Archive Season 2022/23 - The Great Big Bumper Thread of RangersTV Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been sweet as a nut for me today. If needs must, pull the scroll bar along the bottom back by circa 2 minutes. Means you will be further behind live but might solve your buffering. If that doesn't help can only conclude your VPN is slowing your feed down to unacceptable levels.
Appreciate the advice mate, thanks.

@Valley Bluenose thanks for the OP mate! I’m over in Belgium today ;)

Bought the game on RTV website on my iPhone, but you recommend using a browser to view and cast to TV?
I think they’ve restored the Cast button to the App now mate but no idea if it works. From memory, if you are using a VPN it doesn’t work because the phone and the device you are casting to aren’t on the same network. As for the website I think the Cast icon has always been there if casting to Chromebook, for example, but you’ve the same issue with the devices being on different networks.

Casting is not my think. It’s voodoo as far as I’m concerned. You need someone else to advise on that I’m afraid. Hopefully someone comes along.

My memory tells me screen-mirroring rather than casting is the answer.

Ah, that’s it sorry! Like you, casting is alien to me. On my surface pro (works like a laptop) I usually hit the tv looking button and mirror my screen. Will do that again.

Nice wee timely bump for the thread anyway ;)
Check out if your TV has Miracast built in (it’s fairly common) then Google your make of phone and Miracast mate. That lets you screen mirror. There‘s other ways but that seems most common.

Check out if your TV has Miracast built in (it’s fairly common) then Google your make of phone and Miracast mate. That lets you screen mirror. There‘s other ways but that seems most common.
Good shout, thanks.

Turns out Sony, LG, Samsung, Toshiba and Panasonic have miracast if a few years old or younger.

iOS is a nonstarter because of AirPlay. So a device with windows 8.1 or 10 will work on a miracast smart tv.

Good shout, thanks.

Turns out Sony, LG, Samsung, Toshiba and Panasonic have miracast if a few years old or younger.

Now you just have to get it working. Maybe try putting your VPN on to visit Belgium, load up RangersTV and try playing a video? Helps put your mind at ease early doors ha ha.

I assume screen mirroring will work with a VPN on, so you should hopefully be fine.

12+hrs till kick off cant wait

rtv.png

Are you overseas (with a VPN if necessary)?

If not then you need to be. Not available in UK.

If you are, then logout, clear cache/cookies, close browser, open browser and try again.

I have VPNd everywhere today, logged out, cleared the lot on Firestick and laptop and still, despite seeing the ‘subscribe for £240’ ads, only seeing listen live.

My Dad is seeing the same - anything else?

RTV drives me bonkers.

The Rangers v Dhims match on Sunday (29 Aug, 1200hrs) is now available for purchase from RangersTV for those overseas, or 'overseas' via a VPN, at a cost of £9.99. The match is also available to Unlimited subscribers as part of their subscription package. Do NOT Login before attempting to purchase the match. The purchase process will take you through Login. The first link below will take you to the purchase page. You need to be overseas or 'overseas' via a VPN to see the game offered for purchase.

NOTE: RangersTV purchases have to be made via the website NOT the App.

The guide below is focussed on the procedure for matches not available in the UK via RangersTV.

New season, so time for a ‘refresh’ on how to make it all work. All instructions below are for desktop/laptop. Whatever device you use for your viewing, I’d recommend using the website rather than the (poor) App. That’s not always possible if you want to cast though. Using a TV browser is at your own risk, many are not up to the task. I still can’t get the App to launch on Fire TV Stick either but Silk browser works for me.

1. The game is available on Sky Sports, but for those – the majority hopefully – who want to give their money to the Club you can view it on RangersTV provided you are overseas or have access to a VPN to make it appear you are overseas. I won’t go into what a VPN is too much because we’ve covered it often but if anybody wants more info just ask.

