Official The Great Big Bumper Thread of RangersTV Advice

albop

does rtv not cast through opera browser now ?

bought a 3 day pass and need to now watch it on the pc

Last edited:

VGM

I don't know if this is still the case, I was told last season that the 3 Day Unlimited Pass runs for 72 hours from when you buy it. So, in theory, anyone who bought the 3 Day Unlimited Pass AFTER 1700hrs on Wednesday should get todays game for free as its within the 72 hour timeframe. Be interesting to hear if that still works.

Let us know if it works for you - for future reference.

It’s working for me. Never had to pay again

The Meik's Crombie

Thanks for your advice here @Valley Bluenose I decided it was time to arrive into the 21st Century this afternoon and try Rangers TV as I was visiting France. Using a Mac and NordVpn, had constant buffering in the first half but managed to see the Aribo goal. Disabled the Auto function and dropped down to 720 but still same problem so gave up.

Decided to have another crack at for the second half and banned all usage of mobiles, tablets etc in the vicinity. I have heard Copenhagen is beautiful at this time of year and no buffering in the second half. RTV settings at Auto for the second half.

theryesider

Well how bad was that for me.
Unable to watch on my iPad constantly buffering on the Apple TV after paying the RTV fee.
Went you know where and was able to cast that to the tv?
Then I remembered updated to ios15 but the Apple TV still on 14.7 ha ha I thought, will update the Apple TV took 40 mins, back to the iPad, to endure that performance.
Son watched it upstairs on his iPad mini on RTV did not buffer once.
Think I have worked it out, but unable to verify his iPad mini is connected to the mesh in the house, Apple TV to the VM router so think that maybe the problem, although never had any problems last season.
Also nae booze watching that as nightshift tonight, bah humbug.

Valley Bluenose

RTV? Completed it mate!
Well how bad was that for me.
Unable to watch on my iPad constantly buffering on the Apple TV after paying the RTV fee.
Went you know where and was able to cast that to the tv?
Then I remembered updated to ios15 but the Apple TV still on 14.7 ha ha I thought, will update the Apple TV took 40 mins, back to the iPad, to endure that performance.
Son watched it upstairs on his iPad mini on RTV did not buffer once.
Think I have worked it out, but unable to verify his iPad mini is connected to the mesh in the house, Apple TV to the VM router so think that maybe the problem, although never had any problems last season.
Also nae booze watching that as nightshift tonight, bah humbug.
Not sure the differing iOS versions would have made a difference. However, is it possible that the AppleTV was downloading the update in the background ready for installation? I know my iPhone and iPad do that. What's for sure is that if both you and your son were trying to stream at the same time then its going to impact on available bandwidth to download the stream. If both the download of the update and the double streaming were going at the same time it probably explains your issues.

Though there are a few reports of buffering today. As normal, I had no issues at all but that's on an ethernet connection with everybody else in the house told to get off the internet.

Valley Bluenose

RTV? Completed it mate!
Thanks for your advice here @Valley Bluenose I decided it was time to arrive into the 21st Century this afternoon and try Rangers TV as I was visiting France. Using a Mac and NordVpn, had constant buffering in the first half but managed to see the Aribo goal. Disabled the Auto function and dropped down to 720 but still same problem so gave up.

Decided to have another crack at for the second half and banned all usage of mobiles, tablets etc in the vicinity. I have heard Copenhagen is beautiful at this time of year and no buffering in the second half. RTV settings at Auto for the second half.
Yeah, using a VPN its a bit of a lottery how good the connection will be to the server you use. I normally go for The Netherlands, with France, Belgium and Germany as back-ups on the odd occasion its poor. Some folk find Edge and Chrome better browsers to use than the Apple one but I'm not convinced it makes a difference.

Welcome to the wonderful world of RangersTV though. I'm sure we will see you again on this thread LOL.:)

greavsie9

Absolutely no problems for me today. A pleasant afternoon here in Brussels, Nord hotel. 1080p video, crisp sound, no buffering at all.
Chrome browser, cast entire tab to big screen, works every time.
Only concern today was lacklustre team performance, but 3 points is all that really matters.
WATP

Valley Bluenose

RTV? Completed it mate!
Absolutely no problems for me today. A pleasant afternoon here in Brussels, Nord hotel. 1080p video, crisp sound, no buffering at all.
Chrome browser, cast entire tab to big screen, works every time.
Only concern today was lacklustre team performance, but 3 points is all that really matters.
WATP
@The Gospel Bear this 'might' help you - or you can ask the poster for more info if necessary. Do you cast the entire tab as suggested?

Valley Bluenose

RTV? Completed it mate!
@Valley Bluenose I got both the Livi and today’s game as part of my 3 day package so confirming it must be 72 hours rather than 3 calendar days B-D
Thanks for the update mate. That’s two folk now who have confirmed that. Something for everyone to bear in mind whenever the Club offer the 3 Day Unlimited package.

I don’t like to encourage folk to potentially deprive the Club of extra dosh but it is what it is. Always reading posters in here demanding the Club ‘give something back’ or a ‘wee gesture of appreciation’ or even a ‘thank you’. Well, they might not intend it, but here it is ha ha.:)