Archive Season 2022/23 - The Great Big Bumper Thread of RangersTV Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have problems with this crashing on the iPhone?
I have an iPhone X. IOS 15.3.1 but was crashing before on 13.5
It is running fine on my iPad same version 15.3.1
I've uninstalled and reinstalled.
I've uninstalled from the App Store running a UK VPN to see if it would force a different version. It didn't. I'm in the USA.
I've closed all apps and tried. Crashed.
I've ensured I'm not out of space.
I've run a VPN through a US server. Nope.
I am signed out on other devices.
I've forced a hard reset on my phone. Didn't work.
I've run on wifi and cell data. Crashes.
App version 2.0.7 on both iPad and iPhone.
This is the only crashing app I've had in years.
I’ve tried the App (version 2.0.7.24) on both iPad and iPhone XR, both running iOS 15.3.1 mate and not had any problems. Website working fine as well.

I’m not a fan of the App at all but in this instance it sounds like a setting on your iPhone might be different to the iPad. That’s gonna be a nightmare to track down.

All I can suggest is an uninstall and then do a hard reset. After that try reinstalling. Might clear any ‘memories’ of the App. I’m not optimistic though and I haven’t a clue which setting might have gone awry.

I’ve tried the App (version 2.0.7.24) on both iPad and iPhone XR, both running iOS 15.3.1 mate and not had any problems. Website working fine as well.

I’m not a fan of the App at all but in this instance it sounds like a setting on your iPhone might be different to the iPad. That’s gonna be a nightmare to track down.

All I can suggest is an uninstall and then do a hard reset. After that try reinstalling. Might clear any ‘memories’ of the App. I’m not optimistic though and I haven’t a clue which setting might have gone awry.
Thanks. I went through and did a network reset, deleted apps that were not on the iPad but still won’t run on iPhone. Hopefully someone else might have the answer.

Never bothered about it when it started happening because I’m usually home but I’ll be driving tomorrow and wanted commentary. Guess I’ll just use the iPad in the car.

Do you know how often the app is updated? Trying to decide if I’ll do a full reset or just wait for the next app update. Thanks

Thanks. I went through and did a network reset, deleted apps that were not on the iPad but still won’t run on iPhone. Hopefully someone else might have the answer.

Never bothered about it when it started happening because I’m usually home but I’ll be driving tomorrow and wanted commentary. Guess I’ll just use the iPad in the car.

Do you know how often the app is updated? Trying to decide if I’ll do a full reset or just wait for the next app update. Thanks
Sorry mate, I‘ve no idea about when the App might be updated. I’m not convinced your issue is the App though, despite its many faults, given it’s working for me on a similar age iPhone and it’s working for you on iPad.

I‘m still thinking iPhone setting - but I’ve no idea what unfortunately.

As you say, hopefully someone else might have some ideas.

Sorry mate, I‘ve no idea about when the App might be updated. I’m not convinced your issue is the App though, despite its many faults, given it’s working for me on a similar age iPhone and it’s working for you on iPad.

I‘m still thinking iPhone setting - but I’ve no idea what unfortunately.

As you say, hopefully someone else might have some ideas.
Fixed it. After going Sherlock on apps and settings it was so simple. I guess it's just that things work so well these days that you rarely find yourself trouble shooting.

Anyway was IOS, SETTINGS>GENERAL>TRANSFER OR RESET>RESET>RESET ALL SETTINGS

Forgot that was there. The phone hasn't been reset in 3 years. Battery life was terrible too so maybe it will help everything.
All good now.

Is anyone else having issues with RTV android app just completely freezing in a white screen?

I'd used it for a year without issues, it cast to my TV easily and without lag.

Since we came back from the winter break and renewed my subscription I haven't been able to get it to work for a single match. Just freezes after the login screen or on the next click.

Using it on Android on a 2 year old phone, tried wifi and phone data. Fully paid 1-year subscription in Canada, so not using a VPN. Tried uninstalling, clearing cache and still have never been able to get further then the first click after logging in.

Fixed it. After going Sherlock on apps and settings it was so simple. I guess it's just that things work so well these days that you rarely find yourself trouble shooting.

Anyway was IOS, SETTINGS>GENERAL>TRANSFER OR RESET>RESET>RESET ALL SETTINGS

Forgot that was there. The phone hasn't been reset in 3 years. Battery life was terrible too so maybe it will help everything.
All good now.
Phew. I knew about that setting but have never used it tbh. Always viewed it as an option of last resort.

