Archive Season 2022/23 - The Great Big Bumper Thread of RangersTV Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
RTV stopped buffering 4 mins into the match. Well thank f*ck for that.

does rtv not cast through opera browser now ?

bought a 3 day pass and need to now watch it on the pc

Last edited:
I don't know if this is still the case, I was told last season that the 3 Day Unlimited Pass runs for 72 hours from when you buy it. So, in theory, anyone who bought the 3 Day Unlimited Pass AFTER 1700hrs on Wednesday should get todays game for free as its within the 72 hour timeframe. Be interesting to hear if that still works.

Let us know if it works for you - for future reference.

It’s working for me. Never had to pay again

Thanks for your advice here @Valley Bluenose I decided it was time to arrive into the 21st Century this afternoon and try Rangers TV as I was visiting France. Using a Mac and NordVpn, had constant buffering in the first half but managed to see the Aribo goal. Disabled the Auto function and dropped down to 720 but still same problem so gave up.

Decided to have another crack at for the second half and banned all usage of mobiles, tablets etc in the vicinity. I have heard Copenhagen is beautiful at this time of year and no buffering in the second half. RTV settings at Auto for the second half.

Well how bad was that for me.
Unable to watch on my iPad constantly buffering on the Apple TV after paying the RTV fee.
Went you know where and was able to cast that to the tv?
Then I remembered updated to ios15 but the Apple TV still on 14.7 ha ha I thought, will update the Apple TV took 40 mins, back to the iPad, to endure that performance.
Son watched it upstairs on his iPad mini on RTV did not buffer once.
Think I have worked it out, but unable to verify his iPad mini is connected to the mesh in the house, Apple TV to the VM router so think that maybe the problem, although never had any problems last season.
Also nae booze watching that as nightshift tonight, bah humbug.

Unable to watch on my iPad constantly buffering on the Apple TV after paying the RTV fee.
Then I remembered updated to ios15 but the Apple TV still on 14.7 ha ha I thought, will update the Apple TV took 40 mins, back to the iPad, to endure that performance.
Think I have worked it out, but unable to verify his iPad mini is connected to the mesh in the house, Apple TV to the VM router so think that maybe the problem, although never had any problems last season.
Not sure the differing iOS versions would have made a difference. However, is it possible that the AppleTV was downloading the update in the background ready for installation? I know my iPhone and iPad do that. What's for sure is that if both you and your son were trying to stream at the same time then its going to impact on available bandwidth to download the stream. If both the download of the update and the double streaming were going at the same time it probably explains your issues.

Though there are a few reports of buffering today. As normal, I had no issues at all but that's on an ethernet connection with everybody else in the house told to get off the internet.

Thanks for your advice here @Valley Bluenose I decided it was time to arrive into the 21st Century this afternoon and try Rangers TV as I was visiting France. Using a Mac and NordVpn, had constant buffering in the first half but managed to see the Aribo goal. Disabled the Auto function and dropped down to 720 but still same problem so gave up.

Decided to have another crack at for the second half and banned all usage of mobiles, tablets etc in the vicinity. I have heard Copenhagen is beautiful at this time of year and no buffering in the second half. RTV settings at Auto for the second half.
Yeah, using a VPN its a bit of a lottery how good the connection will be to the server you use. I normally go for The Netherlands, with France, Belgium and Germany as back-ups on the odd occasion its poor. Some folk find Edge and Chrome better browsers to use than the Apple one but I'm not convinced it makes a difference.

Welcome to the wonderful world of RangersTV though. I'm sure we will see you again on this thread LOL.:)

Absolutely no problems for me today. A pleasant afternoon here in Brussels, Nord hotel. 1080p video, crisp sound, no buffering at all.
Chrome browser, cast entire tab to big screen, works every time.
Only concern today was lacklustre team performance, but 3 points is all that really matters.
WATP

Absolutely no problems for me today. A pleasant afternoon here in Brussels, Nord hotel. 1080p video, crisp sound, no buffering at all.
Chrome browser, cast entire tab to big screen, works every time.
Only concern today was lacklustre team performance, but 3 points is all that really matters.
WATP
@The Gospel Bear this 'might' help you - or you can ask the poster for more info if necessary. Do you cast the entire tab as suggested?

