The Guardian exposing the child abuse at Celtic.

KirkieRanger

It makes me sick that the country/the MSM/Government is trying to hide/bury this. I expect it from that rotten mob but not the press and the Government. The country is infested and rotten to the core

The media are hedging their bets.

When it becomes clear through the courts that Celtic are in deep shit, they will move more (but not completely) to the right side of history.

The SNP though; their only concern is protecting votes.

They have zero concern for the good of the country.

The media are hedging their bets.

When it becomes clear through the courts that Celtic are in deep shit, they will move more (but not completely) to the right side of history.

The SNP though; their only concern is protecting votes.

They have zero concern for the good of the country.
Very true, mate. The media changes opinion like the wind. I'm still worried about the courts, look at the paedophiles that have recently gotten off or lightly punished. What was it, a trainee dentist from Bearsden that recently got let off for abusing a young girl because the court didn't want to ruin his future employment or something? If you get a Celtic supporting judge then you just know what will happen

Its amazing the amount of people that don't know about these crimes because it gets hidden by friends of the clubs and religious groups concerned and the SNP wanting their votes and endorsements from those guilty organisations with it's exclusion of the largest perpetrators.
That is an inditement of how bad Scotland really is run that the tentacles extend right throughout Scotland to the government itself, a government guilty by exclusionary tactics, of concealment and protecting the perpetrators of historical CSA and enablers.

It's a cancer and a plague on society that needs all elements of it to be wholly, totally and brutally destroyed in public and all roots remaining pulled out then burned. Even if that should include some elements of our past, however unlikely that is.

Then we need to sort out provisions to stamp it out for good.

Enough is enough.

There are people out there who have suffered horrors. Horrors I wouldn't even wish on my worst enemy.

The victims should be given whatever gives them peace and some sense of justice, whether that's through a simple apology, some small gesture, some form of restitution or imprisonment of their tormentors.

Quite frankly, they deserve better and have done for decades.

Its amazing the amount of people that don't know about these crimes because it gets hidden by friends of the clubs and religious groups concerned and the SNP wanting their votes and endorsements from those guilty organisations with it's exclusion of the largest perpetrators.
That is an inditement of how bad Scotland really is run that the tentacles extend right throughout Scotland to the government itself, a government guilty by exclusionary tactics, of concealment and protecting the perpetrators of historical CSA and enablers.
The SNP really are a poison. Their actions show them up as the scum they are.

A government who are not fit to run a bath imo.
Look at the " memory lapses " and inconsistent statements from wee krankie and her senior uncivil servants.

Papers are well-known to cater to their audience. That’s why I am surprised. It goes against their demographic.

The Guardian has had quite a few previous articles about abuse in football e.g. about Barry Bennell. So this article fits in with that.

Incidentally this article's about ten days old. There was a big thread about it on here when it was published.

The Guardian has had quite a few previous articles about abuse in football e.g. about Barry Bennell. So this article fits in with that.

Incidentally this article's about ten days old. There was a big thread about it on here when it was published.
Must have missed it.

Cheers bud.

No, that’s just your assumption. I read the Guardian. I’m neither a republican, Celtic fan or SNP voter.
Put it another way - it’s widely regarded as being a lefty paper, yet was responsible for some of the most scathing articles on Corbyn.

It’s a good paper.
It is indeed a good paper and I've read it for years as it doesn't tow the Tory party line like all the other papers. It invites you to read the facts and make up your own mind. And I'm not a republican.

The fact that he was allowed, as Transport Minister, to drive without insurance and remain in office, tells you all you need to know about the SNP.

Utter scum.
Yes, typical Stasi stuff. Those in the party are untouchable, one rule for them another for the non believers... driving laws, Covid-restrictions, child abusers... all swept under the carpet in the drive towards a Glorious Repubilic of Scotland where we will be free from tyranny.

Torbett was like the pied piper, preyed on youngsters that had a dream of making the grade with the club they loved. little did they know the deviant behaviour that was to unfold. The way Celtic FC behaved /behaving is unacceptable, they chose not to involve the proper authorities . Generations of victims have been affected, still waiting on justice. And unfortunately theirs more ,much more , behaviour like this attracts like minded deviots, that institution is riddled with them.

Their republican readership are Celtic fans and SNP voters. You can join the dots.
Tbh, I imagine there are as many celtc fans as Rangers fans who read the Guardian, ie, a minority of both. They are certainly not going to lose many readers by going with this story. Its coverage of Scottish football consists of occasional perfectly balanced match reports, and that's about it. I also cannot see The Guardian being obligatory reading with SNP voters, given its strong editorial stance against independence during the referendum.

Very interesting article in the Guardian by Henry McDonald about the abuse at Celtic boys club.

Very interesting article in the Guardian by Henry McDonald about the abuse at Celtic boys club.
This is from the 20th Oct. There was a big thread on it then.

It is indeed a good paper and I've read it for years as it doesn't tow the Tory party line like all the other papers. It invites you to read the facts and make up your own mind. And I'm not a republican.
It's a biased, leftie, Republican rag.

Ive kept hearing for years that the truth will come out in court etc but is any court cases actually going to occur in the near future

I don't think it's even a matter of anyone being in liewells pocket, we give him to much credit, the media in general has become very left leaning as has been shown recently by twitter, Google, Facebook censorship of very newsworthy stories, likewise the rape gangs, any story putting the snp rms unionism t

Back