Glad you are sorted and it worked for you. You will spend the next few days re-entering all the Wi-Fi passwords for everywhere you visit and recalling what your login credentials are for your various apps LOL.

You’re good for tomorrows commentary now though.:cool: Well done Sherlock.:)

Last edited:
Is anyone else having issues with RTV android app just completely freezing in a white screen?

I'd used it for a year without issues, it cast to my TV easily and without lag.

Since we came back from the winter break and renewed my subscription I haven't been able to get it to work for a single match. Just freezes after the login screen or on the next click.

Using it on Android on a 2 year old phone, tried wifi and phone data. Fully paid 1-year subscription in Canada, so not using a VPN. Tried uninstalling, clearing cache and still have never been able to get further then the first click after logging in.
Don’t have Android so can’t help you on that. I hate the app. If you can, try using the website and casting a tab in Google Chrome whilst you try and figure out a solution mate. I don’t think there had been an app update since the Winter break so wouldn’t imagine it’s that.

Poster above solved his app issues with a Reset. No idea what the equivalent will be on Android.

Phew. I knew about that setting but have never used it tbh. Always viewed it as an option of last resort.

Glad you are sorted and it worked for you. You will spend the next few days re-entering all the Wi-Fi passwords for everywhere you visit and recalling what your login credentials are for your various apps LOL.

You’re good for tomorrows commentary now though.:cool: Well done Sherlock.:)
It's gone again. Worked right after the reset and now it's crashing again.
Not worth the trouble to sort this out. I'll wait for an app update.

Don’t have Android so can’t help you on that. I hate the app. If you can, try using the website and casting a tab in Google Chrome whilst you try and figure out a solution mate. I don’t think there had been an app update since the Winter break so wouldn’t imagine it’s that.

Poster above solved his app issues with a Reset. No idea what the equivalent will be on Android.

I'd been using the website, and it tends to lag and get intermittently pixilated when cast to the TV. The app worked much better for me, so I had been using it exclusively for about 9 months until I had to re-subscribe and then it went tits up

I can get the games but stuck watching them on my laptop screen.
I can always say it's a nostalgic throwback to the days when having a 14 inch portable TV in your room was the height of technology. :)

Cheers for the help anyway. Much appreciated, mate

The Aberdeen game on Saturday is at 1500hrs - so the English 'blackout' will be in effect for viewers down there. Only way to watch, legitimately, in England is via a VPN.

Viewers in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland will have to use the 'substitute' RangersTV website (link further down this post) they introduced earlier in the season - unless they have a VPN they can use. You may already have registered for the ‘substitute’ site for the Hearts, Dundee or Dundee United games earlier in the season.

Just to make this as clear as I can to everybody: If you have a VPN - maybe you use it to watch Away matches on RangersTV - then you have no need to register and use the new website at all. Forget it. Avoid it. Just switch on your VPN, visit Europe, go to the regular RangersTV website and purchase and view the match in the same way you would an Away game.

If using a VPN try this link in the first instance:

UPDATE: If using a VPN and trying to purchase the game if you get redirected to the new website then try clearing cache/cookies, closing down your browser and then opening your browser and trying again on the real RangersTV website. If 'overseas' you should be nowhere near the new website. One quirk though, you need to click on Subscribe on the white menu bar at the bottom of the screen and not the Subscribe button next to the game. If it doesn't appear keep clearing cache/cookies until it does. Farcical in all honesty.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will try and summarise something below for what you need to do to view Saturday 1500hrs games from Ibrox.

So, how to view:

Overseas Viewers and Those Who Can Appear Overseas Via a VPN

Nothing changes. You continue to visit the regular RangersTV website and use your subscription to view or you purchase PPV via the page below. Just follow the instructions in the OP of this thread - but note the Update bit above.

Viewers in England

My recommendation is to use a VPN and make a quick trip overseas to the likes of France, Belgium etc.

Switch on your VPN, refresh your browser and then visit the page above to purchase the match on PPV. Just follow the instructions for overseas viewers above.

If you don’t have a VPN then I’m afraid the match will not be available to you on RangersTV legitimately.

Viewers in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland

And now the mess! Firstly, my recommendation (even if you are in the UK) - if you have a VPN - is to use it to visit the likes of France, Belgium etc and stick to using the regular RangersTV website to PPV and view as we’ve always done. Just follow the instructions in the OP of this thread.