@Valley Bluenose I got both the Livi and today’s game as part of my 3 day package so confirming it must be 72 hours rather than 3 calendar days B-D
Thanks for the update mate. That’s two folk now who have confirmed that. Something for everyone to bear in mind whenever the Club offer the 3 Day Unlimited package.

I don’t like to encourage folk to potentially deprive the Club of extra dosh but it is what it is. Always reading posters in here demanding the Club ‘give something back’ or a ‘wee gesture of appreciation’ or even a ‘thank you’. Well, they might not intend it, but here it is ha ha.:)

A reminder Thursday's game against Sparta will not be available live on RangersTV - anywhere - only on BTSport within the UK.

The Hibernian game on Sunday is now available to purchase on RangersTV. This match will be available within the UK as well as overseas, so no requirement for a VPN. Details in OP.

A wee bump as a reminder that tomorrows game is available in the UK as well as overseas. All details in the OP.

By my count there are only two seats left for purchase for those who want to attend the match.

Just another thought on this. I'm updated to iOS15 now and watched the Womens Team the other night via the website, using Safari, on my iPad. Couldn't get it to stream for more than 10 minutes without it then reverting to a black screen with the spinning dots. Everyone had a short issue first half but mine continued throughout the match.

I note that iOS15.1 is now out. I've updated to that and will give it another go on my iPad when the Womens or B Team are next live on RangersTV.

Sorted for tomorrow, apart from one game v st Johnstone last season RTV has been pretty much spot on for us and we have paid for every game since its been available here in the UK.

Just another thought on this. I'm updated to iOS15 now and watched the Womens Team the other night via the website, using Safari, on my iPad. Couldn't get it to stream for more than 10 minutes without it then reverting to a black screen with the spinning dots. Everyone had a short issue first half but mine continued throughout the match.

I note that iOS15.1 is now out. I've updated to that and will give it another go on my iPad when the Womens or B Team are next live on RangersTV.
Working tomorrow VB so iPad it is tethered to my iPhone, able to get 5G in work so never had a problem watching it on sky will let you know how it goes, will make sure both are updated to 15.1.

This season I’ve found that I can only watch RTV on the chrome browser. Had constant buffering anytime I’ve tried to use Silk on the Firestick or Edge on the laptop. Works flawlessly using chrome. Has anybody else noticed that or had problems with other browsers?

You’d think if there was a problem they would tell us or at least put up a disclaimer saying, best viewed in Chrome.

This season I’ve found that I can only watch RTV on the chrome browser. Had constant buffering anytime I’ve tried to use Silk on the Firestick or Edge on the laptop. Works flawlessly using chrome. Has anybody else noticed that or had problems with other browsers?

You’d think if there was a problem they would tell us or at least put up a disclaimer saying, best viewed in Chrome.
RangersTV do suggest/recommend Chrome and Edge. Firestick isn’t even a supported device but it does work and it does work for me with Silk. For streaming at least. I need TVBro browser for video. I always select to use the full/desktop website rather than the default though. It’s just a click on one of the top menu icons. Of course you are dependent on your Wi-Fi signal.

However, it’s strange that you have issues on Edge but not on Chrome. Do you have the latest version of Edge installed, sometimes called Edge Chromium? These days, at least with the version that’s been around for the last year or more, Edge is basically Chrome. Under the hood they are identical, it’s just the visual branding that is different. So if one works then so should the other.

RangersTV do suggest/recommend Chrome and Edge. Firestick isn’t even a supported device but it does work and it does work for me with Silk. For streaming at least. I need TVBro browser for video. I always select to use the full/desktop website rather than the default though. It’s just a click on one of the top menu icons. Of course you are dependent on your Wi-Fi signal.

However, it’s strange that you have issues on Edge but not on Chrome. Do you have the latest version of Edge installed, sometimes called Edge Chromium? These days, at least with the version that’s been around for the last year or more, Edge is basically Chrome. Under the hood they are identical, it’s just the visual branding that is different. So if one works then so should the other.
I’ll need to check what version of Edge I have, its a works laptop so it should be up to date. We even had issues with Edge at the local RSC and switched it to chrome and it ran fine.

Silk has been a total shit show for me this season but I’ll see about installing the TvBro browser and see if it will run any better.

It looks like Rangers are sending out codes to redeem for a single match on RangersTV when you put your seat on SeatSub during the vaccine passport carry-on. Starting today with the Hibs game.

