Archive Season 2022/23 - The Great Big Bumper Thread of RangersTV Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it a first went to put on my Apple TV something went wrong now only getting gateway time out, why is RTV such a poor experience .

Dunno if this will help any users of Samsung TVs who are having problems accessing the RangersTV Home page via the TV sets browser and having it crash almost immediately.

I've seen a couple of reports indicating that the solution below, posted by our man @das has resolved the issue. No guarantees but worth a go if you are having problems. If it 'kills' your TV contact @das ;):)):

Mine did that, so I did a manual update by USB as the auto update on the TV said that there were no updates. It seems to work fine now.

You have to find the latest update for your TV on the Samsung website, in downloads, and save it to USB. Then plug the USB into the TV and hit update. After that my Samsung TV seemed to work with the RTV site again.

Last edited:
Dunno if this will help any users of Samsung TVs who are having problems accessing the RangersTV Home page via the TV sets browser but having it crash almost immediately.

I've seen a couple of reports indicating that the solution below, posted by our man @das has resolved the issue. No guarantees but worth a go if you are having issues:

Mine did that, so I did a manual update by USB as the auto update on the TV said that there were no updates. It seems to work fine now.

You have to find the latest update for your TV on the Samsung website, in downloads, and save it to USB. Then plug the USB into the TV and hit update. After that my Samsung TV seemed to work with the RTV site again.
The man is a hero. :)

Login to the site not working for me, think my annual subscription runs out at end of the month. Been fantastic value for the number of live games

Login to the site not working for me, think my annual subscription runs out at end of the month. Been fantastic value for the number of live games
I was on via desktop this afternoon and have just tried via iPad and had no issues logging in. There was an issue for about 20 minutes on Saturday though.

If it doesn’t work next time you try - be sure to type in details rather than use an auto fill for your password - then try clearing cache/cookies, closing browser and trying again.

If that fails maybe try on a different device.

Have been logging in looking to pay for tomorrow’s game but it doesn’t seem to be available.

When shouldn’t be?
As per OP. Do NOT login first. Just go to RangersTV Home page and click on Subscribe next to tomorrows game. Alternatively, use this link. Do NOT login first though, purchase will take you through login process.

As per OP. Do NOT login first. Just go to RangersTV Home page and click on Subscribe next to tomorrows game. Alternatively, use this link. Do NOT login first though, purchase will take you through login process.

Will try on the laptop tomorrow and see. The unlimited option wasn't showing on the buying link but had forgot to quickly visit Holland.

Hey folks, for Sunderland and now tonight it seems i cant get it to play using the cast to chomecast from iPad to tele? Also tried a third part app can get other RTV content to cast but not the live programme?
any ideas? Not been an issue before

I’ve taken the annual RTV sub but I only have the listen live options in the app and site, both on the iPad, do I need to buy this match separately?

I’ve taken the annual RTV sub but I only have the listen live options in the app and site, both on the iPad, do I need to buy this match separately?
Live matches are only included in the overseas Unlimited (£240) subscription mate. If you have the Standard (£60) then you need to buy the match.

Worth sticking this in here again for anyone who is struggling and who happens to have a Samsung TV. Looks like a manual update might be required because the auto-update isn't picking it up.

@Valley Bluenose I resolved my RTV issue. Someone who can speak English emailed me to say they had to cancel my subscription but they honoured the pricing on a new subscription so all good now.
Paying with PayPal now so cards shouldn’t be an issue either going forward

@Valley Bluenose I resolved my RTV issue. Someone who can speak English emailed me to say they had to cancel my subscription but they honoured the pricing on a new subscription so all good now.
Paying with PayPal now so cards shouldn’t be an issue either going forward
Brilliant mate. Glad you got sorted and the status quo remains. You know what, I can’t even remember ever updating my card but it’s still working. Current card runs out this year so I hope I remember to update ha ha.

Had forgotten i had changed my card last season so my subscription didn't renew last week and cancelled. Have just taken it back out. Will the MyGers points get added or do I need to put in my rangers number anywhere?

It was all done through the same account as always.

Had forgotten i had changed my card last season so my subscription didn't renew last week and cancelled. Have just taken it back out. Will the MyGers points get added or do I need to put in my rangers number anywhere?

It was all done through the same account as always.
A question that comes up frequently. It 'should' be picked up from your login - but in truth we have no definitive answer. The safe way is to email MyGers. Points will not be added until October update as far as I can tell, as its a manual process.

See post #1472 for a wee bit more background on what another poster had to do.

Last edited:
All plaudits to Valley Bluenose who tries to sort out all the stuff the rest of us don't understand. I have a fully paid subscription, live abroad so nothing remotely "dodgy" about my account. It's pretty depressing that so much about the RTV service is so bad. I feel loyalty to Rangers and want to do my bit to help the club but they offer no service whatsoever. The money is automatically taken off my cc every year and imo the product just gets worse. The issues I'm faced with now are 1) the RTV website doesn't offer highlights any more, "videos coming soon" and 2) no possibility to cast via my iPhone. These issues weren't there previously but have just cropped up since the start of the season. I've emailed RTV but I'd be as well asking my 14 month old labrador what I should do as he would at least have a sniff and bark at the modem. The helpdesk at RTV do not respond to any queries whatsoever. VB is our only hope folks. Rangers please get your act together here: I am one of many who pay out of love for the club but do not get that back.

