Archive Season 2022/23 - The Great Big Bumper Thread of RangersTV Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
following the instructions and clicking on the subscription button, but no sign of Livingston game being available to purchase, anyone else having this issue. thanks

following the instructions and clicking on the subscription button, but no sign of Livingston game being available to purchase, anyone else having this issue. thanks
You want to buy the 3 day pass mate. If you don’t see it then there’s an issue with your VPN not registering as being overseas.

got it mate, thanks.
There may be a hidden bonus there. I asked RangersTV last season what the actual timeline was on the 3 day pass and they said 72 hours from time of purchase. If that is still the case - and I have no idea - you might well get the Dundee game on Saturday as part of that package. They may have changed it to 3 calendar days - but I suspect they haven't.

Let us know on Saturday!:))

So here we go again. All I’m getting is black screen with spinning circle. Anyone else having issues tonight?
Working fine for me on desktop.

What device? What VPN? What broadband speed?

Could try logging out, clear cache/cookies, close browser/open browser and logging in again.

If you are on a TV browser then your symptoms are not untypical. Wouldn't recommend it.

So here we go again. All I’m getting is black screen with spinning circle. Anyone else having issues tonight
Working fine for me on desktop.

What device? What VPN? What broadband speed?

Could try logging out, clear cache/cookies, close browser/open browser and logging in again.

If you are on a TV browser then your symptoms are not untypical. Wouldn't recommend it.
MacBook Pro Google chrome HDMI to telly Nord in Belgium sky fibre.
if everyone else is working I’ll log out and jet over to France and try again.

So here we go again. All I’m getting is black screen with spinning circle. Anyone else having issues tonight

MacBook Pro Google chrome HDMI to telly Nord in Belgium sky fibre.
if everyone else is working I’ll log out and jet over to France and try again.
Shouldn't have any problems with that setup mate.

Couldn't be anything to do with recent Apple updates could it? I noticed when I updates my iPad to iPadOS 15 I got some stuff about hiding your IP address and other 'privacy' stuff. Sure the equivalent update has been applied to Macs and Macbooks.

I’m genuinely watching in Germany and it’s completely failed now.
Blue spinning circle is all I’ve got after watching the first half with no problems

Unwatchable replay.

I'll try again in a few hours, seems to fix the quality for some unknown reason.

Anyone know if there is there a genuine reason for this? I know I'm not alone

Really is piss poor.

Dundee game now available to buy for those overseas or ‘overseas’ via VPN. See details in OP. 3 Day Unlimited Package on offer (note this does not get you access to the Relentle55 video, which is a stand-alone purchase).

Quick question, when i am abroad via vpn I can get the games fine - but casting via chrome cast or Apple TV from laptop or pad to the tele, i cant get a full screen picture on the tv just a smaller picture on the screen. Any advice?

Quick question, when i am abroad via vpn I can get the games fine - but casting via chrome cast or Apple TV from laptop or pad to the tele, i cant get a full screen picture on the tv just a smaller picture on the screen. Any advice?
Casting is something I’ve no experience of mate. Only a guess, but could it be a Setting on the TV that needs adjusted?

Plenty others on here cast though so maybe somebody can help.

Any of the Saturday shift able to help @The Gospel Bear with his casting issue?

My guess is something in the Picture Settings of his TV but I never cast so it is only a guess. I've seen plenty posts from folk who cast successfully so it must be a relatively simple issue to overcome.

Struggling big style to buy this one. VPN confirms I'm in Netherlands but the buy match pass option or 3 day unlimited pass is nowhere to be seen. I'm logged out and I've cleared the cookies on both chrome and brave browsers. Worked fine a few weeks ago.

Struggling big style to buy this one. VPN confirms I'm in Netherlands but the buy match pass option or 3 day unlimited pass is nowhere to be seen. I'm logged out and I've cleared the cookies on both chrome and brave browsers. Worked fine a few weeks ago.
Just tried with my own VPN set to The Netherlands and no issues. Does the Whats My IP link confirm you are registered in The Netherlands (as opposed to your VPN)?

Either way, you might find switching to another location like France or Belgium solves the issue. Its definitely a VPN problem.

Netherlands was no go for me too. Nipped over the border to Nord hotel, Belgium, all good now.

Cheers guys, switched from Netherlands to Belgium brought the 3 day pass up. The benefits of residing in a small border town

Many thanks

Last edited:

Previously I had an issue casting, as my WiFi picked up that I was in the UK, and would not allow this. I was using a vpn on my phone to get the game.

Have not tried since the beginning of last season, preferring the tried and tested route of hdmi cable connecting laptop to TV, or more recently I have been using the firestick through the TV Bro browser.

Previously I had an issue casting, as my WiFi picked up that I was in the UK, and would not allow this. I was using a vpn on my phone to get the game.

Have not tried since the beginning of last season, preferring the tried and tested route of hdmi cable connecting laptop to TV, or more recently I have been using the firestick through the TV Bro browser.
If you're using Chrome browser, try casting entire tab, not small icon in video window. This usually works for me.

Just bought a new LG Smart-TV last week with only 2 hdmi slots where I used to have 3. Have FireStick and Local TV Box connected. So now using my home Wifi network to connect my laptop.
In win 10 you can Project (bottom right on taskbar) the laptop screen to your TV via an hdmi & you can also us Nearby Sharing via you local (in home) wifi network by choosing ‘Connect to a wireless display’ @ the bottom of the Project list.

Correction:
In Settings/Devices you need to ‘pair’/connect nearby devices.

Last edited:
Bought the 3 day pass on Wednesday night. I'm assuming they ain't that daft and i'll need to buy another to see it today?
I don't know if this is still the case, I was told last season that the 3 Day Unlimited Pass runs for 72 hours from when you buy it. So, in theory, anyone who bought the 3 Day Unlimited Pass AFTER 1700hrs on Wednesday should get todays game for free as its within the 72 hour timeframe. Be interesting to hear if that still works.

Let us know if it works for you - for future reference.

nothing I do is letting me buy the match. Tried every country, clearing cookies etc. WTF?
Clear cache/cookies again. Reboot and try again. Make sure your VPN is recognising you are overseas with this link. Use Edge or Chrome browsers. Remember its the 3 Day Unlimited Pass you're looking for.:

Argh, laptop has decided it wanted to drop a pile of updates on me, finally just getting on now.

Now my Virgin Media router has shat it :D

It's not happening. Everything is in pounds and no option to buy the match. Gutted.
Well it would be priced in pounds.

What do you see when you click on Subscribe? Should see the Annual Unlimited (£240) offered and, of course, the 3 Day Unlimited Pass (£9.99) amongst other things. If you don't see either of them offered then there's an issue with your VPN. Which VPN are you using?

Its the 3 Day Unlimited Pass you want to buy remember - you won't see it offered as Dundee v Rangers. As explained in the OP.

Buffering like hell on mine iPad to Apple TV, tried changing from Belgium to France Nord VPN 300 meg, still the same gonna be a long afternoon.

Is the RTV broadcast shite for everyone right now? Constant buffering for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back