Archive Season 2022/23 - The Great Big Bumper Thread of RangersTV Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a Samsung tv I’m trying, I’ve watched games on it before.
WiFi is fine mate
See my edit - clear cache/cookies as a first step. If you are accessing via a Favourite then try typing in the website address rather than using the Favourite as well. The website is definitely working fine.

I hate advising on TVs, so much of a hit or miss lottery.

See my edit - clear cache/cookies as a first step. If you are accessing via a Favourite then try typing in the website address rather than using the Favourite as well. The website is definitely working fine.

I hate advising on TVs, so much of a hit or miss lottery.
Thanks mate I’ll keep trying but I’ve got the iPad as Plan B.

Given the amount of info on here I'm likely doing something stupid but I don't have the option to buy the math or the three day pass. Any ideas?

I'm in the UK so buying via VPN.

Given the amount of info on here I'm likely doing something stupid but I don't have the option to buy the math or the three day pass. Any ideas?

I'm in the UK so buying via VPN.
Read the OP. No VPN is required today. Also, it works better if you do NOT log in before trying to buy. All in the OP though mate. Come back if you still have issues.

Last edited:
Just to clarify since folk are asking a lot on the other thread. The code for VSTs needs to be redeemed against a RangersTV Account. You redeem the code without logging in and, as soon as you redeem it, you are asked to login. That links the code to that specific RangersTV Account. One code, one account. If you have multiple codes then each needs to be redeemed against a separate RangersTV Account - ie you will require multiple email addresses to create multiple RangersTV Accounts if they are not already set up.

I am abroad but not getting a 9.99 option for 3 days viewing. I get 24 quid for a month option. Is the 9.99 not live yet or am i doing sometjing wrong?
Just fired up my VPN and had a look. You are correct - no option to purchase the match is showing. Hopefully appears soon.:eek:

I've sent them an email All I can suggest is keeping an eye on the website.

Last edited:
Read the OP. No VPN is required today. Also, it works better if you do NOT log in before trying to buy. All in the OP though mate. Come back if you still have issues.

I did. I was using my work computer which doesn’t allow me to disable the VPN. Didn’t ever get the option to buy the match or a three day package.

Worked when I switched to my MacBook which I try to avoid for RTV as I can’t cast to the tv.

I did. I was using my work computer which doesn’t allow me to disable the VPN. Didn’t ever get the option to buy the match or a three day package.

Worked when I switched to my MacBook which I try to avoid for RTV as I can’t cast to the tv.

You can cast from a MacBook mate. Cast from within chrome. Plenty of apps available also.

Unless your casting is specifically windows only?

You can cast from a MacBook mate. Cast from within chrome. Plenty of apps available also.

Unless your casting is specifically windows only?
What I should have said is that I’ve not figured out how to do it…

I’m on safari and not obvious how to for technophobe like me! Not a problem as I’ve been thrown out the sitting room in any event…

Realised later that the game wasn't made available to overseas viewers (or those on a VPN) until about 1345hrs today, which might explain things. No idea why they were so late adding it. I emailed them about 1315hrs and it appeared not long after.

What I should have said is that I’ve not figured out how to do it…

I’m on safari and not obvious how to for technophobe like me! Not a problem as I’ve been thrown out the sitting room in any event…

Ahhh gotcha.

You can cast from the chrome browser :)

I'm losing a fair bit of download speed when using Nord VPN on my Fire TV, it drops by almost 50% from over 50Mb to around 25Mb. I've tried a wired and WiFi connection but still get similar results. This can result in a lot of buffering on live games when the VPN is on but on games that don't need the VPN like Sunday's, it was flawless. Does anyone else have similar results ?

