The greatest support on the planet

dh1963

10,000 travelled across Europe for a group game against an average European name in a game to see if we could get into the last 32 of Europe's second competition.

That support has seen their team kicked down the leagues with no rule in existence to do that. Seen their club pillaged by spivs and crooks. Seen their hated rivals given years of a free run at millions of pounds to make them stronger. Not seen their club win any major honour in over 7 years.

A bigger away support than any club in the Champions League.
A bigger away support than our rivals by a mile.

All over the world, football people look at Rangers and see a support as loyal and as passionate as anywhere.

Just as well they don't read this board, they would be wondering if those in here and those who follow in the footsteps of their team are the same people.

Our captain is shite.
Our defenders are shite.
Our team is rotten.
Our manager is clueless.
Our ex players in the media are enemies.

This Rangers team have went toe to toe this season against teams from Spain, Croatia, Russia, Austria.
A year ago they couldn't compete with the 4th best team in Luxembourg.
Just over 3 years ago we finished 3rd in the second tier in Scotland.
3 years before that we were losing games to Annan and Stirling Albion.

We have a board investing in the club they love.
We have a manager known the world over, a winner who WILL deliver success.
We have survived and grown despite so many enemies looking to destroy us.

We aren't yet good enough to play European football after Xmas. That isn't enough to throw toys out the pram and want to rip the team and manager to shreds.

Expectation is part of what we are. But perspective and calm heads are what Mr Struth told us is also what we must have. Some of the threads and posts tonight are lunacy.

Impatience and the imparting of unnecessary pressure onto our players will be the greatest obstacle to overcome.

My fear is that we only realise this when we have “blown” a title with very little of a season left.

Perhaps if we finally realised what we can affect negatively, we can start to affect it positively.

10,000 travelled across Europe for a group game against an average European name in a game to see if we could get into the last 32 of Europe's second competition.

That support has seen their team kicked down the leagues with no rule in existence to do that. Seen their club pillaged by spivs and crooks. Seen their hated rivals given years of a free run at millions of pounds to make them stronger. Not seen their club win any major honour in over 7 years.

All over the world, football people look at Rangers and see a support as loyal and as passionate as anywhere.

Just as well they don't read this board, they would be wondering if those in here and those who follow in the footsteps of their team are the same people.

Our captain is shite.
Our defenders are shite.
Our team is rotten.
Our manager is clueless.

This Rangers team have went toe to toe this season against teams from Spain, Croatia, Russia, Austria.

We aren't yet good enough to play European football after Xmas. That isn't enough to throw toys out the pram and want to rip the team and manager to shreds.

Expectation is part of what we are. But perspective and calm heads are what Mr Struth told us is also what we must have. Some of the threads and posts tonight are lunacy.
Some of the clueless loonie "Flannigans" on here need to have their bi-polarism bludgeoned out of them.

Last edited:
Fantastic post mate. I am as disappointed as anyone at losing tonight but like I said on the match thread, it's not that long ago we were losing at home to Annan fucking Athletic. Even a little over 6 months ago we were shipping 9 goals in 2 games against the scum (and in truth it could have been a lot more) and in that short space of time we've come desperately close to making the last 32 of a European competition. Yet that's not good enough for some. We should be sweeping everyone aside and majestically marching on in Europe and at home and not be dropping points or shedding goals to anyone, for no other reason than we are Rangers.

It is going to take time. It was never going to be sorted straight off. But we've made massive strides already this season and I just don't get the ones who can't see it. Comparisons with Warburton and Pedro are laughable. Thankfully I think those posters are in the minority and the vast majority can see where we're trying to go to and are appreciative of the strides we've already made. I'm proud of what the team has done in Europe this season and look forward to more adventures in Europe next year. It's not that long ago we were in very real danger of never getting to this level again. Just think about that.

Impatience and the imparting of unnecessary pressure onto our players will be the greatest obstacle to overcome.

My fear is that we only realise this when we have “blown” a title with very little of a season left.

Perhaps if we finally realised what we can affect negatively, we can start to affect it positively.
Great post. Something to think about.

