Archive Season 2022/23 - The Great Big Bumper Thread of RangersTV Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I watch the B team game with my annual subscription?
If it’s an overseas one then yes. The Standard UK subscription at £6 does not cover live matches so you’d need to buy the two game Weekend Pass at £4.99 and get the B Team and Womens Team matches (but not the First Team).

If you have an overseas subscription you will get all three.

Three MATCH Pass (rather than 3 Day Pass) available from RangersTV for £5.99. Covers the Legends match on Saturday, the Womens Team match on Sunday and the B Team match on Tuesday. UK stream, no VPN required.

Unlimited subscribers should get all three as part of their package.

Last edited:
An old favourite question on FollowFollow is using RangersTV on a Fire Tv Stick.

I have a Fire TV Stick, albeit rarely used. There was an issue over the last year or so where, using Silk, it was very difficult to get it to play videos as you couldn't get to the Play icon because of what became known as the 'white bar of death'. The 'white bar of death' obscured the Play icon and you couldn't get the screen to scroll enough to let you see it. The only real option suggested was to install an alternative browser called TVBro - and it became a real pain in the arse.

It wasn't an issue with the live match streams though, as far as I can recall, as they didn't have the 'white bar of death'. Not sure if that is still the case.

I've just had a play with mine now and tried to play some videos via Silk. Same problem, cannot get to the Play icon because of the 'white bar of death'. Using TVBro though I was able to get it to work because with TVBro you can use the remote to hold the Select+Down buttons and it will scroll the screen to reveal the Play button. Silk wont let you do that for some reason.

See post #310 in this thread (though note that Firefox, which gets a mention, isn't supported on Amazon devices anymore - since Apr 21) on how to install and use TVBro:

That's an old solution though. Anyone got any update on whether there's a better way to do it now - or is it still recommended to use TVBro?

An old favourite question on FollowFollow is using RangersTV on a Fire Tv Stick.

I have a Fire TV Stick, albeit rarely used. There was an issue over the last year or so where, using Silk, it was very difficult to get it to play videos as you couldn't get to the Play icon because of what became known as the 'white bar of death'. The 'white bar of death' obscured the Play icon and you couldn't get the screen to scroll enough to let you see it. The only real option suggested was to install an alternative browser called TVBro - and it became a real pain in the arse.

It wasn't an issue with the live match streams though, as far as I can recall, as they didn't have the 'white bar of death'. Not sure if that is still the case.

I've just had a play with mine now and tried to play some videos via Silk. Same problem, cannot get to the Play icon because of the 'white bar of death'. Using TVBro though I was able to get it to work because with TVBro you can use the remote to hold the Select+Down buttons and it will scroll the screen to reveal the Play button. Silk wont let you do that for some reason.

See post #310 in this thread (though note that Firefox, which gets a mention, isn't supported on Amazon devices anymore - since Apr 21) on how to install and use TVBro:

That's an old solution though. Anyone got any update on whether there's a better way to do it now - or is it still recommended to use TVBro?
I have the same issue trying to watch Rangers TV videos. I can see the live games, but any other content is blocked on Silk by the positioning of the play button and shape of the video screen.

Just wondering if anyone is having issues getting onto RTV today? I'm on "holiday" and only getting a buffering screen just now.

I’m not even getting the option to buy.
You need to be overseas today, since it’s on Sky.

Logout, clear cache/cookies, close browser, open browser, login and try again.

I‘m on Nord for the first time today, having switched VPN provider recently. Sweet as a nut for me.

You need to be overseas today, since it’s on Sky.

Logout, clear cache/cookies, close browser, open browser, login and try again.

I‘m on Nord for the first time today, having switched VPN provider recently. Sweet as a nut for me.
I did all of that first thing. Driving me nuts.

I did all of that first thing. Driving me nuts.
That should work.

Did you check out the link to verify your VPN actually has you overseas?

If it’s SurfShark there might be an issue (see earlier posts).

That should work.

Did you check out the link to verify your VPN actually has you overseas?

If it’s SurfShark there might be an issue (see earlier posts).
Aye - showing as Gio’s home country. I’m with Nord VPN.

Aye - showing as Gio’s home country. I’m with Nord VPN.
Same setup as me then and I’m fine.

Has to be cache/cookies mate - keep trying to clear that. Or try another browser, RTV is fine, you’re just not being recognised as overseas for some reason if not being offered the option to buy. Wee tip - not a lot of good now - buy the day before if you can.

Same setup as me then and I’m fine.

Has to be cache/cookies mate - keep trying to clear that. Or try another browser, RTV is fine, you’re just not being recognised as overseas for some reason if not being offered the option to buy. Wee tip - not a lot of good now - buy the day before if you can.
BBC Scotland for me. Tried everything recommended, but no luck.

That was torture listening to squeaky McLeod and Bonner. Bonner wasn’t convinced we should have had a penalty as the ball “…only hit his forearm”. Callum obviously agreed.

