Archive Season 2022/23 - The Great Big Bumper Thread of RangersTV Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the morning shift. Please see post #657 for some suggestions on how to best get things working for todays game.

Bottom line - if you have a VPN then use it and stick to viewing RangersTV on the regular website - same as we’ve always done - rather than the new one, which has been introduced due to EPL blackout. If you don’t have a VPN then I advise you read post #657.

Last edited:
Would have thought if seatsub were getting a code it would be sent by now. I’m sure it was the day before the Hibs game?

Just checked, looks like my server is in Newcastle.
I’ll just be going abroad for the game as usual then
I’m now in Holland mate and that’s still not allowing me to buy the game albeit I’m now using 4g instead of wifi. Might head to Japan now

I’m now in Holland mate and that’s still not allowing me to buy the game albeit I’m now using 4g instead of wifi. Might head to Japan now
Mobile data might be an issue mate as I’d suggest it’s more likely to route you through an English server.

I‘d get prepared to head off to the nearest cafe with free Wi-Fi if I were you.:)

More seriously, if you have a VPN set to Holland, just use the regular RangersTV website. There’s no need to mess about with the new one. As explained in post #657.

Mobile data might be an issue mate as I’d suggest it’s more likely to route you through an English server.

I‘d get prepared to head off to the nearest cafe with free Wi-Fi if I were you.:)
Absolute nightmare this, sky have told me there’s a fault at the exchange and will take anything from 2-5 days to sort, although may be done sooner as it’s open reach. Can’t lay the blame on them in fairness, just aging infrastructure starting to fall apart. But yeah heading to my mates place later

Absolute nightmare this, sky have told me there’s a fault at the exchange and will take anything from 2-5 days to sort, although may be done sooner as it’s open reach. Can’t lay the blame on them in fairness, just aging infrastructure starting to fall apart. But yeah heading to my mates place later
Mate, see my edit. If you’ve got a VPN (your comment about Holland suggests you have) then switch it on, visit Europe and just use the regular RangersTV website in the same way we would for an Away game. No need to faff with the new website at all.

Mate, see my edit. If you’ve got a VPN (your comment about Holland suggests you have) then switch it on, visit Europe and just use the regular RangersTV website in the same way we would for an Away game. No need to faff with the new website at all.
Ah I was still trying to buy it on the new site.
Low and behold allowed to buy the 3 day pass, shame I had to go to fecking Japan to buy it but hey ho I’ll head back to Holland in a minute.
Always wanted a jet set lifestyle
Cheers VB although I have a feeling you will be demented by 3pm today

Just to make this as clear as I can to everybody: If you have a VPN - maybe you use it to watch Away matches on RangersTV - then you have no need to register and use the new website at all. Forget it. Avoid it. Just switch on your VPN, visit Europe, go to the regular RangersTV website and purchase and view today's match in the same way you would an Away game.

Bottom line here - if you have a VPN then use it and view RangersTV on the regular website as we’ve always done. If you don’t, then read post #657.

Just done VPN in France and used the link from VBN. Easy peasy. Thank you. I did fook about before that and the website is an embarrassment. It needs Chat functionality brought in on the PWS and App to help users with live questions. This if done right would make difference to customers service overall.
Live Chat would be good but there is a lot of costs and manpower required if say on a match day when everyone is having issues like this. I'm sure it's being looked at but its not a quick fix believe me as I've been involved in setting it up for a couple.of companies.

Trying this the now but just can't buy the game at all. Keeps popping up with the message about UEFA even though I stay in Scotland. Can't even view the FAQ section without getting that message so think there's an issue with the site itself. Messaged RTV for help so I can get the game

Trying this the now but just can't buy the game at all. Keeps popping up with the message about UEFA even though I stay in Scotland. Can't even view the FAQ section without getting that message so think there's an issue with the site itself. Messaged RTV for help so I can get the game
Just tried the site on desktop, iPad and iPhone and its working fine.

Have you read post #657? If its saying you are in England you need to contact them.

Also, if you have a VPN then avoid the new website altogether. Even better.

Just tried the site on desktop, iPad and iPhone and its working fine.

Have you read post #657? If its saying you are in England you need to contact them.

Also, if you have a VPN then avoid the new website altogether. Even better.
Yeah a read your post but no success at all. As I say when I try the FAQ section its not even opening for me just get the UEFA message continuously. My IP is showing as in Scotland as well so who knows what's happening for me. I don't have vpn or would do that just to avoid it all will keep going and see what happens B-D

Yeah a read your post but no success at all. As I say when I try the FAQ section its not even opening for me just get the UEFA message continuously. My IP is showing as in Scotland as well so who knows what's happening for me. I don't have vpn or would do that just to avoid it all will keep going and see what happens B-D
It clearly sounds like the system is detecting you as being in England so it's not going to fix itself. You could try clearing cache/cookies and having another go. However, I'd use the Contact Us to get in touch with them ASAP.

Don't think you can see the Contact Us on the top menu bar on a phone though so might need another device. If on tablet, rotate to Landscape to see it.

I'm not sure you will get any joy from messaging RangersTV (streamAMG) as this is a different provider (StreamDigital). Need to use their Contact Us.

I’m genuinely intrigued as to how today’s England only blackout will be enforced. I assume it will be polling IP addresses but what if I’m in Gretna, on my phone but connected to an English 4G mast?

Log out of anything Rangers related and go to this.

Tried that and it's not worked either must be something to do with my IP address it's the only thing I can think of.
It clearly sounds like the system is detecting you as being in England so it's not going to fix itself. You could try clearing cache/cookies and having another go. However, I'd use the Contact Us to get in touch with them ASAP.