All plaudits to Valley Bluenose who tries to sort out all the stuff the rest of us don't understand. I have a fully paid subscription, live abroad so nothing remotely "dodgy" about my account. It's pretty depressing that so much about the RTV service is so bad. I feel loyalty to Rangers and want to do my bit to help the club but they offer no service whatsoever. The money is automatically taken off my cc every year and imo the product just gets worse. The issues I'm faced with now are 1) the RTV website doesn't offer highlights any more, "videos coming soon" and 2) no possibility to cast via my iPhone. These issues weren't there previously but have just cropped up since the start of the season. I've emailed RTV but I'd be as well asking my 14 month old labrador what I should do as he would at least have a sniff and bark at the modem. The helpdesk at RTV do not respond to any queries whatsoever. VB is our only hope folks. Rangers please get your act together here: I am one of many who pay out of love for the club but do not get that back.
Can’t help you with the casting mate as I’ve no idea on that.

For videos, they DO still do them. They are all there. Sounds to me like you are clicking on the link for each match where they previously put all the pre-match interviews, full match, highlights, and post-match interviews. Don’t. For anything at all on RangersTV the simple, easy option is to scroll down to the section headed Latest Videos. If necessary click on the words All Videos on the right to expand it. That way, you will find all videos listed in upload order. All the highlights, full matches, goals, interviews, Away Days, Inside Ibrox are all there in all their glory. All in the order they were uploaded.

Last edited:

I actually cast the Blackpool game from the RTV App on my iPhone8 (yeh I know, it's old - but still works) to my 60" LG TV.
Old Fart, so surprised myself first time trying - but it worked, across the pond ;) :cool:

I see Premier Sports has the St Gilloise away game. Is it only the UK rights they have?
Will I be able to buy it on RTV and watch it if I am abroad?
Early Bird Loyal

So casting won’t work from any Apple device. I’ve tried from the app on both my iPad and iPhone and it just has a spinning wheel, even though the option is there. When trying on the browser then it doesn’t work as there is no casting option, even through google chrome. It had been working before, so not sure why it won’t work now.

I see Premier Sports has the St Gilloise away game. Is it only the UK rights they have?
Will I be able to buy it on RTV and watch it if I am abroad?
Early Bird Loyal
Aye, your way too early.:) I'd say it will almost certainly be on RangersTV for overseas viewers or those who can appear overseas via use of a VPN.

So casting won’t work from any Apple device. I’ve tried from the app on both my iPad and iPhone and it just has a spinning wheel, even though the option is there. When trying on the browser then it doesn’t work as there is no casting option, even through google chrome. It had been working before, so not sure why it won’t work now.
I don't cast so can't really help on this one. However, I note a couple of posters above saying they struggled to cast to AppleTV but were able to cast direct to the TV. Might be worth a go if you've been going down the AppleTV route. Though that might require the TV to be AirPlay compatible and not too many are. If using Chromecast I will leave it to others to advise.

There's third party Apps that can help screen mirror your Apple device as well. AirBeam is one I've seen mentioned. Their website has instructions for various TV makes.

I never recommend trying to use the TV Browser as they are generally crap. It is another option though, at least for todays match where no VPN is required.

Finally, if using a Samsung SmartTV it seems you may need a manual update as the last one isn't being picked up automatically. If so, see the guidance in post #1508 above.

Last edited:
Apologies if already covered but does anyone know if today’s game will be on demand tonight/tomorrow? Cheers.
Most games are available from around midnight on the day of the game. Be aware though that they are initially in very poor quality, something like 480p. I'd suggest waiting until around lunchtime the next day if you want a decent picture - unless you are viewing on a phone screen or something of that size.

I don't cast so can't really help on this one. However, I note a couple of posters above saying they struggled to cast to AppleTV but were able to cast direct to the TV. Might be worth a go if you've been going down the AppleTV route. Though that might require the TV to be AirPlay compatible and not too many are. If using Chromecast I will leave it to others to advise.

Finally, if using a Samsung SmartTV it seems you may need a manual update as the last one isn't being picked up automatically. If so, see the guidance in post #1508 above.

It’s a google chrome cast we have. It works fine from an android phone, just nothing Apple seems to work. Will keep trying incase it’s something we are doing wrong.

It’s a google chrome cast we have. It works fine from an android phone, just nothing Apple seems to work. Will keep trying incase it’s something we are doing wrong.
I've a vague recollection of reading that when using an Apple device and Chromecast you need to use Chrome browser and cast the entire tab. However, when reading this link below it seems to suggest you can still do that on Android but it doesn't work on iPhone/iPad. Maybe that has changed in recent time? Use the tabs in the article to select device.

Most games are available from around midnight on the day of the game. Be aware though that they are initially in very poor quality, something like 480p. I'd suggest waiting until around lunchtime the next day if you want a decent picture - unless you are viewing on a phone screen or something of that size.
Thanks so much, mate. Up hiking and couldn’t see that on the RTV site.

@Valley Bluenose

Sorry i seem to keep pestering you

Im in Gran Canaria now with a bunch of bears

I bought the 3 match friendly package and it's showing as subscripton paid

but when i sign in on this link

I cant and couldn't watch the full game highlights of westham, the highlights show subscription only or "videos comng soon" on the last 2 friendly's. I tried like you suggested at after midnight and the Hammers game never appeared i tried all day the next day and still no sign, i had to watch a 5 minute highlights on youtube from some west ham channel very frustrating

im not using a vpn im genuinely in the canaries something just doesn't seem right

were in the bar waiting on he game god only hope it works

i cant see anything at all ive done wrong and undermy trv profile the 3 game package is showing as paid

Very Strange!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back