount. The email was sent by Stream UK Media Services.

I then received a separate email from Rangers TV support detailing how to subscribe, but no information on to how to link MyGers and RTV, questions that I had asked in my email.

All quite baffling for what should be a simple process. Clearly, there are several systems running in parallel but not inter-linked. Equally, I rarely receive an email from RTV that specifically address my questions. It appears that the algorithm simply sends out a standard reply. I suspect I shall simply pay the £240 and be done with it. The unlimited subscription does make life easier if I can’t make the match without having to fuss with monthly subscriptions. The added incentive of 40 MyGers points is excellent.

Anyone know if the match will be available to watch later on? I'm going to a wedding shortly so I'll miss the live broadcast :(

Some reflections.
I have a season ticket. I am also a MyGers member. I wish to purchase an unlimited RTV subscription. When I go to payments, there is currently no option to include MyGers number.
I was hoping that by including MyGers number I may be able to do two issues at once: (i) automatically apply the 40 points bonus for MyGers; (ii) I may be able to receive a 10 per cent reduction. However, I am aware that the 10 per cent reduction may only apply to a ’standard annual subscription’. I’m not sure if an unlimited RTV subscription is offering the same 10 per cent reduction for MyGers members. What is your view, VB?

I sent an email to RTV. The reply was disingenuous. It stated that I need to email the ticket centre in order to claim a voucher code to receive the 10 per cent MyGers discount. The email was sent by Stream UK Media Services.

I then received a separate email from Rangers TV support detailing how to subscribe, but no information on to how to link MyGers and RTV, questions that I had asked in my email.

All quite baffling for what should be a simple process. Clearly, there are several systems running in parallel but not inter-linked. Equally, I rarely receive an email from RTV that specifically address my questions. It appears that the algorithm simply sends out a standard reply. I suspect I shall simply pay the £240 and be done with it. The unlimited subscription does make life easier if I can’t make the match without having to fuss with monthly subscriptions. The added incentive of 40 MyGers points is excellent.
See post #1443. It should be picked up by the login details these days, as the box to insert your Rangers Number has gone. That's a bit hit and miss though, so I would email mygers@rangers.co.uk as suggested in that email and do whatever they ask. That will get you your MyGers points - but not until the October update.

Note the MyGers points are only available for Annual subscriptions, not Monthly. 25 for Standard and 40 for Unlimited.

You will need to use a VPN (if you're in the UK) in order to see the Unlimited (overseas) subscription available to purchase.

One the discount, it can be had for NEW subscriptions only and ONLY applies to the UK Standard subscription, not the Unlimited (overseas) one. From the FAQ:

How can I redeem my 30 days free trial and 10% off an annual RTV standard subscription discount?

The details of how to obtain your 30 days free trial and subsequent discount will be contained within the welcome email you will receive from the Club. MyGers Members will receive this email within 24 hours of receiving their payment confirmation email.

If you have not received a copy of the Welcome E-mail, please e-mail the team at mygers@rangers.co.uk who will be happy to provide you with the discounted link.

Please note that to use the offer, MyGers Members must create an account with RTV. During registration, you will be asked to enter your Rangers Number.

This benefit is available to new RTV subscriptions only and cannot be applied to current subscriptions.

Just getting a blue spinnnng circle on silk . Looks like laptop loyal for me .
Might be router too far from Fire TV Stick mate. Could be as simple as that.

Laptop/HDMI - if you have one - is always the optimal solution as far as I'm concerned, if you want it on a big screen.

Wrong password? Using autofill for the Password instead of typing it in? Remember, your RTV login details may not be the same as your Tickets login details unless you set it up that way.

No the website is fucked, gateway error.

Watching a dodgy stream now since Rangers don’t want my money, shambles as usual

Rtv unlimited for years and, like many others, cannot get logged on today. Not often I have had issues with Rtv to be fair but hey ho.

Seems it is just going the same way as everything alse about our club's various services. Not coincidental but totally fucking useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back