Archive Season 2022/23 - The Great Big Bumper Thread of RangersTV Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aberdeen game on Wednesday now available to purchase on RangersTV for viewers in the UK as well as overseas.

Note match will be screened on ‘real’ RangersTV not the new provider website set up for Saturday 1500hrs games. Details in OP.

Hi mate. Just going back to your post #636. It reminded me of some issues I’ve had. I’ve tried to watch the B Team game and the Womens Team game on my iPad over the last week. Every time I tried it played OK for 5 minutes (give or take a minute) - same as the timeframe you mention - then reverted to a black screen with the spinning dots. Dunno if that’s typical of your issue or not. That was viewing via the website/Safari. Switched to viewing via the App and everything played fine. Might be worth trying that.

This only started after I updated to iPadOS15 and then 15.0.1. I’ve seen other reports of problems with embedded video on other websites as well. I’m convinced it’s an Apple issue.

That’s if your issues are Safari based of course. If you get the same on the App I’m stumped.
Just in case anyone else encountered these problems on Apple devices after updating to iOS15/iPadOS15 (can’t believe I was the only one). I updated to iOS15.1/iPadOS15.1 last night and all issues are now resolved. I’m guessing a glitch with Safari in earlier versions of 15.

Has anyone successfully used a chrome cast recently on RTV ?
Great question. It is driving me crazy. Is the only way to watch on a TV an HDMI cable from a computer? I have an iphone and it will not let me screen mirror during a live match but will with other content on RTV. Also I cannot find the RTV app in the app store on Apple TV or Roku. Any ideas on watching lives games on a TV without an HDMI cable and a laptop?

Perhaps already been asked and addressed but other than casting the game onto my tv via apple TV is there a better way of doing this? Perhaps directly through the browser on the TV? My TV is a samsung QLED number.

I find when I cast it onto the TV via my phone to apple TV that the play is quite jittery and not of the same quality.

Any help is much appreciated.

Not bought a game for a while.

I’ve bought the game tonight though

Got confirmation email but can’t find where to watch it. ?

It's been a while now since I used the match pass on Rtv, I take it I can just go onto Rtv and watch it from there? There's no different link anymore like the 1 we used for the games during the pandemic?

Will I be able to watch the game tonight in the UK with my overseas package. Won't be able to get a VPN either.

I watch the game on a Sony Bravia through the browser. It’s android and you can install a vpn app for trips abroad when needed.

You can also do airplay from apple devices and this works through the RTV app

What time does it start tonight, @Valley Bluenose ?
Sorry mate been unwell today so only just dragged myself out my pit for this. 1915hrs coverage starts.

For those asking about viewing in the UK - as per the OP no VPN is required for this game.

For those asking about casting, it’s not my thing but last I looked you had to use the App if you wanted to cast.

For those asking about using the browser in your TV then it depends entirely on the quality of your TVs browser. Generally it’s not something I’d recommend but give it a go.

Its all in the OP.

Constantly buffering on Firestick using Silk. Getting sick of this pish. Paying good money for %^*& all.

Constantly buffering on Firestick using Silk. Getting sick of this pish. Paying good money for %^*& all.
Fine on Windows laptop. Try selecting to use the Desktop version of the site in Silk rather than the default (available via top menu bar). Also adjust Settings icon from Auto to 1080p or even lower. No VPN required (just in case you’re using one) and check your Wi-Fi. No kids gaming, no wife on Netflix etc. Your post suggests it’s a regular thing for you, so I’d suggest looking closer to home.

Fine on Windows laptop. Try selecting to use the Desktop version of the site in Silk rather than the default (available via top menu bar). Also adjust Settings icon from Auto to 1080p or even lower. No VPN required (just in case you’re using one) and check your Wi-Fi. No kids gaming, no wife on Netflix etc. Your post suggests it’s a regular thing for you, so I’d suggest looking closer to home.
I had it reduced to 720p. Just reset the modem and Firestick and will do as you suggested. Thanks.

