Archive Season 2022/23 - The Great Big Bumper Thread of RangersTV Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else getting Unauthorized country message? Tried without VPN as in Scotland, first and got it, then tried in netherlands (as usual) and same.

Edit: have world wide sub.

Edit:changed to firefox (from chrome) and working ok.

They never make it easy do they B-D
Had to set up another account but so far on the iPad superb picture, just discovered you can enlarge to full screen with your two fingers.

Vpn on or off, edge or chrome. iPad Pro and still the same damn certain country message.

I watch all my games via my iPad and never have an issue till today.

bloody typical.

Vpn on or off, edge or chrome. iPad Pro and still the same damn certain country message.

bloody typical.
Same, never had an issue before watching from Netherlands

2 games in a row I have had buffering now. Never ever had it before now.
Tried running Windows updates. Stopping services. Reboot laptop/ router. Clearing cookies.
No one else using up bandwidth.
Very puzzling now and slightly annoying.

Steam today is worst ever absolutely raging at the service today, keeps crashing and having to refresh it every few minutes. Dreadful.

Last edited:

bloody typical.
Same, never had an issue before watching from Netherlands
I assume you guys are on the regular RangersTV website and not the 'substitute' one (which is for those not using a VPN)? If so try logging out, clear cache/cookies etc and try again.

Its not available in England (unless you use a VPN).

If viewing in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland (without a VPN) then you need to use (and register with) a ’substitute’ RangersTV website - same as Hearts game earlier in the season.

If you use a VPN then continue to use it and stick with the regular RangersTV site and not the ‘substitute’ one.

If using a VPN and trying to purchase the game if you get redirected to the new website then try clearing cache/cookies, closing down your browser and then opening your browser and trying again on the real RangersTV website. If 'overseas' you should be nowhere near the new website.
One quirk though, you need to click on Subscribe on the white menu bar at the bottom of the screen and not the Subscribe button next to the game. If it doesn't appear keep clearing cache/cookies until it does.

Go to post #876 for more detailed advice.

Mine was faultless on the iPad watching it on 4g at work, best so far for me, also Apple Pay win, win.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how many it will interest but I see you can now get a 6-month Standard RangersTV package for £30. That's new as far as I'm aware. Alongside the recently re-instated monthly Unlimited package at £24 its two welcome developments in my eyes.

Hearts game not available to buy yet for overseas viewers (despite me updating the OP to say it was) but I expect it to be available later today/tonight - EDIT: 3 Day Unlimited Pass now available.

Last edited:
NOTE: This game is available on the regular RangersTV website and not the new 'substitute' website introduced for Saturday 1500hrs kick-offs due to the English blackout period.

The Hearts v Rangers match on Sunday (12 Dec, 1200hrs) is now available for purchase from RangersTV. The match is available to UK viewers, those overseas, or to those with a VPN to appear overseas. Cost is £9.99. You may see the offer of a 3 Day Unlimited Package rather than the individual match. If so, that’s fine, as it represents even better value, with access to all subscriber content for 3 days (but not the Relentle55 video, which is a stand-alone purchase). It's only offered on an occasional basis though. The match is also available to Unlimited subscribers as part of their subscription package.

Do NOT Login before attempting to purchase the match. The purchase process will take you through Login. The first link below will take you to the purchase page. You need to be overseas or 'overseas' via a VPN to see the game offered for purchase.

NOTE: RangersTV purchases have to be made via the website NOT the App.

New season, so time for a ‘refresh’ on how to make it all work. All instructions below are for desktop/laptop. Whatever device you use for your viewing, I’d recommend using the website rather than the (poor) App. That’s not always possible if you want to cast though. Using a TV browser is at your own risk, many are not up to the task. I still can’t get the App to launch on Fire TV Stick either but Silk browser works for me.

