Archive Season 2022/23 - The Great Big Bumper Thread of RangersTV Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valley Bluenose

RTV? Completed it mate!
The TSG Hoffenheim v Rangers match on Saturday (29 Jul 23, 1430hrs) will be available for purchase from RangersTV. The match will be available within the UK. Cost will be £6.99. You will see the offer of a 2 match package rather than the individual match. That’s fine, as it represents even better value, with access to both remaining friendlies for £11.99. The match is available to Unlimited subscribers as part of their subscription package.

Clubs are permitted to screen just 5 Home matches per season within the UK, following two seasons of the rule regarding this being suspended due to Covid. So far we've had three, (Hearts, Motherwell and Aberdeen) and that will be our lot, given the Hearts game on 24 May is on Sky Sports.

Do NOT Login before attempting to purchase the match. The purchase process will take you through Login. The first link below will take you to the purchase page. You need to be overseas or ‘overseas’ via a VPN to see the game offered for purchase.

NOTE: RangersTV purchases have to be made via the website NOT the App.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New season, 2022/23, so time for a ‘refresh’ on how to make it all work. All instructions below are for desktop/laptop. Whatever device you use for your viewing, I’d recommend using the website rather than the (poor) App. That’s not always possible if you want to cast though. Using a TV browser is at your own risk, many are not up to the task. I still can’t get the App to launch on Fire TV Stick either but Silk browser works for me.

1. Whilst some games are available on Sky Sports or Premier Sports (Domestic cups) those – the majority hopefully – who want to give their money to the Club can view it on RangersTV provided you are overseas or have access to a VPN to make it appear you are overseas. I won’t go into what a VPN is too much because we’ve covered it often but if anybody wants more info just ask. Note: BTSport have exclusive coverage of European group stages and beyond and these cannot be shown on RangersTV.

2. If using a VPN, I would always recommend a good quality paid-for VPN. The Club have links with NordVPN and they are as good as it gets, especially if you are going to be using it long-term. There are others out there. For a one-off use there are options such as Opera, which is free, but they tend to have drawbacks. Any VPN will slow down your connection and can lead to buffering. A free/cheap VPN will generally slow it down more than a good quality one such as NordVPN. A discount deal may, or may not, be available from the Rangers/NordVPN affiliate link below.

Buying the Match

3. If you don’t have the Unlimited (overseas) subscription then you need to PPV. You can only purchase matches via the website and not via the App. Apple/Google get a 20%+ slice of the pie for in-App purchases so it’s not viable for the club.

4. Switch on your VPN and set it to a location overseas. Ideally select a location near to the UK. France, Belgium, The Netherlands are all favourites of mine. These will generally have lower latency that areas further afield, i.e. they will be ‘quicker’.

5. To check that its worked, if you want to, click on the following link. It should show you as located in the country of your choice, though not necessarily your precise location.

What Is My IP Address - See Your Public Address - IPv4 & IPv6

6. Go to the RangersTV Home page. Do NOT login. Click on any button that says Subscribe or Buy Match Pass. This will bring up a page of options available for purchase by overseas users. This will include the upcoming game. Click to purchase the game and the purchase process will take you through Login as part of the payment process. Don’t worry about any messages regarding an existing subscription just click through them (unless you actually have Unlimited LOL). You do not need a UK address or UK bank details to purchase. Once your purchase is made you can relax and wait until about an hour before kick-off time.

Viewing the Match

7. If you have turned it off, go back and turn on your VPN and set it to your location of choice (France, Belgium etc). Normally, around 1 hour before the match (though sometimes it’s much less) the Watch Live button will appear on the RangersTV Home page.

8. Go to the RangersTV Home page (with your VPN set to overseas) and Login. When the Watch Live button appears (sometimes it goes red) click on it. If the stream is ‘live’ you will normally get the placeholder page for Erskine from about 1 hour before kick-off. ‘Moving pictures’ generally appear about half an hour before kick-off, though this can vary. If you cannot find the game, scroll down to the section headed RangersTV Latest and the game should appear in there. If you’re not seeing the Watch Live button - and are sure your VPN is working properly - maybe try logging out, clear cache/cookies the login and try again. In extremis, try rebooting your device.