Don't think you can see the Contact Us on the top menu bar on a phone though so might need another device. If on tablet, rotate to Landscape to see it.

I'm not sure you will get any joy from messaging RangersTV (streamAMG) as this is a different provider (StreamDigital). Need to use their Contact Us.
Yeah done the contact us section so will see what happens through that but trying it on my laptop and it's just not doing anything bar return that UEFA message. Fingers crossed I will have it sorted in time for kick off.

Tried that and it's not worked either must be something to do with my IP address it's the only thing I can think of.

Yeah done the contact us section so will see what happens through that but trying it on my laptop and it's just not doing anything bar return that UEFA message. Fingers crossed I will have it sorted in time for kick off.
Good Luck mate. Certainly yesterday responses were coming from them very quickly. Expect it will be a bit slower today but you're, hopefully, in good time.

I’ve contacted the streaming service as I’ve been identified as being in england (i’m in scotland) but haven’t gotten any further lol
You've done the right thing then mate, as per their guidance. As I've said above, they were responding very quickly yesterday - within 5 minutes in some cases - but will undoubtedly be slower today.

I take it VPN isn't an option for you?

Messaged them again with my IP address can seem to view the FAQ when I'm signed out of the account.
Just a thought - visit the website, do NOT login, click on the 'Purchase £9.99 Game Pass' button and it should take you through login as part of the purchase process. Long shot but you never know - sometimes helps on the 'real' RangersTV website.

Trying the VPN method but always takes me to the Blocked page. Signed out of everything and cleared cookies, still takes me to the new log-in.

Just a thought - visit the website, do NOT login, click on the 'Purchase £9.99 Game Pass' button and it should take you through login as part of the purchase process. Long shot but you never know - sometimes helps on the 'real' RangersTV website.
Tried that as well and get the England message so it can only be down to my IP settings.

Guys anyone have the England issue I'd urge you to use the Contact Us function as per @Valley Bluenose guidance.

I'm unable to run a VPN on the wife's laptop (download restrictions) so I've had to go this route.

They replied to me in less than 5 minutes and I've now purchased.

Guys anyone have the England issue I'd urge you to use the Contact Us function as per @Valley Bluenose guidance.

I'm unable to run a VPN on the wife's laptop (download restrictions) so I've had to go this route.

They replied to me in less than 5 minutes and I've now purchased.
That's the sort of post I like to see.:))

Glad you got sorted so quickly mate.

Trying the VPN method but always takes me to the Blocked page. Signed out of everything and cleared cookies, still takes me to the new log-in.
You do know that if you are using your VPN you shouldn't be on the new website? Just do as you would for a normal Away game on the normal RangersTV website. Post #713.

The fact I registered for the new site seems to have made it impossible to go to the old login screen. IP logged presumably

You do know that if you are using your VPN you shouldn't be on the new website? Just do as you would for a normal Away game on the normal RangersTV website. Post #713.
No that's my point mate, it takes me there automatically when I try and subscribe as per the usual VPN method.

I've cleared cookies, used VPN, logged out completely, used a different browser... but it keeps taking me back to the new account (which I registered for assuming it would be fine before reading this thread... big mistake)

No that's my point mate, it takes me there automatically when I try and subscribe as per the usual VPN method.
Aye, aye, aye. Just tried from The Netherlands and so it does. And I'm not registered on the new site so its not that.

Do you get the same result if you Login first and then try to buy?

Fearing the worst as kick off nears - whether for those legitimately overseas, on a weekend break or those trying this new method.

No doubt there will further hiccups than the new PPV option proving a mindfck :rolleyes:

Aye, aye, aye. Just tried from The Netherlands and so it does. And I'm not registered on the new site so its not that.

Do you get the same result if you Login first and then try to buy?
with VPN on you don't get the Subscribe option when logged in. Actually now I don't get it when the VPN is off either??

with VPN on you don't get the Subscribe option when logged in.
No, but I get it with VPN on and not logged in. It takes me to the new website (where I'm not registered and shouldn't need to register). As an overseas viewer seeking to buy the game I shouldn't be anywhere near the new website.

This is a new dilemma LOL.

No, but I get it with VPN on and not logged in. It takes me to the new website (where I'm not registered and shouldn't need to register). As an overseas viewer seeking to buy the game I shouldn't be anywhere near the new website.

This is a new dilemma LOL.
Yes, it seems something has changed this morning. It's forcing all traffic that way. First time I tried it I noticed the old page flash up before going to the new website.

But your point is right, if you're genuinely or VPN viewing from the US, the new website should be irrelevant

Yes, it seems something has changed this morning. It's forcing all traffic that way. First time I tried it I noticed the old page flash up before going to the new website.

But your point is right, if you're genuinely or VPN viewing from the US, the new website should be irrelevant
Alright, I think this might work (difficult to test as I have the unlimited subscription so don't see options to buy).

I just cleared my cookies/cache and closed my browser down. Switched on VPN to the Netherlands, opened browser and went to the real RangersTV website and clicked on Subscribe. That gave me the option to purchase the 3 Day Unlimited Pass. Has to be a cache/cookies issue.

Try that.

Alright, I think this might work (difficult to test as I have the unlimited subscription so don't see options to buy).

I just cleared my cookies/cache and closed my browser down. Switched on VPN to the Netherlands, opened browser and went to the real RangersTV website and clicked on Subscribe. That gave me the option to purchase the 3 Day Unlimited Pass. Has to be a cache/cookies issue.

Try that.
nope, same result for me. By "real RangersTV website" do you mean the main website and then the RangersTV section in top nav.... or is there a specific URL I should maybe use?

Has anyone experienced the 'appearing in England' issue this morning and had a response? Been over an hour and had nothing back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back