1. Whilst some games are available on Sky Sports or Premier Sports (Domestic cups) those – the majority hopefully – who want to give their money to the Club can view it on RangersTV provided you are overseas or have access to a VPN to make it appear you are overseas. I won’t go into what a VPN is too much because we’ve covered it often but if anybody wants more info just ask. Note: BTSport have exclusive coverage of European group stages and beyond and these cannot be shown on RangersTV.

2. If using a VPN, I would always recommend a good quality paid-for VPN. The Club have links with NordVPN and they are as good as it gets, especially if you are going to be using it long-term. There are others out there. For a one-off use there are options such as Opera, which is free, but they tend to have drawbacks. Any VPN will slow down your connection and can lead to buffering. A free/cheap VPN will generally slow it down more than a good quality one such as NordVPN. A discount deal may, or may not, be available from the Rangers/NordVPN affiliate link below.

Buying the Match

3. If you don’t have the Unlimited (overseas) subscription then you need to PPV. You can only purchase matches via the website and not via the App. Apple/Google get a 20%+ slice of the pie for in-App purchases so it’s not viable for the club.

4. Switch on your VPN and set it to a location overseas. Ideally select a location near to the UK. France, Belgium, The Netherlands are all favourites of mine. These will generally have lower latency that areas further afield, i.e. they will be ‘quicker’.

5. To check that its worked, if you want to, click on the following link. It should show you as located in the country of your choice.

What Is My IP Address - See Your Public Address - IPv4 & IPv6

6. Go to the RangersTV Home page. Do NOT login. Click on any button that says Subscribe or Buy Match Pass. This will bring up a page of options available for purchase by overseas users. This will include the upcoming game. Click to purchase the game and the purchase process will take you through Login as part of the payment process. Don’t worry about any messages regarding an existing subscription just click through them (unless you actually have Unlimited LOL). You do not need a UK address or UK bank details to purchase. Once your purchase is made you can relax and wait until about an hour before kick-off time.

Viewing the Match

7. If you have turned it off, go back and turn on your VPN and set it to your location of choice (France, Belgium etc). Normally, around 1 hour before the match (though sometimes it’s much less) the Watch Live button will appear on the RangersTV Home page.

RangersTV | Rangers Football Club

8. Go to the RangersTV Home page (with your VPN set to overseas) and Login. When the Watch Live button appears (sometimes it goes red) click on it. If the stream is ‘live’ you will normally get the placeholder page for Erskine from about 1 hour before kick-off. ‘Moving pictures’ generally appear about half an hour before kick-off, though this can vary. If you cannot find the game, scroll down to the section headed RangersTV Latest and the game should appear in there. If you’re not seeing the Watch Live button - and are sure your VPN is working properly - maybe try logging out, clear cache/cookies the login and try again. In extremis, try rebooting your device.

9. To make sure you get sound, either roll your mouse over the top left-hand corner of the video window and click on Unmute when it appears – or simply go to the Enlarge icon in the bottom right and go Full Screen, which will unmute automatically.

10. At this stage, to help reduce any buffering, I’d also click on the Settings icon in the bottom right of the video panel and change it from Auto to 1080P. If you encounter buffering after this then try dropping it down another step to see if it helps. In extreme times, Tranmere game was one, the stream became unwatchable due to buffering. In that instance I pulled the bottom slider bar back by roughly 2 minutes and pressed Play. No more buffering but, of course, I was a few minutes behind ‘live’. Hopefully we never need to do that again.

11. Keep an eye on FollowFollow. Generally, someone will post ‘live now’ or ‘moving pictures’ or similar. If your screen doesn’t reflect that then simply Refresh your browser.

One final point, please, please make sure you do not login on more than 1 device at a time. If you do, you risk having your Account blocked and will need to go down the Forgotten Password route. If you are in the habit of leaving yourself logged in of the App, for example, make sure you logout of the App before trying to login via your browser. When done watching, logout and turn off your VPN.

That’s it. Happy viewing - or Lets’ Go (Again) as Stevie G would say.