The Club look like they will take the line that if you put your seat on SeatSub they will view you as ‘excluded’ due to vaccine passport issues - whether you are or not - and send you the code for RangersTV. Fair enough approach I think. They could have advertised that earlier right enough.

If you are having trouble redeeming your code ensure you type the code in as sometimes, when you copy and paste, a blank space gets inserted and it will screw you over. Make sure you are on the website and not the App as well.

If you are still struggling, clear cache/cookies first if all. Then try NOT logging in before you try to redeem it. I know when folk are looking to PPV they often have to click on the Buy/Subscribe button before they login in order for it to work. Hopefully after you click on Redeem (scroll down to get to it) it will take you to the Login screen. Good Luck.

It is buffering so much it is unwatchable, is it any wonder people use illegal sites when the legal ones don't work.

Gave up another £9.99 down the drain.
5 mins of constant buffering on the iPad,thought will try it on chrome as last week terrible on safari.
Logged out tried logging in on chrome can see my subscription click on game all I’m getting is buy game.
Back to safari exact same subscription showing, but not allowed to watch only buy then find out we are 1 down, gonna be a long day.
Cleared the cookies on the iPad logged in again the payment in the account has disappeared but definitely came off my account.
This time I’m looking for a refund not sure if it’s not compatible with iOS last year was brand new as well.

Last edited:
Gave up another £9.99 down the drain.
5 mins of constant buffering on the iPad,thought will try it on chrome as last week terrible on safari.
Logged out tried logging in on chrome can see my subscription click on game all I’m getting is buy game.
Back to safari exact same subscription showing, but not allowed to watch only buy then find out we are 1 down, gonna be a long day.

What VPN are you using?

What’s your internet speed?

Is your wifi signal good? (This is separate from internet speed)

Have to say I'm on desktop today, using Edge, and I've had no issues again.

For @Rangersman2008 @johntee and @The Redcoat try going to the Settings icon bottom right and changing from Auto to 1080p. And, as I'm sure you know, get any kids off the Xbox and wives off Netflix.

No need for a VPN today of course.

Didn’t use a VPN as told it was available throughout the UK.
First 5 mins where ok then it booted me out, is that my problem by UK they mean everywhere bar Scotland:rolleyes:
Have Nord will give it a go on that and report back.

Didn’t use a VPN as told it was available throughout the UK.
First 5 mins where ok then it booted me out, is that my problem by UK they mean everywhere bar Scotland:rolleyes:
Have Nord will give it a go on that and report back.
Logged out then back in with Nord still only offering me to buy match pass still at least now 1-1.
Watch the Aberdeen game on the iPad with sky go apart from 1 teeny bit half way through the second half it was perfect, getting 5g at work with a good signal.

Last edited:
Clear cache and cookies mate and try again. Deffo no need for VPN today.
Tried that VP the payment has now disappeared from my account now although was there earlier and shown in my online banking.
Too late now as long as we win will be happy.
Not sure if it’s the Apple eco system it doesn’t like.
Thanks for your help guys.

Grandson hovered the curser over the screen on Xbox and it remedied the problem. Only problem was the 2 white lines in the middle of the screen.

Anyone able to help with an issue I'm having with Chromecast while using a VPN?
I can get the game no problem and plays fine on whatever device I'm using, my Samsung phone or ipad, but when I cast to Chromecast I get a message advising the content isn't available in my country.

My VPN is NORD.

I can get the game no problem and plays fine on whatever device I'm using, my Samsung phone or ipad, but when I cast to Chromecast I get a message advising the content isn't available in my country.

My VPN is NORD.
You didn't need a VPN yesterday mate. The game was available to UK viewers. If you are using a VPN the two devices don't appear as being on the same network apparently. Screen Mirroring may be a better option than Casting.

You didn't need a VPN yesterday mate. The game was available to UK viewers. If you are using a VPN the two devices don't appear as being on the same network apparently. Screen Mirroring may be a better option than Casting.

Thanks @Valley Bluenose

Sorry I should have been clearer, I didn't mean yesterday which worked absolutely fine for me. Thinking ahead to future games that do need the VPN on.

My VPN is NORD.

AFAIK, you can’t cast or airplay with VPN unless your whole network is on the same VPN.

The way RTV sees it is your phone is on VPN but your TV isn’t.

A HUGE upgrade for my RTV experience has been using a network wide VPN.

