Archive Season 2022/23 - The Great Big Bumper Thread of RangersTV Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks not a clue what to do tho lol
I assume you are either overseas or have a VPN to appear to be overseas? If not, you ain’t watching.

If so, it’s VPN on, go to RangersTV Home page, do NOT login, click on Subscribe next to Malmö game, from the next screen select the Away game v Malmö (£7.99) and the purchase will take you through login.

That‘s explained in more detail in the thread linked in post #6. Can’t make it any more clear than that. Give it a readl

Just logged into RTV with my vpn & keep getting told only available in certain countries? I've tried servers in USA & Germany & still no joy :(
Edit: I've sorted it

Tom interrupts himself to go “live to trackside for update from Steven Gerrard” only for a video to be shown that was on YouTube an hour ago

Just logged into RTV with my vpn & keep getting told only available in certain countries? I've tried servers in USA & Germany & still no joy :(
Read the OP in the thread linked in post #6.

Have you bought the game? Or do you have the Unlimited subscription? If looking to PPV then buy the game BEFORE you login.

Could try clearing cache/cookies and making sure you are in France, Germany, The Netherlands.

Read the OP in the thread linked in post #6.

Have you bought the game? Or do you have the Unlimited subscription? If looking to PPV then buy the game BEFORE you login.

Could try clearing cache/cookies and making sure you are in France, Germany, The NetherlanDTs,
I've sorted it. I've got an unlimited package. I just logged out of my account & logged back in with the vpn on ;)

I’ve bought the VPN, purchased the game, travelled to Belgium, but just got buffering when I click to watch the game.

I just want to brag that I’ve got a network wide VPN set up now so I can get RTV right through my TV browser.

Piece of piss to set up, if your router supports it.

You’d think I’d have learned my lesson after the RTV Aberdeen game fiasco but here we are another £8 wasted on buffering shite

Then go somewhere else, and repeat it until you find a country where the VPN isnt overloaded.
I’ve given up with this now but will try that next time DocStone cheers

Edit: Quick trip over to Switzerland from Belgium at half time ensured I saw the second half on my ‘phone. Think the issue was either the country or the fact Chrome wasn’t having it on my laptop. Cheers

Last edited:
You’d think I’d have learned my lesson after the RTV Aberdeen game fiasco but here we are another £8 wasted on buffering shite
I think yours is only the second post I’ve seen referring to buffering. Stream has been perfect for me via laptop and a short trip to The Netherlands. What device are you using? Any VPN involved (I seem to recall you are overseas maybe?).

What do you see? Watch Live button or not? Subscribe button?

Try logging out, clear cache/cookies then login and try again. Make sure you have your VPN on.

EDIT: If you are not abroad then you CANNOT get the game. Have you bought the Home leg by mistake £9.99 or £7.99? You wouldn’t even have been able to buy the Away leg unless overseas.

What do you see? Watch Live button or not? Subscribe button?

Try logging out, clear cache/cookies then login and try again. Make sure you have your VPN on.

EDIT: If you are not abroad then you CANNOT get the game. Have you bought the Home leg by mistake £9.99 or £7.99?
Yip, done the very same, didn't read the email properly and bought next week's game, as the grandson would say "silly Granpa ".

@DocStone I’ve now made the OP a bit more generic. I will update the opening para on a game-by-game basis and it would be nice if you could continue to link it in your famous match threads.:) Now updated for Dundee United game.

Many thanks if you are happy to do that.

Now that’s bizarre. You are making sure you have NOT logged in? That’s important.

I have the Unlimited package. If I login from overseas there is currently nothing next to the Malmö v Rangers game. Watch Live will appear later.

If I go to the Home page from overseas and do NOT login there is a Subscribe button. Clicking on that brings up all the options available for purchase including tonight’s game.

I‘d suggest making sure you are NOT logged in. If it’s still the same then logout, clear cache/cookies, VPN off, VPN on, open browser and try again.
I definitely wasn’t logged in mate. I did get it today though using a link from an email from Rangers. Bizarre as you say but got there in the end. Thanks again.

Tonight before the match there was no videos available on the TV app on my iPad ( they were all greyed out) I tried again at half time and when I pressed video I only got the audio service. Luckily I had my old laptop so watched the game on that but it isn’t half stressfu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back