Archive Season 2022/23 - The Great Big Bumper Thread of RangersTV Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope, same result for me. By "real RangersTV website" do you mean the main website and then the RangersTV section in top nav.... or is there a specific URL I should maybe use?
Yeah, that's the right place.

Let's refine it a bit more, if you are happy to take the time. Second time I tried it I had to clear cache/cookies twice. Make sure you've closed down the tab for the new website. Clear cache/cookies. Close browser. Open browser and navigate to the page above. First thing you should be asked to Accept Cookies. Do so. There will then be a Subscribe button viewable (not the one next to the game but on a white menu bar across the bottom). Click on that and you should get all the options - 6 of them - including the 3 Day Unlimited Pass. You need to see that white bar with the Subscribe on it rather than the button next to the game though.

Let's refine it a bit more, if you are happy to take the time. Second time I tried it I had to clear cache/cookies twice. Make sure you've closed down the tab for the new website. Clear cache/cookies. Close browser. Open browser and navigate to the page above. First thing you should be asked to Accept Cookies. Do so. There will then be a Subscribe button viewable (not the one next to the game but on a white menu bar across the bottom). Click on that and you should get all the options - 6 of them - including the 3 Day Unlimited Pass. You need to see that white bar with the Subscribe on it rather than the button next to the game though.
What about incognito mode, does it work better using that?

What about incognito mode, does it work better using that?
Nah mate. Click on the Subscribe next to the game in a Private Window - with or without VPN on - and it takes you to the new website.

Only way to get the option to buy the 3 Day Unlimited seems to be clear cache/cookies. VPN on, close/open browser on RangersTV Home page and HOPE that you get the white Subscribe bar along the bottom. That let's you see the option to purchase the 3 Day Unlimited Pass. It HAS to be by clicking on that white bar though, the Subscribe next to the game just redirects you.

Its not even device or browser specific. Tried on iPad with VPN on and same results.

What will happen come game time Lord knows.

This worked! You are a diamond mate, thank you very much.

I cleared all website data which is a pain but I have a feeling the data for the new website might have been hiding under an obscure name.

VPN on to Netherlands

Accept Cookies

Subscribe via the white banner at the bottom

3 day pass option appears

Thanks again

This worked! You are a diamond mate, thank you very much.

I cleared all website data which is a pain but I have a feeling the url for the new website might have been hiding under a different name.

VPN on to Netherlands

Accept Cookies

Subscribe via the white banner at the bottom

3 day pass option appears

Thanks again
Thank f*ck for that.:)

Gonna be a real challenge for those less technically-minded though. That's really, really bad that the Subscribe next to the game redirects you to the new website when you have your VPN on.

For everybody else, if using a VPN and on the 'proper' RangersTV website (as you should be), you might need to clear cache/cookies, close browser, open browser and try again. The key thing is you need to click on Subscribe on the white bar that appears at the bottom of the screen and NOT the Subscribe button next to the game. If you don't get the white bar, keep clearing cache/cookies until you do.

F*cking nightmare.

UEFA and EPL clearly not messing around because this new website seems to be very determined.

Another thing for new people attempting to use the new website (BEAR IN MIND IF YOU HAVE VPN YOU SHOULD DO THAT FIRST), check your Location Services are on before you try to register with the new website. That might have been causing the problem for me but hard to tell)

Thank f*ck for that.:)

Gonna be a real challenge for those less technically-minded though. That's really, really bad that the Subscribe next to the game redirects you to the new website when you have your VPN on.

For everybody else, if using a VPN and on the 'proper' RangersTV website (as you should be), you might need to clear cache/cookies, close browser, open browser and try again. The key thing is you need to click on Subscribe on the white bar that appears at the bottom of the screen and NOT the Subscribe button next to the game. If you don't get the white bar, keep clearing cache/cookies until you do.

F*cking nightmare.
Definitely keeping you busy with this change :))

Definitely keeping you busy with this change :))
Jeez! I can sympathise with the Club having to go to a new provider due to the English blackout, I'm sure they'd rather have been able to facilitate that through StreamAMG. However, the clusterf*ck described above when accessing the 'proper', old, RangersTV website with a VPN on is a disgrace.

That's gonna cause huge issues. Like everybody else I just assumed if 'overseas' it would be a case of carrying on as before. No though, you have to jump through some horrendous, unnecessary hoops.

No happy.:(
:)

So for the avoidance of doubt, I am in Holland today and I can watch on the regular Rangers TV site, yes?

In the email I received it states;

SUPPORTERS IN THE REST OF THE WORLD

You can watch the match by subscribing to RangersTV Unlimited. You can subscribe Annually, Monthly or for a 3-day subscription here

I think this is the potential issue

In the email I received it states;

SUPPORTERS IN THE REST OF THE WORLD

You can watch the match by subscribing to RangersTV Unlimited. You can subscribe Annually, Monthly or for a 3-day subscription here

I think this is the potential issue
With my VPN on and set to a European location that link works fine and gives me the 3 Day Unlimited Pass option. Thank you.