9. To make sure you get sound, either roll your mouse over the top left-hand corner of the video window and click on Unmute when it appears – or simply go to the Enlarge icon in the bottom right and go Full Screen, which will unmute automatically.

10. At this stage, to help reduce any buffering, I’d also click on the Settings icon in the bottom right of the video panel and change it from Auto to 1080P. If you encounter buffering after this then try dropping it down another step to see if it helps. In extreme times, Tranmere game was one, the stream became unwatchable due to buffering. In that instance I pulled the bottom slider bar back by roughly 2 minutes and pressed Play. No more buffering but, of course, I was a few minutes behind ‘live’. Hopefully we never need to do that again.

11. Keep an eye on FollowFollow. Generally, someone will post ‘live now’ or ‘moving pictures’ or similar. If your screen doesn’t reflect that then simply Refresh your browser.

One final point, please, please make sure you do not login on more than 1 device at a time. If you do, you risk having your Account blocked and will need to go down the Forgotten Password route. If you are in the habit of leaving yourself logged in of the App, for example, make sure you logout of the App before trying to login via your browser. When done watching, logout and turn off your VPN.

That’s it. Happy viewing!

I generally pick up on any threads/posts on RangersTV issues and try and help out (I’m nothing to do with RangersTV by the way). If I can’t get on for whatever reason, there are plenty others on hand, many with more knowledge than me, who can help out.

Finally, just for clarity, I should highlight here that I am nothing to do with RangersTV and never have been. I'm simply a punter who's been using the service for a few years who thinks he's got his head around some of the more common problems and is happy to share any advice I can pass on.

Last edited:
This match is now available to purchase for those overseas or 'overseas' at a cost of £7.99 (though the club haven't advertised this as yet as far as I can tell but is on the RTV website).

New season, so time for a ‘refresh’ on how to make it all work. All instructions below are for desktop/laptop. Whatever device you use for your viewing, I’d recommend using the website rather than the (poor) App. That’s not always possible if you want to cast though. Using a TV browser is at your own risk, many are not up to the task. I still can’t get the App to launch on Fire TV Stick either but Silk browser works for me.

1. The away game against Malmo is available on Premier Sports but for those – the majority hopefully – who want to give their money to the Club you can view it on RangersTV provided you are overseas or have access to a VPN to make it appear you are overseas. I won’t go into what a VPN is too much because we’ve covered it often but if anybody wants more info just ask.

2. If using a VPN, I would always recommend a good quality paid-for VPN. The Club have links with NordVPN and they are as good as it gets, especially if you are going to be using it long-term. There are others out there. For a one-off use there are options such as Opera, which is free, but they tend to have drawbacks. Any VPN will slow down your connection and can lead to buffering. A free/cheap VPN will generally slow it down more than a good quality one such as NordVPN.

Summer Deal: buy NordVPN's 2-year plan with 72% off! | NordVPN

Buying the Match

3. If you don’t have the Unlimited (overseas) subscription then you need to PPV. You can only purchase matches via the website and not via the App. Apple/Google get a 20%+ slice of the pie for in-App purchases so it’s not viable for the club.

4. Switch on your VPN and set it to a location overseas. Ideally select a location near to the UK. France, Belgium, The Netherlands are all favourites of mine. These will generally have lower latency that areas further afield, i.e. they will be ‘quicker’.

5. To check that its worked, if you want to, click on the following link. It should show you as located in the country of your choice.

6. Go to the RangersTV Home page. Do NOT login. Click on any button that says Subscribe or Buy Match Pass. This will bring up a page of options available for purchase by overseas users. This will include the Malmo v Rangers game. Click to purchase the Malmo game and the purchase process will take you through Login as part of the payment process. Don’t worry about any messages regarding an existing subscription just click through them (unless you actually have Unlimited LOL). You do not need a UK address or UK bank details to purchase. Once your purchase is made you can relax and wait until about an hour before kick-off time.

Viewing the Match

7. If you have turned it off, go back and turn on your VPN and set it to your location of choice (France, Belgium etc). Normally, around 1 hour before the match (though sometimes it’s much less) the Watch Live button will appear on the RangersTV Home page.