2. If using a VPN, I would always recommend a good quality paid-for VPN. The Club have links with NordVPN and they are as good as it gets, especially if you are going to be using it long-term. There are others out there. For a one-off use there are options such as Opera, which is free, but they tend to have drawbacks. Any VPN will slow down your connection and can lead to buffering. A free/cheap VPN will generally slow it down more than a good quality one such as NordVPN. A discount deal may, or may not, be available from the Rangers/NordVPN affiliate link below.

Buying the Match

3. If you don’t have the Unlimited (overseas) subscription then you need to PPV. You can only purchase matches via the website and not via the App. Apple/Google get a 20%+ slice of the pie for in-App purchases so it’s not viable for the club.

4. Switch on your VPN and set it to a location overseas. Ideally select a location near to the UK. France, Belgium, The Netherlands are all favourites of mine. These will generally have lower latency that areas further afield, i.e. they will be ‘quicker’.

5. To check that its worked, if you want to, click on the following link. It should show you as located in the country of your choice.

What Is My IP Address - See Your Public Address - IPv4 & IPv6

6. Go to the RangersTV Home page. Do NOT login. Click on any button that says Subscribe or Buy Match Pass. This will bring up a page of options available for purchase by overseas users. This will include the upcoming game. Click to purchase the game and the purchase process will take you through Login as part of the payment process. Don’t worry about any messages regarding an existing subscription just click through them (unless you actually have Unlimited LOL). You do not need a UK address or UK bank details to purchase. Once your purchase is made you can relax and wait until about an hour before kick-off time.

Viewing the Match

7. If you have turned it off, go back and turn on your VPN and set it to your location of choice (France, Belgium etc). Normally, around 1 hour before the match (though sometimes it’s much less) the Watch Live button will appear on the RangersTV Home page.

RangersTV | Rangers Football Club

8. Go to the RangersTV Home page (with your VPN set to overseas) and Login. When the Watch Live button appears (sometimes it goes red) click on it. If the stream is ‘live’ you will normally get the placeholder page for Erskine from about 1 hour before kick-off. ‘Moving pictures’ generally appear about half an hour before kick-off, though this can vary. If you cannot find the game, scroll down to the section headed RangersTV Latest and the game should appear in there. If you’re not seeing the Watch Live button - and are sure your VPN is working properly - maybe try logging out, clear cache/cookies the login and try again.

9. To make sure you get sound, either roll your mouse over the top left-hand corner of the video window and click on Unmute when it appears – or simply go to the Enlarge icon in the bottom right and go Full Screen, which will unmute automatically.

10. At this stage, to help reduce any buffering, I’d also click on the Settings icon in the bottom right of the video panel and change it from Auto to 1080P. If you encounter buffering after this then try dropping it down another step to see if it helps. In extreme times, Tranmere game was one, the stream became unwatchable due to buffering. In that instance I pulled the bottom slider bar back by roughly 2 minutes and pressed Play. No more buffering but, of course, I was a few minutes behind ‘live’. Hopefully we never need to do that again.

11. Keep an eye on FollowFollow. Generally, someone will post ‘live now’ or ‘moving pictures’ or similar. If your screen doesn’t reflect that then simply Refresh your browser.

One final point, please, please make sure you do not login on more than 1 device at a time. If you do, you risk having your Account blocked and will need to go down the Forgotten Password route. If you are in the habit of leaving yourself logged in of the App, for example, make sure you logout of the App before trying to login via your browser. When done watching, logout and turn off your VPN.

That’s it. Happy viewing - or Lets’ Go (Again) as Stevie G would say.

I generally pick up on any threads/posts on RangersTV issues and try and help out (I’m nothing to do with RangersTV by the way). If I can’t get on for whatever reason, there are plenty others on hand, many with more knowledge than me, who can help out.
I am in Indonesia I have a RTV full subscription and have been watching all games so far without issue however today I can only listen live. Really disappointed to be watching the game via hesgoal. Come on Rangers TV we deserve better than this

I have VPNd everywhere today, logged out, cleared the lot on Firestick and laptop and still, despite seeing the ‘subscribe for £240’ ads, only seeing listen live.