If anybody tries it and gets redirected to the new site then try the clear cache/cookies solution in post #756.

Here's the link in a better format for those using a VPN or actually overseas

Live Chat would be good but there is a lot of costs and manpower required if say on a match day when everyone is having issues like this. I'm sure it's being looked at but its not a quick fix believe me as I've been involved in setting it up for a couple.of companies.
Understand the costs. I’ve worked in the Chat game since 2015 and if the club are serious about going digital then they need to install asynchronous chat. They could have a few agents chatting to to several fans at any one time and even install bots for the simple enquires. A dedicated team could also cover social media and have chat functions within that too. It’s 2021 and this technology is the future.

Understand the costs. I’ve worked in the Chat game since 2015 and if the club are serious about going digital then they need to install asynchronous chat. They could have a few agents chatting to to several fans at any one time and even install bots for the simple enquires. A dedicated team could also cover social media and have chat functions within that too. It’s 2021 and this technology is the future.
I agree, I'm sure Stewart Robertson said they're looking to implement it.

New page so a repeat of post #657 as we get closer to kick-off:

Just to make this as clear as I can to everybody: If you have a VPN - maybe you use it to watch Away matches on RangersTV - then you have no need to register and use the new website at all. Forget it. Avoid it. Just switch on your VPN, visit Europe, go to the regular RangersTV website and purchase and view today's match in the same way you would an Away game.

Bottom line here - if you have a VPN then use it and view RangersTV on the regular website as we’ve always done. If you don’t, then read this post in more detail.

If using a VPN try this link in the first instance:

UPDATE (16 Oct): If using a VPN and trying to purchase the game if you get redirected to the new website then try clearing cache/cookies, closing down your browser and then opening your browser and trying again on the real RangersTV website. If 'overseas' you should be nowhere near the new website. One quirk though, you need to click on Subscribe on the white menu bar at the bottom of the screen and not the Subscribe button next to the game. If it doesn't appear keep clearing cache/cookies until it does. Farcical in all honesty.

Well, what a mess they’ve made with this new website for those in the UK – except England - to view matches.

I will try and summarise something below.

First things first – why? This is what RangersTV have to say:

*** NOTICE ***
Please note that your login details from RangersTV WILL NOT WORK on this website and we cannot offer streaming into England for this match.

Every user wishing to purchase Pay Per View for this game will need to register for an account on this site.

Please note that this change is due to the SFA & SPFL ruling that clubs in Scotland cannot live stream Saturday 3.00pm KO matches in England and required Rangers to introduce a new video platform.

We appreciate your understanding and support.

So, how to view:

Overseas Viewers and Those Who Can Appear Overseas Via a VPN

Nothing changes. You continue to visit the regular RangersTV website and use your subscription to view or you purchase PPV via the page below. Just follow the instructions in the OP of this thread.

Viewers in England

My recommendation is to use a VPN and make a quick trip overseas to the likes of France, Belgium etc.

Switch on your VPN, refresh your browser and then visit the page above to purchase the match on PPV. Just follow the instructions in the OP of this thread.

If you don’t have a VPN then I’m afraid the match will not be available to you on RangersTV legitimately.

Viewers in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland

And now the mess! Firstly, my recommendation (even if you are in the UK) - if you have a VPN - is to use it to visit the likes of France, Belgium etc and stick to using the regular RangersTV website to PPV and view as we’ve always done. Just follow the instructions in the OP of this thread.

If you don’t have a VPN then the fun and games begin. It looks like you are required to visit a NEW website (not RangersTV) and to register a NEW Account (not you RangersTV or Rangers one).

The website to visit to purchase the match – and to view it later - is here:

Home | Rangers PPV (streamdigital.tv)

Hopefully it takes you through registering your NEW Account as part of the purchase process but, if it doesn’t for any reason, then the website to register the new Account is here:

Register | Rangers PPV (streamdigital.tv)

The FAQs are here. I’ve not been through them but, on first glance, they look fairly comprehensive and cover use of a number of devices and have advice on which of the three links they will provide to use in order to achieve best results:

FAQs | Rangers PPV (streamdigital.tv)

You Show as Being in England – but Aren’t

I’ve no idea what’s the best course of action if you are on mobile and your device detects you as being in England, even if you aren’t. This is what the FAQ says:

Please contact the support team before 2pm on a match day with your location. A number of servers are run from England so your device may have an IP address which runs through there. The support team will check your location and if you are out with England, they will then bypass that region and ensure you have access.

EDIT: If you can’t see Contact Us along the top of the website, and you’re on an iPad for example, rotate to Landscape mode and it should be there. See post #691. It doesn’t look like the Contact Us is available on a phone, needs another device.:(

Good Luck.

(I think I may take the weekend away from FollowFollow).

