Archive Season 2022/23 - The Great Big Bumper Thread of RangersTV Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got 1gb broadband, running through a VPN though. Is there anyway to make RTV run 'smoother' - my streams are always a bit jerky, for want of the proper technical term. Not buffering- i dont miss bits because of it - but it's not like watching it on the telly. Running SkyGo or Virgin player on the laptop runs smoothly - is RTV just not as good quality?

I've got 1gb broadband, running through a VPN though. Is there anyway to make RTV run 'smoother' - my streams are always a bit jerky, for want of the proper technical term. Not buffering- i dont miss bits because of it - but it's not like watching it on the telly. Running SkyGo or Virgin player on the laptop runs smoothly - is RTV just not as good quality?
I only have circa 55Mbps mate and its smooth for me. Using NordVPN. Are you using one of the 'better' VPNs? Also, try clicking on the Settings cog in the bottom right and changing from Auto to 1080p - or even lower - to see if it helps.

That's on a desktop. If on a TV browser then the browser will be your problem.

I only have circa 55Mbps mate and its smooth for me. Using NordVPN. Are you using one of the 'better' VPNs? Also, try clicking on the Settings cog in the bottom right and changing from Auto to 1080p - or even lower - to see if it helps.

That's on a desktop. If on a TV browser then the browser will be your problem.
Thanks mate for info, using Surfshark on recent Macbook.

Thanks mate for info, using Surfshark on recent Macbook.
Did any of the suggested tweaks make any difference? Also, from other posts (on a different thread), it seems we are back to where you can switch off the VPN and the stream will continue playing. We've not been able to do that for a couple of years now but I switched off my VPN on the final whistle and its still playing 5 minutes later so looking good. Worth bearing in mind. I will experiment more at the weekend.

I watched it on a fire stick.

Got three 4g lte broadband using Surfshark vpn.

Only buffered once for ten seconds in the first half .

Valley Bluenose. :)

I just read on the match thread that 3 day passes purchased on Wednesday should be valid for the game today?

Anyhow, I couldn't remember what time on Wednesday I purchased the stream so I trawled through the "history" feature on Chrome. Alas, I purchased around 3.50pm so I'm guessing that I'll get cut off at the end of the 1st half? If I book the game at that time do you think I'll get connected quick enough to make it worthwhile or should I just hope for 3 goals in thread 1st half and chill?

If I had an option to pay for the game just now then I would, however, that option doesn't show at present.

Valley Bluenose. :)

I just read on the match thread that 3 day passes purchased on Wednesday should be valid for the game today?

Anyhow, I couldn't remember what time on Wednesday I purchased the stream so I trawled through the "history" feature on Chrome. Alas, I purchased around 3.50pm so I'm guessing that I'll get cut off at the end of the 1st half? If I book the game at that time do you think I'll get connected quick enough to make it worthwhile or should I just hope for 3 goals in thread 1st half and chill?

If I had an option to pay for the game just now then I would, however, that option doesn't show at present.
I've been told, in writing, from RangersTV Support in the past that it runs for 72 hours. Could chance you arm and hope for the best and that it just keeps on playing since you are connected. I really have no idea.

As for buying at half time if your stream 'dies' on you I'd say it would probably take 5-10 minutes to go through maybe. The peak rush will be over by then.

The 3 Day Unlimited Pass that covers from today for 72 hours IS available to buy if you want to be sure. Remember though, you need your VPN on and do NOT login before trying to buy. The purchase process will take you through login. Just VPN on, refresh the page then click on Subscribe and it should be there.

I've been told, in writing, from RangersTV Support in the past that it runs for 72 hours. Could chance you arm and hope for the best and that it just keeps on playing since you are connected. I really have no idea.

As for buying at half time if your stream 'dies' on you I'd say it would probably take 5-10 minutes to go through maybe. The peak rush will be over by then.

The 3 Day Unlimited Pass that covers from today for 72 hours IS available to buy if you want to be sure. Remember though, you need your VPN on and do NOT login before trying to buy. The purchase process will take you through login. Just VPN on, refresh the page then click on Subscribe and it should be there.
Thanks VB. As I said I don't have the option to buy at the moment from Belgium, but if necessary I'll try if I'm kicked out.

Thanks for your help (again):))

Thanks VB. As I said I don't have the option to buy at the moment from Belgium, but if necessary I'll try if I'm kicked out.

Thanks for your help (again):))
No probs. You should be seeing the option to buy though. Are you on a mobile device by any chance? It might be hanging on to UK network. Try switching mobile data off and connect via wifi. Alternatively clear cache/cookies. It should definitely be showing.

No probs. You should be seeing the option to buy though. Are you on a mobile device by any chance? It might be hanging on to UK network. Try switching mobile data off and connect via wifi. Alternatively clear cache/cookies. It should definitely be showing.
I'm using a laptop with a VPN. The game is now showing with the "Watch Live " banner so I'm guessing that it'll start ok, just depends on when it cuts out. Definitely no option to purchase at the moment :)

I'm using a laptop with a VPN. The game is now showing with the "Watch Live " banner so I'm guessing that it'll start ok, just depends on when it cuts out. Definitely no option to purchase at the moment :)
Coverage starts at 1430hrs. Click on Watch Live and it will take you to the countdown screen with the team badges.

No idea why you don't see the game offered for purchase. I'm guessing it might not show if you were logged in, as Wednesdays pass is still live, but you should have been able to see if if you didn't login, as I suggested you try earlier.

Either way, hopefully you get the full show on the back on Wednesdays purchase.