Is anyone else's RTV very quiet? Not terrible, been able to follow the very good coverage with Emma and big Oz but just wondering if it's just me.

I've paid my tenner and can see the game in my subscriptions but can't see anywhere to actually click and watch the game. Any ideas?

How old is your firestick? I have the original one and it’s slow as shit.

It’s the Fire Cube. Its maybe 18 months old. I’ve had to stream it from my laptop. Was all set half an hour before kick off and still missed the first 6 minutes. The website is clunky and slow, user face is poor, it’s just e really poor experience using RTV this season. Last season it was fine.

I’ve travelled up from Wales for the game at Motherwell so won’t be around for RangersTV advice tomorrow. Most of what you need is in the OP.

Remember it’s overseas - or those able to be overseas via a VPN - only.

I’ve travelled up from Wales for the game at Motherwell so won’t be around for RangersTV advice tomorrow. Most of what you need is in the OP.

Remember it’s overseas - or those able to be overseas via a VPN - only.
Enjoy mate, you definitely deserve an RTV day off during a game B-)

Live Audio coverage v Motherwell packed in for me after about 20 minutes.

Suddenly there was a sound like a phone ringing and the commentary came back. Weird.

Last edited:
Flawless again for me today:

I have travelled to the Netherlands using Ivacy.

The things that really help my experience are:
- strong, reliable wifi via a mesh network. Most free routers are absolute pish.
- a network wide VPN which can be achieved using the above

Has anyone successfully used a chrome cast recently on RTV ?

I can chrome cast from my MacBook Pro when using Google chrome browser direct to my android tv.

Before anyone jumps in, I know the difference between airplay & chrome cast. I also have an Apple TV connected for airplay but I rarely use it now.

My main RTV use is via the app sideloaded onto my Nvidia Shield box.

I should have checked the last posts before posting :))

It's a wee bump for the thread anyway B-D
And much appreciated. I'm kinda leaning towards not bumping it for a wee while as it often feels like its only me posting. I may be tempting fate by saying most - finally - seem to have got to grips with things.

That said, the next Saturday 1500hrs game (on the alternate website) will be the usual mess ha ha.

Purchased game for £9.99 on RTV. Can see it in my subscriptions list. Take it there is a live button that eventually appears next to fixture?

Purchased game for £9.99 on RTV. Can see it in my subscriptions list. Take it there is a live button that eventually appears next to fixture?
Sorry, missed this. Yeah, Watch Live button is there now (on desktop, dunno about on App). Takes you to an Erskine screen placeholder. Live coverage starts at 1430hrs UK time.

For Fire TV Stick users, poster @Bishy Bear posted this in another thread. Looks like progress - provided you have one of the new 4K MAX Fire TV Sticks:

For those who watch RTV on their firestick will recall that it was previously possible to side load the app and watch from the app which always proved to be more stable than watching via the browser on the firestick.

When the RTV app was updated at the start of the year, it was no longer possible to install the app on the firestick.

However I have just picked up one of the new 4K max fire tv sticks and sideloaded the new RTV app no problem, logged in and I am watching content from my account.

As before you will need to use downloader and side load the app via APK Pure (or another such site).

VB - Are all matches, league , cups and europa, shown on delayed transmission after midnight ?
I have £60 annual sub to RTV and will be in USA at end of month into December and hope to watch in the evening after midnight UK time.

VB - Are all matches, league , cups and europa, shown on delayed transmission after midnight ?
I have £60 annual sub to RTV and will be in USA at end of month into December and hope to watch in the evening after midnight UK time.
All domestic matches are screened ‘after midnight’. Sometimes it’s right on the money, sometimes it can be a few hours late unfortunately. Also, when first uploaded the Full Match tends to be fairly low resolution - so sometimes not the best quality but still watchable. Europa League games I’m not so certain on - might be 24 hours after for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back