I'm losing a fair bit of download speed when using Nord VPN on my Fire TV, it drops by almost 50% from over 50Mb to around 25Mb. I've tried a wired and WiFi connection but still get similar results. This can result in a lot of buffering on live games when the VPN is on but on games that don't need the VPN like Sunday's, it was flawless. Does anyone else have similar results ?
Any and every VPN will reduce your download speed. Some by as much as 90%.:eek: That said, NordVPN is, by far, one of the better VPNs in that respect - bettered only by ExpressvPN I think - with a reported impact of well under 10% in most tests. Throwing in a Fire TV Stick rather than a pc with decent hardware has an impact as well.

Couple of things to try that might help. For RangersTV choose a server as close to the UK as possible - Belgium, France, The Netherlands are favourites. If necessary play around and switch from one to another until you get the best results. Also, when viewing the stream click on the Settings icon and change it from Auto to 1080p, or even lower, until it stops buffering. I've been as low as 460p!

25Mbps should be more than enough for a trouble-free stream in all honesty.

Any and every VPN will reduce your download speed. Some by as much as 90%.:eek: That said, NordVPN is, by far, one of the better VPNs in that respect - bettered only by ExpressvPN I think - with a reported impact of well under 10% in most tests. Throwing in a Fire TV Stick rather than a pc with decent hardware has an impact as well.

Couple of things to try that might help. For RangersTV choose a server as close to the UK as possible - Belgium, France, The Netherlands are favourites. If necessary play around and switch from one to another until you get the best results. Also, when viewing the stream click on the Settings icon and change it from Auto to 1080p, or even lower, until it stops buffering. I've been as low as 460p!

25Mbps should be more than enough for a trouble-free stream in all honesty.
I've tried Belgium, Netherlands, France, Sweden, USA, Canada and my personal favourite Albania without much difference. I've tried turning down the resolution which works occasionally but I end up several minutes behind the live action after all the footering. Funny thing is that before they went to the new web site and streaming platform everything worked without a problem. Every game was perfect. At times I've given up and went to "other" sources.

I've tried Belgium, Netherlands, France, Sweden, USA, Canada and my personal favourite Albania without much difference. I've tried turning down the resolution which works occasionally but I end up several minutes behind the live action after all the footering. Funny thing is that before they went to the new web site and streaming platform everything worked without a problem. Every game was perfect. At times I've given up and went to "other" sources.
Well, given you’ve said all is well without the VPN then it would appear that the issue isn’t solely the switch to the new website. Though I do agree it seems to have a higher demand in order to stream. So my theory would be that when the VPN is introduced to the mix you don’t have sufficient bandwidth, hence the buffering.

An interesting experiment might be to see what happens when you try to stream with a VPN using a device other than the Fire TV Stick. Same result would confirm the theory that you are losing too much bandwidth with the VPN. If the alternative device is better then it could point to a combination of the effects of the VPN and the relative weakness of the Fire TV Stick in picking up the signal.

Only crumb of comfort is that non-Sky Home games won’t require a VPN for a wee while yet I suspect.

I have an iPhone 6
iOS15.1
- and have been happily casting RTV through a plug and play HDMI to lightning cable adapter. That was until the last software update for the iPhone. Since then the sound projects but the full screen picture is just black.
Are there any clever tech savvy folks who can figure out why for me?
It’s not long till the Gers are back and my eyesight struggles watching on the iPhone.

Would be very grateful for any help.

I have an iPhone 6
iOS15.1
- and have been happily casting RTV through a plug and play HDMI to lightning cable adapter. That was until the last software update for the iPhone. Since then the sound projects but the full screen picture is just black.
It’s not long till the Gers are back and my eyesight struggles watching on the iPhone.

Similar issue for me on Android. Try and play any videos fullscreen via the app and the audio continues but the picture freezes.

I have an iPhone 6
iOS15.1

Hopefully someone can help you out here mate. However, I’ve a recollection that on one of the older threads it came to light that the iPhone 6, even with latest updates, just couldn’t ’run’ RangersTV. From memory, more success was had with the 6s onwards.

Obviously from what you’ve said, your experience contradicts that, as it’s worked up to this point - before the latest update screwed you over.