Coverage starts at 1430hrs. Click on Watch Live and it will take you to the countdown screen with the team badges.

No idea why you don't see the game offered for purchase. I'm guessing it might not show if you were logged in, as Wednesdays pass is still live, but you should have been able to see if if you didn't login, as I suggested you try earlier.

Either way, hopefully you get the full show on the back on Wednesdays purchase.
Lasted the whole game. I wonder if it stays on until I switch off/Logout? :D

Lasted the whole game. I wonder if it stays on until I switch off/Logout? :D
Yup, still going for me. Don't wanna Refresh though ha ha. Flawless stream, once again.

EDIT: Tried a Refresh just before it went off and I got the 'not available in certain countries' warning. Moral of the story, if you switch the VPN off do NOT Refresh at any point or you will need to go through login again with the VPN on.

My RTV is garbage today, constant buffering. Changed locations the lot, first time it's been this bad for me.

My RTV is garbage today, constant buffering. Changed locations the lot, first time it's been this bad for me.
One thing worth noting - in recent weeks it has, once again, been possible to switch off your VPN after the stream has started and it will continue playing. We weren't able to do that for the best part of 2 years but it seems to work again now.

One thing worth noting - in recent weeks it has, once again, been possible to switch off your VPN after the stream has started and it will continue playing. We weren't able to do that for the best part of 2 years but it seems to work again now.
I'll give that a go if it happens again VB, cheers mate.

The payment system is fucked.That’s twice in a couple of weeks they have taken 2payments from me for the 3day pass.

Can I cast the game from my phone?
Casting on Android doesn't appear to work. Slightly better chance on Apple. On Android your best bet is to cast a tab in Google Chrome. Avoid the App like the plague and use the RTV website.

Can find how to do it by Googling.

Casting on Android doesn't appear to work. Slightly better chance on Apple. On Android your best bet is to cast a tab in Google Chrome. Avoid the App like the plague and use the RTV website.

Can find how to do it by Googling.
Cheers once again VB.

I’ve stuck Nord on my iPhone and purchased the 3 day package - will see if I can get it to work on Chromecaster.

Cheers once again VB.

I’ve stuck Nord on my iPhone and purchased the 3 day package - will see if I can get it to work on Chromecaster.
I'm not sure if you can cast a tab to Chromecast from an iPhone mate. Hopefully someone else can clarify as casting isn't something I do.

Reading down this page it looks like a no-no. Its a bit vague though as it says you can cast media but not cast a tab.

This link, on the other hand, suggests that you can cast from iPhone to Chromecast. Maybe there's been a recent change preventing it?

Last edited:
I'm not sure if you can cast a tab to Chromecast from an iPhone mate. Hopefully someone else can clarify as casting isn't something I do.

Reading down this page it looks like a no-no. Its a bit vague though as it says you can cast media but not cast a tab.

It should be fine mate.

I always cast Viaplay from my phone so I should be able to figure it out somehow.

Thanks again.

I purchased a 6 month package yesterday for RTV and I have Nord VPN but when I go to buy the Livingston game all I can find is the same page I purchased the 6 month package. Nowhere can I find the option to buy the game.

I purchased a 6 month package yesterday for RTV and I have Nord VPN but when I go to buy the Livingston game all I can find is the same page I purchased the 6 month package. Nowhere can I find the option to buy the game.
VPN on and set to a location such as France. Go to the link below. Do NOT login to RangersTV, the purchase process will take you through login.

You should see offered a 3 Day Unlimited package for £9.99. That gets you the game and three days access to RangersTV. You didn't actually need the 6 month subscription (unless you plan to watch stuff like Away Days etc) as that doesn't get live games.

If you do not see that then your VPN location hasn't registered properly. Try switching to an alternative location such as Belgium.

If you still don't see it then clear cache/cookies and then try again.

All in the OP of this thread by the way.

Be gentle with me!
I purchased the 3 day unlimited package but still no access to the game. The VPN was switched on and I have switched locations and I don't know how to clear cache/cookies.

Be gentle with me!
I purchased the 3 day unlimited package but still no access to the game. The VPN was switched on and I have switched locations and I don't know how to clear cache/cookies.
No worries mate. So, after your last message you were able to get in and purchase the 3 Day Unlimited package?

If so, thats all you need to do for now. About 45-60 minutes before kick-off on the Home Page of RangersTV a red box will appear saying Watch Live. When it does, click on that and take it from there.

Come back and ask as many questions as you need to.

Be gentle with me!
Sometimes isn't accessible until about 50 mins before the game

I'm only getting a month subscription at £24 or an annual one at £220

As well as the 3 domestic packages.

Anyone know why the 3 day package might not be available?

Its there. Make sure you do NOT login before trying to buy. Purchase process will take you through login.

Your help is very much appreciated, thank you. Old age is a bugger.!
The Watch Live button is there now mate. Click on that and it will take you to a screen showing club crests and a countdown timer in the lower right. Moving pictures due at 1435hrs.

Remember, to unmute you need to either expand to Full Screen on roll over the top left of the picture to reveal the Unmute button and click on it.

Cheers @Valley Bluenose my first time using a VPN today for a game and your guide helped me get it sorted no problem.
Good to hear.

A wee reminder for everyone. In recent weeks we have been able to switch off the VPN after the stream loads and it will continue playing. Can't guarantee that will work again today (they had stopped it for a couple of years until recently) but its worth bearing in mind as it will improve your download speed. If it doesn't work just reload the VPN and start again.

I'm the same. If I click on 'buy match pass' I'm getting the option of a 1, 6 or 12 month subscription (which I already have!). Currently in Holland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back