If you don’t have a VPN then the fun and games begin. It looks like you are required to visit a NEW website (not RangersTV) and to register a NEW Account (not you RangersTV or Rangers one). UNLESS you previously registered for the Hearts, Dundee or Dundee United games when this was introduced,

The website to visit to purchase the match – and to view it later - is here:

Home | Rangers PPV (streamdigital.tv)

Hopefully it takes you through registering your NEW Account as part of the purchase process but, if it doesn’t for any reason, then the website to register the new Account is here:

Register | Rangers PPV (streamdigital.tv)

The FAQs are here. They look reasonably comprehensive and cover use of a number of devices and have advice on which of the three links they will provide to use in order to achieve best results:

FAQs | Rangers PPV (streamdigital.tv)

You Show as Being in England – but Aren’t

I’ve no idea what’s the best course of action if you are on mobile and your device detects you as being in England, even if you aren’t. This is what the FAQ says:

Please contact the support team before 2pm on a match day with your location. A number of servers are run from England so your device may have an IP address which runs through there. The support team will check your location and if you are out with England, they will then bypass that region and ensure you have access.

EDIT: If you can’t see Contact Us along the top of the website, and you’re on an iPad for example, rotate to Landscape mode and it should be there. See post #691. It doesn’t look like the Contact Us is available on a phone, needs another device.

Good Luck.

(I think I may take the weekend away from FollowFollow).

Last edited:
I’m very dim at these things. The only time I tried to use a VPN, which I have permanently switched on for other reasons, my subscription wasn’t accepted because my card was issued to an address in England! :)

I’m very dim at these things. The only time I tried to use a VPN, which I have permanently switched on for other reasons, my subscription wasn’t accepted because my card was issued to an address in England! :)
Sounds like your VPN hadn't registered to an overseas server properly. Maybe you have it on for security and have simply selected a UK server? Provided you are 'overseas' it doesn't make a blind bit of difference where your credit/debit card address is registered to. Folk travel abroad on business for a few days and might want to buy a Rangers game to watch whilst they are away - it works absolutely fine. There's guidance on checking out your VPN is working OK in the OP (using the 'whats my ip' website).

News article now on official website. 1415hrs start tomorrow for RangersTV (despite some misleading info on the 'substitute' website').

Emma Dodds, Neil McCann and Ianis Hagi in the studio, with Clive Tyldesley and Gordon Smith on commentary duty.

Wee bump for the Saturday shift who haven’t realised - yet - that they might need to watch on the ‘substitute’ RangersTV website today.

See post #1272 for details.

Just ordered the game on the "Saturday 3pm" site. :))

When I have to use this site for Saturday 3pm games it is so much easier and you immediately get the clock timing down to the start of the event. The regular Rangers TV site always seems to be more of a hassle despite Valley Bluenose's best efforts :)

F*cked with covid again had to give my ticket away - is there a simple way to legally watch pay for the game or no because it’s 3pm Saturday?

Watching it on the firestick through Internet.
Working well but is there a way to get rid of the Rangers FC help bubble in the bottom right corner?
I've tried clicking on it and closing it but it's still there!
About time there was a proper app for the firestick as well.

Watching it on the firestick through Internet.
Working well but is there a way to get rid of the Rangers FC help bubble in the bottom right corner?
I've tried clicking on it and closing it but it's still there!
About time there was a proper app for the firestick as well.
I'm on a pc but going full screen the bubble disappeared.

Can't purchase the game, even on VPN, as my card is registered to an English address
Where your card is registered to doesn't matter if you are overseas or using a VPN. Your 'problem' is probably that you are on the 'substitute' website. Avoid it, dont use it.

See post #1272 in the attached thread. In particular, the section headed Update. You need to logout, clear cache/cookies, close your browser, open it and start agin. This time, do NOT click on the Subscribe button next to the match but click on the gold Subscribe button on the white bar that pops up at the bottom of the screen. Its all in post #1272.

registered on new site under VPN, loaded it up on smart tv “not available in your country” shite. Absolute shift trying to fix it so have ended up watching on other “sites” shambles

Where your card is registered to doesn't matter if you are overseas or using a VPN. Your 'problem' is probably that you are on the 'substitute' website. Avoid it, dont use it.

