The Gritty and the Gallus - your 5 Greatest Scottish players?

In no particular order, law, MacKay, Baxter, Dalglish, Whyte. would have had Morton in on reputation, but obviously didn't see the man play.

Law, Dalglish and Baxter are stick on's.

McKay, Souness, Woodburn, Henderson, Johnstone, Jardine, McGrain and Bremner would provide the final two.

Souness and Henderson for me.

I'm only 32 this year so maybe don't have the benefit of the years some of you do and I've been lumped with some very average - useless Scottish players. But, from what I've seen on video etc

Alan Hansen, Graeme Souness, Kenny Dalglish, Barry Ferguson & Ally McCoist

Hard to judge when you've never seen some players live. However I'll go:
Law
Baxter
Dalglish
Cooper
Souness

If it's based in my lifetime:
Mccoist
Gough
McFadden
Ferguson
Gary McAllister

Baxter, Law & Dalglish will or should be there in anyone's book I expect the sainting of Johnston over the years will see him in even though his manager did not pick him all the time. The other spot will be down to whoever shouts loudest even though it should be Souness

Based on my lifetime

McCoist
Barry Ferguson
Andy Goram
McFadden
Miller

Of all time
Baxter
Law
Dalglish
Cooper
Breamner

Restricting it to my era of watching football:

Andy Goram
Richard Gough
Stuart McCall
John Collins
Ally McCoist.

Goram was a fantastic keeper. Gough was a world class centre half. McCall's work rate would get him in there - a fantastic engine in the middle of the park. Collins was a genuinely classy player and one of the few I wish Rangers had signed. McCoist is one of the finest goal scorers Scotland has ever produced.

Left Cooper out as I never saw him at his peak.

Special mention for Joe Jordan ,always seemed to score the big goals for Scotland when i was young..Loved his style and scored in 3 consecutive World Cup Finals.
Law (my auld mans fav. ever player ),Dalglish ,Souness and Baxter.
Eleven goals in 52 internationals spanning 9 years does not a legend make in my eyes.

Growing up, there is only two players I've heard spoken of in reverential tones, Baxter and Law. Perhaps Dalglish doesn't get the credit he deserves, considering his record at Liverpool, but I've never heard of him or any other player spoken of in the same way as those first two.

Dalglish, Law, Souness, Baxter, Gough - didn’t see enough of other older players to work out who might be better.

Baxter,Dalglish and Law are certainties.Probably add Souness and Bremner to make the 5

Eleven goals in 52 internationals spanning 9 years does not a legend make in my eyes.
If McFadden is included for scoring huge goals in failed campaigns, Jordan should be included for scoring huge goals (and winning a penalty) in successful campaigns.

Back