Not seeing the 3 day package available but they have a monthly that includes live games for £24. Is that new?

Not seeing the 3 day package available but they have a monthly that includes live games for £24. Is that new?

Its an Away game mate. Remember you need to have your VPN on and set to overseas. Maybe try clearing cache/cookies and trying again. If necessary use the link in the OP to check your VPN is actually registering your IP Address as overseas.

Its there - just waiting for you to buy it. Remember you cannot buy with the App though.

Last edited:
Its an Away game mate. Remember you need to have your VPN on and set to overseas. Maybe try clearing cache/cookies and trying again.

Its there - just waiting for you to buy it. Remember you cannot buy with the App though.
Weird my vpn is on and working and I’m using the website and not the app. Tried switching from Netherlands to Denmark and also cleared cache. I’m also logged out.

I assume my vpn is working otherwise I wouldn’t see the monthly unlimited option?

Thanks for checking anyway I’ll give it another go later on

Weird my vpn is on and working and I’m using the website and not the app. Tried switching from Netherlands to Denmark and also cleared cache. I’m also logged out.

I assume my vpn is working otherwise I wouldn’t see the monthly unlimited option?

Thanks for checking anyway I’ll give it another go later on
That's a very fair point.

Just looked again and the 3 Day Unlimited is definitely there. Tried on my iPhone browser this time rather than desktop and its there alright. Visited The Netherlands on NordVPN. Maybe try on a different device/browser later.

Recently bought RTV annual subscription on my RTV account that was used for thr virtual season pass last season. Had a look on my order history (different log in ofcourse) and it isn't showing up. Is that normal?

I assumed anything subscription based, tickets, RTV would be there. Curious as to how they reference the mygers points.

Recently bought RTV annual subscription on my RTV account that was used for thr virtual season pass last season. Had a look on my order history (different log in ofcourse) and it isn't showing up. Is that normal?

I assumed anything subscription based, tickets, RTV would be there. Curious as to how they reference the mygers points.

When you initially get RangersTV you need to contact MyGers and the points get added manually mate. Can take several weeks.

Your sub will show on your RangersTV Account of course.

Has anyone any experience of watching RTV on their Chromecast when the VPN is active? Mine keeps telling me it's not available in my country when I try.

Also got a Fire Stick if that's better to get it?

I'm off to the match and am trying to leave instructions for my wife on all things Nord, Fire Stick, RTV. Needless to say, this had disaster written all over it and I will be amazed if her and the wee man catch a minute of the game.:eek: However...

I've bought the match earlier on today, via my phone, with NordVPN.

I'm now on the fire stick, connected to an obscure country (Albania) and logged into RTV (cookies cleared beforehand). Does the 'Watch Live' Red Button only appear closer to kick off? I'm guessing (hoping) so, so that I can just leave this sitting as it is and all she needs to do is refresh the screen at 13:45pm and it'll be there.

Else, if anyone sees a guy at Hampden, stressed out his nut, trying to explain over phone, the RTV process to a wumman attempting it for the first time, that'll be me. :))

I'm off to the match and am trying to leave instructions for my wife on all things Nord, Fire Stick, RTV. Needless to say, this had disaster written all over it and I will be amazed if her and the wee man catch a minute of the game.:eek: However...

I've bought the match earlier on today, via my phone, with NordVPN.

I'm now on the fire stick, connected to an obscure country (Albania) and logged into RTV (cookies cleared beforehand). Does the 'Watch Live' Red Button only appear closer to kick off? I'm guessing (hoping) so, so that I can just leave this sitting as it is and all she needs to do is refresh the screen at 13:45pm and it'll be there.

Else, if anyone sees a guy at Hampden, stressed out his nut, trying to explain over phone, the RTV process to a wumman attempting it for the first time, that'll be me. :))
Watch live will appear at least 30mins before KO.The Erskine countdown screen will be up before programming starts.

Hi Guys

Not being technically minded regarding VPN,s etc., could somebody please tell me:

Now that I've purchased a three day pass using my mobile and my Norton VPN set to Belgium, am I able to log-in to Rangers TV on my TV as I normally would to see the match 'OR' log-in from my mobile phone and cast it to my TV.

Hi Guys

Not being technically minded regarding VPN,s etc., could somebody please tell me:

Now that I've purchased a three day pass using my mobile and my Norton VPN set to Belgium, am I able to log-in to Rangers TV on my TV as I normally would to see the match 'OR' log-in from my mobile phone and cast it to my TV.
Not unless you have a VPN on your tv - which I doubt.

Even worse, accessing on your phone with the VPN on and trying to cast likely won’t work either as the VPN goes off when you cast.

You need to try screen mirroring rather than casting. Your tv likely has Miracast built in which should pick up your phone screen. Might work, might not.

If necessary Google screen mirroring for whatever phone you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back