RangersTV | Rangers Football Club

8. Go to the RangersTV Home page (with your VPN set to overseas) and Login. When the Watch Live button appears (sometimes it goes red) click on it. If the stream is ‘live’ you will normally get the placeholder page for Erskine from about 1 hour before kick-off. ‘Moving pictures’ generally appear about half an hour before kick-off, though this can vary. If you cannot find the game, scroll down to the section headed RangersTV Latest and the game should appear in there.

9. To make sure you get sound, either roll your mouse over the top left-hand corner of the video window and click on Unmute when it appears – or simply go to the Enlarge icon in the bottom right and go Full Screen, which will unmute automatically.

10. At this stage, to help reduce any buffering, I’d also click on the Settings icon in the bottom right of the video panel and change it from Auto to 1080P. If you encounter buffering after this then try dropping it down another step to see if it helps. In extreme times, Tranmere game was one, the stream became unwatchable due to buffering. In that instance I pulled the bottom slider bar back by roughly 2 minutes and pressed Play. No more buffering but, of course, I was a few minutes behind ‘live’. Hopefully we never need to do that again.

11. Keep an eye on FollowFollow. Generally, someone will post ‘live now’ or ‘moving pictures’ or similar. If your screen doesn’t reflect that then simply Refresh your browser.

One final point, please, please make sure you do not login on more than 1 device at a time. If you do, you risk having your Account blocked and will need to go down the Forgotten Password route. If you are in the habit of leaving yourself logged in of the App, for example, make sure you logout of the App before trying to login via your browser. When done watching, logout and turn off your VPN.

That’s it. Happy viewing - or Lets’ Go (Again) as Stevie G would say.

I have a busy week as we have visitors but I will, hopefully, get the chance to drop in and out of this thread – though not as often as I normally would. Plenty others on hand, many with more knowledge than me, who can help out though.
Very informative VB. Thank you.

If @Valley Bluenose won't take an admin position (if offered :p) then may I suggest an RTV thread is made a sticky at the top of the page? The same questions do come up game in game out. :D
Now that’s a far better idea. Get this Admin shit knocked on the head or the thread will get pulled and that’s the last thing needed. They’d be doing us a favour by deleting the ‘offending’ posts.

This match is now available to purchase for those overseas or 'overseas' at a cost of £7.99 (though the club haven't advertised this as yet as far as I can tell but is on the RTV website).

New season, so time for a ‘refresh’ on how to make it all work. All instructions below are for desktop/laptop. Whatever device you use for your viewing, I’d recommend using the website rather than the (poor) App. That’s not always possible if you want to cast though. Using a TV browser is at your own risk, many are not up to the task. I still can’t get the App to launch on Fire TV Stick either but Silk browser works for me.

1. The away game against Malmo is available on Premier Sports but for those – the majority hopefully – who want to give their money to the Club you can view it on RangersTV provided you are overseas or have access to a VPN to make it appear you are overseas. I won’t go into what a VPN is too much because we’ve covered it often but if anybody wants more info just ask.

2. If using a VPN, I would always recommend a good quality paid-for VPN. The Club have links with NordVPN and they are as good as it gets, especially if you are going to be using it long-term. There are others out there. For a one-off use there are options such as Opera, which is free, but they tend to have drawbacks. Any VPN will slow down your connection and can lead to buffering. A free/cheap VPN will generally slow it down more than a good quality one such as NordVPN.

Buying the Match

5. To check that its worked, if you want to, click on the following link. It should show you as located in the country of your choice.

6. Go to the RangersTV Home page. Do NOT login. Click on any button that says Subscribe or Buy Match Pass. This will bring up a page of options available for purchase by overseas users. This will include the Malmo v Rangers game. Click to purchase the Malmo game and the purchase process will take you through Login as part of the payment process. Don’t worry about any messages regarding an existing subscription just click through them (unless you actually have Unlimited LOL). You do not need a UK address or UK bank details to purchase. Once your purchase is made you can relax and wait until about an hour before kick-off time.

Viewing the Match

8. Go to the RangersTV Home page (with your VPN set to overseas) and Login. When the Watch Live button appears (sometimes it goes red) click on it. If the stream is ‘live’ you will normally get the placeholder page for Erskine from about 1 hour before kick-off. ‘Moving pictures’ generally appear about half an hour before kick-off, though this can vary. If you cannot find the game, scroll down to the section headed RangersTV Latest and the game should appear in there.