I have an iPhone 6
iOS15.1

It’s a 7 year old phone so there is always going to come a time when it is no longer supported sadly. According to this article it has already happened

It’s a 7 year old phone so there is always going to come a time when it is no longer supported sadly. According to this article it has already happened

Hopefully someone can help you out here mate. However, I’ve a recollection that on one of the older threads it came to light that the iPhone 6, even with latest updates, just couldn’t ’run’ RangersTV. From memory, more success was had with the 6s onwards.

Obviously from what you’ve said, your experience contradicts that, as it’s worked up to this point - before the latest update screwed you over.

Actually I’ve written iPhone 6 mistakenly when it’s actually a 6s. Maybe the update has just mucked things up for me right enough.
Thanks very much for replying anyway.

3 Day Unlimited Pass to take in the Aberdeen game on 18 Jan now available for purchase from RangersTV. See intro to OP.

You need to be overseas or using a VPN to appear to be overseas.

The Livi game next Wednesday is now available for purchase from RangersTV - available in the UK so no VPN required. Details in OP.

The Stirling Albion game isn't on offer yet. It will be available to overseas/VPN users as normal but, as its on Premier Sports, RangersTV are probably precluded from making it available until the nearer the day. Check back later to purchase it if you are overseas or using a VPN to appear overseas.

Last edited:
The Livi game next Wednesday is now available for purchase from RangersTV - available in the UK so no VPN required. Details in OP.

The Stirling Albion game isn't on offer yet. It will be available to overseas/VPN users as normal but, as its on Premier Sports, RangersTV are probably precluded from making it available until the nearer the day. Check back later to purchase it if you are overseas or using a VPN to appear overseas.

VB, I'm not seeing either of the next two games to buy. It's showing me:
Monthly Standard
Monthly Unlimited
6 Month Standard
Annual Standard
Annual Unlimited
Relentle55

That should mean that I already have access to the games I think? Certainly the Livi game if that's available to buy now.

Just checking as I was supposed to have access to the sheep game on Wednesday but it was telling me I had to buy it again.

Thanks.

VB, I'm not seeing either of the next two games to buy. It's showing me:
Monthly Standard
Monthly Unlimited
6 Month Standard
Annual Standard
Annual Unlimited
Relentle55

That should mean that I already have access to the games I think? Certainly the Livi game if that's available to buy now.

Just checking as I was supposed to have access to the sheep game on Wednesday but it was telling me I had to buy it again.

Thanks.
Just had a look mate. The Livi game is available without me using my VPN. Make sure you don’t login first, as per OP. Pain in the arse but seems to work better that way.

The Stirling Albion game will be shown live, the Club have said as much - but it’s not available to buy as yet. Note that for that one it’s overseas only so will need VPN on to purchase and view.

If you are not seeing the Livi match right now then I’d suggest the old favourite - clear cache/cookies and try again. If you haven’t already done so. Or try on a different device or different browser. I find Edge or Chrome best.

Just had a look mate. The Livi game is available without me using my VPN. Make sure you don’t login first, as per OP. Pain in the arse but seems to work better that way.

The Stirling Albion game will be shown live, the Club have said as much - but it’s not available to buy as yet. Note that for that one it’s overseas only so will need VPN on to purchase and view.

If you are not seeing the Livi match right now then I’d suggest the old favourite - clear cache/cookies and try again. If you haven’t already done so. Or try on a different device or different browser. I find Edge or Chrome best.

Thanks mate. Tried it on Edge and Chrome (I normally use Firefox), in a private window, while signed out and I'm still not seeing the Livi game. No need for VPN either as I'm legitimately overseas. :))

Cleared cache/cookies on Chrome and it's still not there. I'll try it again later, thanks.

Thanks mate. Tried it on Edge and Chrome (I normally use Firefox), in a private window, while signed out and I'm still not seeing the Livi game. No need for VPN either as I'm legitimately overseas. :))

Cleared cache/cookies on Chrome and it's still not there. I'll try it again later, thanks.
Ah, now this is weird. I switched on my VPN and went back for another look. As I said, Stirling game not there yet. However…no Livi game either. :confused: So the problem isn’t your end.