RTV drives me bonkers.
Same thing for me

RTV drives me bonkers.
I am in Indonesia I have a RTV full subscription and have been watching all games so far without issue however today I can only listen live. Really disappointed to be watching the game via hesgoal. Come on Rangers TV we deserve better than this
Strange. Been fine for me today. Very odd especially for the poster in Indonesia who has the subscription. I’m assuming @rabdcd you are not on the App (which is shit)?

For @papasasac i assume this shows you as overseas?

If it does, check your RangersTV Account and make sure your purchase of the match has registered mate.

For both, other than both doing the old logout, clear cache/cookies thing I’m stumped. Maybe try a different browser - Edge or Chrome seem best - but remember to logout before switching browser.

RTV drives me bonkers.

Same for me, resorted to watching it on Now TV. Would prefer to watch on RTV, tried firestick and app, but not giving me the option to "Watch Live", first time this happened.

I have tried vpn in Germany (my usual) and Belgium, but no joy.

Strange. Been fine for me today. Very odd especially for the poster in Indonesia who has the subscription. I’m assuming @rabdcd you are not on the App (which is shit)?

For @papasasac i assume this shows you as overseas?

If it does, check your RangersTV Account and make sure your purchase of the match has registered mate.

For both, other than both doing the old logout, clear cache/cookies thing I’m stumped. Maybe try a different browser - Edge or Chrome seem best - but remember to logout before switching browser.

thanks. Still no joy. I’ve deliberately logged out every time and tried iPad, phone, Firestick and laptop. IP is all good and I can see ‘subscribe for £240’ on RTV before I login which is usually a good sign.

thanks. Still no joy. I’ve deliberately logged out every time and tried iPad, phone, Firestick and laptop. IP is all good and I can see ‘subscribe for £240’ on RTV before I login which is usually a good sign.
Shite RTV experience for you mate. Hopefully the result compensates.;)

I‘d make a point of checking up other live matches - B Team or Women - soon and see how you get on.

Couldn't watch the match today. I've got the full £240 package but RTV kept telling me the match was only available to subscribers. Tried various jaunts around Europe but nothing worked.

Worked fine for me today on a wee holiday. Took a while to get going on the VPN, but once it did it was ok. Got 15 mins in and tablet overheated, shit itself down. Had to revert to well trodden ground on my TV browser.

Club got the money though. :)

Good idea, will do.

just when I think I’ve got a handle on all the wee nuances!
There’s a handful who had the same issue. Of course, speaking to RangersTV is a waste of time as they will see you’ve tried multiple VPN locations and refuse to help.

Be interesting to hear what they would say to poster @rabdcd who encountered this problem and is actually, genuinely, overseas. If you drop in mate it might be worth emailing RangersTV Support to see what the issue was for you.

rangerstvsupport@streamamg.com

There’s a handful who had the same issue. Of course, speaking to RangersTV is a waste of time as they will see you’ve tried multiple VPN locations and refuse to help.

Be interesting to hear what they would say to poster @rabdcd who encountered this problem and is actually, genuinely, overseas. If you drop in mate it might be worth emailing RangersTV Support to see what the issue was for you.

rangerstvsupport@streamamg.com
I did email RTV on the off chance that it was some sort of account lock but got the VPN response - I thought that might be the case too.

would be interested to know what the rabdcd found out.

Thanks letting us know about the issue.

We have investigated this for you and its appears there may be the possibility of a VPN in use.

Access from multiple countries in a short space of time

When a VPN is in use, we cannot guarantee the compatibility and cannot support its usage.

When the system logs shows a VPN is in use, we cannot process a refund as this is strictly prohibited.

Thank you for your understanding.’

I did email RTV on the off chance that it was some sort of account lock but got the VPN response - I thought that might be the case too.

We have investigated this for you and its appears there may be the possibility of a VPN in use.

When a VPN is in use, we cannot guarantee the compatibility and cannot support its usage.