I have a busy week as we have visitors but I will, hopefully, get the chance to drop in and out of this thread – though not as often as I normally would. Plenty others on hand, many with more knowledge than me, who can help out though.

VB there is nobody more knowledgeable about RTV than yourself. Some of us may offer the occasional tip, but you are our Guru...

on behalf of the FF tech-mongtard/Luddite community, I find these threads invaluable, and making the info a sticky at the top of the page would help the countless thousands of clueless souls such as myself who suffer from goldfish memory syndrome whenever technology is involved

@Valley Bluenose - if you make the first post a generic guide after the Malmo game I will link to this thread in every Match Thread.

You do an amazing job, and it has been noticed by the Admin team and is very much appreciated. We give you our thanks.
Aw shucks.:cool:

Yes mate, I will have a play with it post-Malmö. I’ve a shitter of a week coming up so I’m struggling before then.

Can you delete some of the embarrassing ‘testimonials’? All very nice, and I’m grateful for folks comments, but there’s no need. I have the time and a wee bit of experience using RangersTV now so I’m only too happy to pass on what I can. Be far better if StreamAMG Support stepped up to the plate but there you go.:rolleyes:

Might be worth saying that Top Cashback & Quidco currently have cashback for Nord VPN purchases, 65% and 64% respectively.

Might be worth saying that Top Cashback & Quidco currently have cashback for Nord VPN purchases, 65% and 64% respectively.
That’s a decent deal. Wonder if that would work in conjunction with the deal for the Club-related discount linked in the OP?

Reactions: krs
Do I need to do anything to my account (enter a code?) for the VST game tomorrow? I'm a season ticket holder who wasn't successful in the ballot.

The Malmö away match is now available to purchase for those overseas or 'overseas' at a cost of £7.99 (though the club haven't advertised this as yet as far as I can tell but it is on the RTV website).

Buying the Match

Viewing the Match

About time the club were employing you mate, or at least paying you a retainer. ;)

What a shift you put in to ensure plenty of Bears get to see our games.

Not re the malmo game, but I have just logged on to my account and there are no buttons on the livi match to view here or listen here. Im sure the links went on when the match was shown.

The only think showing is season ticket holders redeem your voucher here. I am abroad as well.

Do I need to do anything to my account (enter a code?) for the VST game tomorrow? I'm a season ticket holder who wasn't successful in the ballot.

Quick question. I’m currently subscribed on the £6 monthly deal. I’d like to move to the £240 annual *abroad* package but I can’t find an option for this when I’m logged in. Do I have to cancel my £6 monthly subscription first, and will I then get the option to get the £240 package?

Quick question. I’m currently subscribed on the £6 monthly deal. I’d like to move to the £240 annual *abroad* package but I can’t find an option for this when I’m logged in. Do I have to cancel my £6 monthly subscription first, and will I then get the option to get the £240 package?
To even see the option of the £240 Unlimited package you need to be overseas or ‘overseas’ (using a VPN). So, VPN on and select a location like France, Belgium etc and you will see it.

Not re the malmo game, but I have just logged on to my account and there are no buttons on the livi match to view here or listen here. Im sure the links went on when the match was shown.

The only think showing is season ticket holders redeem your voucher here. I am abroad as well.
All that shows just now is the Subscribe button and the Redeem Voucher link as you say. For those overseas or ‘overseas’ that will eventually change to Watch Live, probably tomorrow lunchtime.

All that shows just now is the Subscribe button and the Redeem Voucher link as you say. For those overseas or ‘overseas’ that will eventually change to Watch Live, probably tomorrow lunchtime.

Cheers VB, I thought it went on when the match appeared. Going out in the morning so don't want hassles when I get back!!

Cheers VB, I thought it went on when the match appeared. Going out in the morning so don't want hassles when I get back!!
It will be fine mate. Though I’ve noticed this season that the Watch Live button appears to be a weird yellow colour (not Gold LOL!) rather than red. No idea why they changed it.

Advice is as above and the 'full fat' £240 is a brilliant deal. Plus you get home B Team games this season.

Priced well below that of an ST but for we Bears outside of Scotland, it does feel like a season ticket equivalent.

I can understand why some Bears who are tight on cash use buckshee streams but if you have a spare £5 a week then it's a no-brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back