Not all routers support it but check if your router supports PPTP internet connection types!

Those of us with Deco whole home wifi (of which there are a few), hit me up and I can walk you through it.

Thanks @Valley Bluenose

Sorry I should have been clearer, I didn't mean yesterday which worked absolutely fine for me. Thinking ahead to future games that do need the VPN on.
No worries mate. Its a question that comes up often and it might be worth your while scrolling back a few pages. I don't Cast so I'm working from memory and that tells me that using a VPN on your device will cause problems when casting, hence some switch to Screen Mirroring. Another option seems to be to use Chrome browser and cast the entire tab (see post #585). Just read through the last 3-5 pages and there will be different bits of advice mate.

Have fired off an email to them to see if they can explain what happened to mine yesterday.
Watched the Aberdeen game and bits of the Liverpool game so no problems with my connection both games brand new.
Last season never had a problem, iPad tethered to my iphone, then ipad HDMI cable to telly, this year both times have been a disaster £20 for about 10 mins of watchable football.
Have specifically asked them if ios15 is compatible, will update with the reply.

Have fired off an email to them to see if they can explain what happened to mine yesterday.
Watched the Aberdeen game and bits of the Liverpool game so no problems with my connection both games brand new.
Last season never had a problem, iPad tethered to my iphone, then ipad HDMI cable to telly, this year both times have been a disaster £20 for about 10 mins of watchable football.
Have specifically asked them if ios15 is compatible, will update with the reply.
You not got wifi so you can take the tethering to a mobile phone signal out of the equation? That's undoubtedly where they will lay the blame.

Same here re yesterday. I've watched all the games this season and had no issues at all - generally been a really good picture - but yesterday was unwatchable.

As expected, but didn’t address if any problems with ios15 and it’s probably your bandwidth even though watched a game before and after our game without a bit of bother.
Have asked them to explain how the £9.99 I paid is not showing on my RTV account although all other purchases are.
Hi Ryesider

The live-stream is a feed we are continuously working on to make as flawless a product as possible.

However, this match wasn't a game in which we've noted any consistent issues over the course of the 90 minutes. I've taken a look back over our reports and notes from the game and we've not noted down any issues, nor did we receive any consistent complaints from other viewers.

This indicates that the issue wasn't on our end as a problem with how we upload/encode the game would be seen by every member watching the stream, rather than a single viewer. An error that just affects an individual viewer indicates that the problem is on their end.

The Club's terms and conditions relating to streaming are available to view via the website. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer a refund for this service. I am sorry that your viewing experience was less than satisfactory and I wish we could be more helpful in fixing it but in order to qualify for a refund the issue would need be on our end and our records indicates that it wasn't.

We want to get your issue fixed and resolved asap , please find below some factors that can hugely affect your broadband and potential viewing/ listening.

We would always get you to check with your supplier for the best and most effective way to improve and maintain a great broadband connection and to see to if there has been any drop outs or dips in the connection.

Factors affecting your Broadband speed
  1. Your Service Provider. Some service providers run faster than others. The biggest difference is between copper networks and fibre optic networks. On copper networks, your distance from the exchange is the largest factor. On fibre optic networks this is not an issue. Capacity in the local network also comes into play if too many people on your street are all trying to use the same infrastructure. On fibre optic networks, this is less of an issue as the network has a higher capacity but can still be affected.
  2. The package you have purchased from your service provider. If you have bought a 10Mb package your will only get 10Mb, if you buy 100Mb you will get 100Mb. Sorry if that is stating the obvious.
  3. The processing speed of your computer and router or modem. Old computers with less memory run slower.
  4. The speed of the connection between your computer and modem or router – that is, a wired connection is faster than wireless. Older wireless connections run much slower than newer wireless connections. For maximum wireless speed you should look for 802.11n that can operate in the 5Ghz frequency range rather than the 2.4 GHz range
  5. The time of day is a huge factor, your speed may slow down at certain times, for example, in the evenings and weekends when everyone is downloading or streaming content.
  6. The speed of individual websites you are visiting (some have a maximum access speeds)
  7. Whether you’re sharing your connection with other people or devices (like other laptops, smartphones, iPads or gaming consoles) in your home
  8. Whether you have software running in the background, such as spyware.
This is by no means passing the buck, but merely giving you more information to help get your viewing/listening stabilised.

If I can be of any further help, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back