Last edited:
FWIW I tried emailing streamAMG (providers of the regular RangersTV website) to tell them the Subscribe button next to todays game was taking overseas viewers to the new, exclusively-for-viewers-in-the-UK website.

Got a load of generic guff back saying how busy they are. My guess is they've got the hump because they couldn't blackout England and Rangers have had to go to another provider.

If using a VPN then you should be on the 'proper' RangersTV website and doing just the same as you would for an Away game. See post #756 if you still have issues after that.

Thanks i have bought the game through that link, before even with a VPN it was taking me to the new RTV site and even with a holiday it was saying I was blocked as I was In England

Thanks i have bought the game through that link, before even with a VPN it was taking me to the new RTV site and even with a holiday it was saying I was blocked as I was In England
Glad you are sorted mate. Its a real mess. I was getting the same as you but if that link works as a bypass for that then brilliant - I know I can share it.

Jeez! I can sympathise with the Club having to go to a new provider due to the English blackout, I'm sure they'd rather have been able to facilitate that through StreamAMG. However, the clusterf*ck described above when accessing the 'proper', old, RangersTV website with a VPN on is a disgrace.

That's gonna cause huge issues. Like everybody else I just assumed if 'overseas' it would be a case of carrying on as before. No though, you have to jump through some horrendous, unnecessary hoops.

No happy.:(
:)
I haven't had any issues. VPN on and signed into RTV via the Rangers website as normal. Match place card showing.

I haven't had any issues. VPN on and signed into RTV via the Rangers website as normal. Match place card showing.
Yup, with my VPN on I'm now in on the regular RangersTV website and have the placeholder screens.

That's a relief.

Dunno about folks on the new, exclusively-for-UK-except-England website. Can somebody report back on that? Not sure if was meant to go live until 1330hrs so maybe not on there yet.

Those viewing using a VPN should now be able to see the Placeholder screens using the Watch Live button.

Apparently those using the new, exclusively-for-UK-except-England website can see the same.;)

I reiterate the advice above. If you have a VPN I suggest sticking with the old school method, using your VPN and accessing via the normal RangersTV website and avoiding the new site like the plague.

See link in post #769.

After 3 messages and an email followed by a declined payment I'm finally on. Not removing myself from the placement screen just incase B-D

I've just got the blue swirly thing on my screen. Viewing on VPN via opera. A one off watching in England for me so it better work. Getting off the ferry in Dover bang on kick off time

I've just got the blue swirly thing on my screen. Viewing on VPN via opera. A one off watching in England for me so it better work. Getting off the ferry in Dover bang on kick off time
Dodgy VPN, or poor wifi, is the issue there. Can't remember if Opera VPN lets you select a location other than just Europe? You need to be somewhere other than UK.

Either way, I'd logout, clear cache/cookies and try again. Maybe switch the VPN off and then on again as part of that as well.

Dodgy VPN, or poor wifi, is the issue there. Can't remember if Opera VPN lets you select a location other than just Europe? You need to be somewhere other than UK.

Either way, I'd logout, clear cache/cookies and try again. Maybe switch the VPN off and then on again as part of that as well.

Im on the ferry WiFi just now so hopefully just that

Only installed opera to watch the game today so nothing to clear in it really.

If all else fails then I'll just need to find a dodgy streaming site.

I've given up trying to buy it, no reply from email and 'contact us' is not displaying on my tablet..

It really should not be this hard to purchase/watch the game.

I've given up trying to buy it, no reply from email and 'contact us' is not displaying on my tablet..

It really should not be this hard to purchase/watch the game.
On my iPad I had to rotate to Landscape to see the top menu bar with Contact Us on it.

You're username suggests you are in England though. Can't watch the game in England today. EDIT: Just noticed you aren't actually in England.

Right guys, 10 minutes to kick-off. Its been a busy old day. I'm logging off until half-time so I can enjoy the match. I hope all of you have managed to get sorted one way or another. Post #771 for those struggling.

I use VPN + RTV for pretty much every game and have done for years. This is the first game ever where the RTV site has geo-blocked me out!

Switched browsers and it worked instantly. So I guess the clearing cache/cookies option will work for those who are using VPNs and are being told the video is only available in certain countries

purchased the match on the new website , not going through to the match ,just seems to be processing, they have taken the payment!

purchased the match on the new website , not going through to the match ,just seems to be processing, they have taken the payment!
Late in the day now but are you in England or getting a message about being in England? If so, see post #771.

Sunday’s game against St Mirren is now available to purchase from RangersTV for those overseas or with the ability to appear overseas via a VPN. Cost is £9.99 for a 3 Day Unlimited Pass, which will let you take in Saturday’s B Team match as well. Details in OP. EDIT: turns out the B Team game wasn’t streamed.:(

NOTE: This match is on the ‘real’ RangersTV website and NOT the website from the new provider which was introduced for Saturday 1500hrs games to enforce the EPL blackout.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back