See post #1272 in the attached thread. In particular, the section headed Update. You need to logout, clear cache/cookies, close your browser, open it and start agin. This time, do NOT click on the Subscribe button next to the match but click on the gold Subscribe button on the white bar that pops up at the bottom of the screen. Its all in post #1272.

Wow thank you so much!! Watching now after experiencing the new browser issue!

I'm on a pc but going full screen the bubble disappeared.
Nah mate doesn't shift it.
On full screen and it's still there. Pain in the arse.
Not rocket science but it would seem something else too complicated for Rtv.
They create half the problems themselves.
Amateurs.

registered on new site under VPN, loaded it up on smart tv “not available in your country” shite. Absolute shift trying to fix it so have ended up watching on other “sites” shambles
Unless you have a VPN on your TV then that, obviously, isn't going to work. If you mean you are trying to cast it from phone to TV, for example, then it 'loses' the VPN so you need to either screen mirror or cast an entire tab.

Amateurs.
Sounds more like your Full Screen of Fire TV Stick isn't actually filling your screen tbh. You should have the RangersTV video edge to edge, top to bottom so the bubble isn't visible. Weird.

Amateurs.
I have the exact same issue.
I'm far from convinced it would help but have you tried using TVBro browser rather than Silk? Might work - probably won't. Could be worth a go though.

is the ladies game on RTV at 4pm?

If you click into the fixtures it has RangersTV underneath but thats no guarantee in the past.

See OP for details of viewing tomorrows match v Dundee on RangersTV. Note, RangersTV have suspended broadcasts to Russia, which might affect some of our posters. I'm sure @oranje-viola is based over there for example. Will probably need to use a VPN to teleport to a neighbouring country. Like Ukraine maybe.;)

Utterly ridiculous step. Will affect the sum total of likely one subscriber B-D

Will hardly stop me finding a way to watch it as you say. These sanctions are getting ever more tedious and pointless in achieving the aims the west obviously have and are serving the opposite purpose of galvanising Russians and taking their eye off the real problem and issue.

I doubt blocking Rangers TV will add that spark to the impending revolution they all hope for! Just baseless virtue signalling now

I watched the Red Star RTV highlights on Thursday, on the Silk browser on the Firestick and I was pleasantly surprised that the 'white bar of death' was gone.

I checked another video by going to the St. Johnstone Away Days and again the bar didn't appear, so hopefully it's gone for good.

It does seem to have been replaced by the Ask Rangers icon though as mentioned above.

I watched the Red Star RTV highlights on Thursday, on the Silk browser on the Firestick and I was pleasantly surprised that the 'white bar of death' was gone.

I checked another video by going to the St. Johnstone Away Days and again the bar didn't appear, so hopefully it's gone for good.

It does seem to have been replaced by the Ask Rangers icon though as mentioned above.
Thanks for the update mate. Don't use my Fire TV Stick often (and I have TVBro sideloaded just in case) but if Silk has 'lost' the white bar of death that's a good, good thing.

Complicated weekend on RangersTV.:confused: I've left the OP to focus on just the First Team game v Dundee on Sunday.

More detail on what else is on offer below.

For those overseas, or with a VPN to appear overseas, you can buy a 3 Day Unlimited pass for £9.99. That will let you view the B Team game against the Dhims (Saturday 1300hrs), the First Team game against Dundee (Sunday, 1200hrs) and the Womens Team game against Spartans (Sunday, 1600hrs). Bargain!

If you are in the UK, and have no VPN, then the First Team game will not be available to you. However, you can purchase a two game Weekend Pass at £4.99 that gives Saturdays B Team game against the Dhims and Sundays Womens Team game against Spartans. Do not be confused and think that gets you the First Team game - it doesn't.

Last edited:
Complicated weekend on RangersTV.:confused: I've left the OP to focus on just the First Team game v Dundee on Sunday.

More detail on what else is on offer below.

For those overseas, or with a VPN to appear overseas, you can buy a 3 Day Unlimited pass for £9.99. That will let you view the B Team game against the Dhims (Saturday 1300hrs), the First Team game against Dundee (Sunday, 1200hrs) and the Womens Team game against Spartans (Sunday, 1600hrs). Bargain!

If you are in the UK, and have no VPN, then the First Team game will not be available to you. However, you can purchase a two game Weekend Pass at £4.99 that gives Saturdays B Team game against the Dhims and Sundays Womens Team game against Spartans. Do not be confused and think that gets you the First Team game - it doesn't.
Can I watch the B team game with my annual subscription?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back