When the system logs shows a VPN is in use, we cannot process a refund as this is strictly prohibited.

Yeah standard response I’m afraid. That’s why I’m interested to hear what they would say to @rabdcd if he contacted them. No VPN used in his case.

That’s a shite response considering the club has been dropping hints left, right and centre when plugging the partnership promoting the discount with Nord VPN.

Couldn't watch the match today. I've got the full £240 package but RTV kept telling me the match was only available to subscribers. Tried various jaunts around Europe but nothing worked.

I was the same, the first time in two seasons, I have not been able to watch a game through the Unlimited RTV subscription and using nordvpn. A tour of Europe did not help.

I watched the B team yesterday, and have watched the highlights today, also checked my subscription, which is still valid till July 2022.

I was the same, the first time in two seasons, I have not been able to watch a game through the Unlimited RTV subscription and using nordvpn. A tour of Europe did not help.

I watched the B team yesterday, and have watched the highlights today, also checked my subscription, which is still valid till July 2022.
I do wonder if it’s one or both of:

1. They wanted to reduce traffic a bit otherwise it’s a shambles for everyone so we being more strict.

2. Now there are a lot of Nord VPN users there’s a possibility a few people are jumping on to a shared VPN that’s already in use by another subscriber and causing a flag.

Sounds like all good this week? Any ideas @andy17x ?

Were you more careful about setting vpn up before login?

got to be a wee trick to this

I watched on Sky this weekend.

Think my custom with Rangers TV is done after last weekend, lots of games so far this pre-season and season have been horrific and their customer service is non-existent.

Interestingly, I note from the Motherwell FC website that they are directing their fans to buy this Sunday's match on UK PPV from RangersTV. So, I assume, this match will be available to those in the UK as well as those overseas. See details in the OP. Its already available to buy from RangersTV now, though they haven't advertised the match yet

I know the TV deal permitting this rolled over from last season but this will be this first time we've really used it this season. Hopefully this continues as it will be great for those UK viewers unable to get to Ibrox. Those who normally use a VPN will, of course, NOT be required to bring it into play to view the match - great for those who cast or who use devices upon which it is hard to get a VPN installed.

Motherwell game now officially announced for RangersTV by the Club. Clive Tyldesley and Kevin Thomson doing the comms, with Emma Dodds, Neil McCann and Alan Hutton in the studio.

See OP for details of how to purchase.

Yeah standard response I’m afraid. That’s why I’m interested to hear what they would say to @rabdcd if he contacted them. No VPN used in his case.
Sorry for the late update Yes I contacted RTV and I was told a VPN was detected and yes I have a VPN but for sure it was not connected. I tried everything including my works laptop and a foreign mobile phone on a 4G without a VPN on the phone nothing worked..

Sorry for the late update Yes I contacted RTV and I was told a VPN was detected and yes I have a VPN but for sure it was not connected. I tried everything including my works laptop and a foreign mobile phone on a 4G without a VPN on the phone nothing worked..
Thanks for coming back mate. That’s the weirdest response ever. I’m intrigued as to how they detected a VPN if you didn’t have one in use. I’ve no idea how they would do that unless, perhaps, they looked at previous records - which brings up a raft of additional questions about what data they store about us and for how long.

Has the same issue persisted for games since out of interest? I’d also be interested to hear what happens if you DO use a VPN and set it to the UK (todays game is available in the UK).

Motherwell game now officially announced for RangersTV by the Club. Clive Tyldesley and Kevin Thomson doing the comms, with Emma Dodds, Neil McCann and Alan Hutton in the studio.

See OP for details of how to purchase.

Anyone else having problems purchasing today’s game on RTV? I can’t seem to find a purchase link with or without a VPN. (Definitely not using my UK VPN this time!)

Bit of a silly question here. Do season ticket holders have access to live home games on Rangers tv? I watched the Livingston game. Not sure what the score is now

To be fair they don't normally start coverage until circa 1430hrs - but you usually get the Watch Live with the placeholder screen from an hour before.

Patience I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back