I generally pick up on any threads/posts on RangersTV issues and try and help out (I’m nothing to do with RangersTV by the way). If I can’t get on for whatever reason, there are plenty others on hand, many with more knowledge than me, who can help out.
I think it would be a good idea to have this post as a sticky one always available as soon as you click the Bear Pit

@DocStone very kindly puts a link to this thread in the OP of every Match Thread where the game is being shown on RangersTV.
Can I maybe add as reading the post it does state in the VPN bit to basically checking ip address to make sure you have connected correctly, one thing I personally always do (do not know if it will help others) is once connected to another country i always google dnsleaktest and run a test just to confirm my DNS is not leaking

Anybidy know if we will we be needing a VPN today?
Mate, the OP is updated prior to every game. Yes, you need a VPN today - same as for every other Away match. As far as I’m aware only Home clubs can sell within the UK, so HeartsTV might have it if you don’t have a VPN.

Why am I not given the option of buying the match? Do I need to wait for some time after arriving in Germany?

VB - followed the usual instructions, but am being given no option to purchase the match. All other options are there, but not the three-day package. I'm currently in "Frankfurt". Any ideas?

VB - followed the usual instructions, but am being given no option to purchase the match. All other options are there, but not the three-day package. I'm currently in "Frankfurt". Any ideas?
It’s there for me mate when I go to Holland.

Some things you could try - either might work.

Make sure you don’t login before trying to buy. Purchase process takes you through login.

Clear cache/cookies and try again.

Switch to another overseas location.

This isn't a RangersTV issue, more an issue with either your VPN or with your computer's retention of cookies.

Last edited:
Watch Live button already active on RangersTV and club badges on display. Looks like coverage doesn't start until 1135hrs today though.

Last edited:
Watch Live button already active on RangersTV and club badges on display. Looks like coverage doesn't start until 1145hrs today though.

Strangely on mine the watch live isnt showing, but under the badges there is one video click into that and it is the live stream! Had a wee panic!

Strangely on mine the watch live isnt showing, but under the badges there is one video click into that and it is the live stream! Had a wee panic!
Might be device, or browser, specific. I'm on desktop with Edge. Wouldn't touch the App, for example, with a bargepole.

Panic stations - getting the only available i certain countries message now. I'm in France.
Logout. Clear cache/cookies. Close browser. Open browser. Try again.

You're having a bit of a mare with this. What device? And is it a decent VPN or some free crap?

Anyone got any ideas for this issue?

I usually stream the games on my laptop but I don’t have it today so I’m watching on my phone (Galaxy S9)with the RTV app. I thought I’d be able to cast to my TV but I’m having issues with it.

The casting symbol appears and when I click on it, my TV appears as an option but no matter where I touch on my phone screen it simply won’t let me select my TV to cast. It’s as if there’s a glitch in the app that when I try to select the TV it just does nothing except remove the ‘select device’ option.

Edited to add that I’m using a VPN on the phone but as my TV isn’t using the VPN, the phone won’t let me screen share.

Anyone got any ideas for this issue?

I usually stream the games on my laptop but I don’t have it today so I’m watching on my phone (Galaxy S9)with the RTV app. I thought I’d be able to cast to my TV but I’m having issues with it.

The casting symbol appears and when I click on it, my TV appears as an option but no matter where I touch on my phone screen it simply won’t let me select my TV to cast. It’s as if there’s a glitch in the app that when I try to select the TV it just does nothing except remove the ‘select device’ option.

Edited to add that I’m using a VPN on the phone but as my TV isn’t using the VPN, the phone won’t let me screen share.
Casting from phone when you are using a VPN is always a big issue - the two devices show as different networks or something. One thing you might want to try is using the website rather than the App if you can and then screen mirroring. The App is dreadful in all honesty.

St Johnstone game is now available to buy on RangersTV. Can be viewed within the UK and on the regular RangersTV website (as opposed to the 'substitute' one used for Saturday afternoon matches).

See OP for details/links.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back