Looks like they simply haven’t updated the overseas page. I’m guessing because they want to make the Stirling game available tomorrow and the Livi game won’t show for overseas viewers until Saturday or Sunday.

So, hopefully Stirling available tomorrow and Livi from Saturday or Sunday. Sorry for the wild goose chase, should have realised that earlier now I think about it.

Ah, now this is weird. I switched on my VPN and went back for another look. As I said, Stirling game not there yet. However…no Livi game either. :confused: So the problem isn’t your end.

Looks like they simply haven’t updated the overseas page. I’m guessing because they want to make the Stirling game available tomorrow and the Livi game won’t show for overseas viewers until Saturday or Sunday.

So, hopefully Stirling available tomorrow and Livi from Saturday or Sunday. Sorry for the wild goose chase, should have realised that earlier now I think about it.

All good mate, thanks. As long as I'm seeing what everyone else is seeing, that's ok for now. :D

I bought the 3 game package for vpn do I still have to use the vpn for the Livi home game.
What 3 GAME package mate? There is no 3 game package available - nor is the 3 DAY Unlimited available as yet. So I‘m a wee bit confused.

As per the OP, the Livi game is available in the UK. No VPN required. It can be bought now as a single game.

The Stirling game will only be available to those overseas or using a VPN - but it’s not available to buy yet.

What 3 GAME package mate? There is no 3 game package available - nor is the 3 DAY Unlimited available as yet. So I‘m a wee bit confused.

As per the OP, the Livi game is available in the UK. No VPN required. It can be bought now as a single game.

The Stirling game will only be available to those overseas or using a VPN - but it’s not available to buy yet.
Sorry my mistake it's the monthly package for £24 until 20th February.

I’ve been using RTV for years successfully until the iOS 15 update (maybe it was 15.1?) late last year. Since then I can no longer airplay live games via AppleTV. Used to work flawlessly. Seems to only be live games that don’t work, interviews and highlights etc, AirPlay fine so I suspect RTV are actively blocking.

It’s a real pain in the arse, ended up watching a stream even though I have the full bhoona RTV package.

£26 a month to watch on an iPhone or tablet isn’t value for money.

Sorry my mistake it's the monthly package for £24 until 20th February.
Ah, that makes more sense, I’ve found that if the game is available in the UK then, even if you have an overseas package (as you do), you will not need to use the VPN. So, not required for Livi but will be required for Stirling,

I’ve been using RTV for years successfully until the iOS 15 update (maybe it was 15.1?) late last year. Since then I can no longer airplay live games via AppleTV. Used to work flawlessly. Seems to only be live games that don’t work, interviews and highlights etc, AirPlay fine so I suspect RTV are actively blocking.

It’s a real pain in the arse, ended up watching a stream even though I have the full bhoona RTV package.

£26 a month to watch on an iPhone or tablet isn’t value for money.
I’ve no idea what the problem is mate - but it’s not RangersTV ‘blocking’ you from anything in the sense they don’t want you doing it.

Are you using the App or the website? And what device are you using?

I don’t use AirPlay but we’ve some who do, who might be able to help. I have seen lots of issues reported elsewhere with AirPlay streaming and iOS15 onwards, particularly with AppleTV 3 seemingly.

This relates to issues with iPadOS15 and AirPlay but might help:

Last edited:
Ah, that makes more sense, I’ve found that if the game is available in the UK then, even if you have an overseas package (as you do), you will not need to use the VPN. So, not required for Livi but will be required for Stirling,
Thanks again VB , wife wants to get me a chrome book for my birthday but I'll just stick to my abacus. OAP loyal.

Thanks again VB , wife wants to get me a chrome book for my birthday but I'll just stick to my abacus. OAP loyal.
:))

I‘m sure you will be aware but, just in case - the monthly sub you have will be auto-renewing. So, if you don’t want it to charge you another £24 be sure to cancel before it runs out on 20 Feb mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back