Well said op. Some of the bed wetters on here are unreal compared to where we were 6 years ago ffs.

We need to be able to walk first before we can run.

Steven Gerrard will get it right. Whether it's this season or next. The mentally challengeds are there for the taking. They have depth in size of their squad that's it.

He's had 1 transfer window to practically build a full team.

This is just the start.

Some trot out the usual pish that they paid for their ticket so they are entitled to say what they like or that professional players should be man enough to stand up and be counted. Both are so far from the truth. No matter who you are you will perform better when the fans are right behind them.

we took 7.5k to a meaningless friendly in Leipzig, we know we are the best, though if we start singing we support you ever more after an embarrassing defeat then we morph into the tartan army and this shouldn't be acceptable. In all the years we have taken thousands away, ask yourself how many times squad and management have acknowledged the away support.

‘The greatest fans in the world’

What world is this? Take your head out your arses lads ffs.

We barely make a grumble when our team needs us most.

Sure we turn up in number everywhere we play but unless things are going our way on the park we contribute nothing to our team except negativity.

Give me 10,000 true supporters who will support our team when we need it over 50,000 who only bother to make a noise when we’ve got a big game or when we are winning.

A lot of people will hate this uncomfortable truth but that’s the way it is.

‘The greatest fans in the world’

What world is this? Take your head out your arses lads ffs.

We barely make a grumble when our team needs us most.

Sure we turn up in number everywhere we play but unless things are going our way on the park we contribute nothing to our team except negativity.

Give me 10,000 true supporters who will support our team when we need it over 50,000 who only bother to make a noise when we’ve got a big game or when we are winning.

A lot of people will hate this uncomfortable truth but that’s the way it is.

"we contribute nothing to our team except negativity."

It's certainly all you have contributed.

"we contribute nothing to our team except negativity."

It's certainly all you have contributed.

We can’t just judge our support on the away days in Europe.

Our club needs us just as much if not more for the likes of Hamilton and st Mirren at home.

And before anybody starts I know we buy tickets for these games and turn up in great numbers but as far as backing from the stands goes then it’s very minimal.

Thought the Rapid fans were excellent last night.
Misplaced passes didn’t revert to grumbling of discontent , That’s what I would love to see happen with our support.
We have a wonderful support however when up against it the abuse can be OTT.

we took 7.5k to a meaningless friendly in Leipzig, we know we are the best, though if we start singing we support you ever more after an embarrassing defeat then we morph into the tartan army and this shouldn't be acceptable. In all the years we have taken thousands away, ask yourself how many times squad and management have acknowledged the away support.
What do you want them to sing “your shite and you know you are” ffs
We have sung we’ll support you evermore for as long as. I can remember long before this new age Tartan Army.
Support the team through thick and thin, we will never ‘Morph’ into anybody we are Rangers.

Our captain is shite.
Our defenders are shite.
Our team is rotten.
Our manager is clueless.

Best post on here in the last 24 hours mate,thank goodness for common sense!

Wish admin could post your quote in capital letters mate,it might just sink through to so e of the f..wits on here?

Our captain is shite.
Our defenders are shite.
Our team is rotten.
Our manager is clueless.

Was getting annoyed with a guy on another post,really killing us,and I'm thinking, lots of bears are posting about how we should have got out that group,I'm convinced some people do not understand FOOTBALL,yes we had a great chance,but people saying Spartak and rapid are shite,really,these 3 teams have been playing consistently in Europe for at least the last 6 years,where were we?Berwick Annan Elgin.anyone who thought we would get any further than the group stage and next rou d us deluding themselves, European footie compared to Scottish fitba is night and day and when playing at that level consistently you learn learn learn,this team gave been together less than 6 months and some idiots think we should be winning a EUROPEAN trophy unbelievable!This guy on the other post says he doesn't know what "punching above our weight means"I will tell you mate when we got to Fu.....ing MANCHESTER mate we were"punching above our weight "with a very very experienced team,criticise the performance and the boss's tactics constructively by all means ,but dont give me sack the board the manager and the players after 6 months,Mr angry bealing thinking of deleting my profile carlos apicella god bless the glasgow rangers

Back