The Guardian exposing the child abuse at Celtic.

It is indeed a good paper and I've read it for years as it doesn't tow the Tory party line like all the other papers. It invites you to read the facts and make up your own mind. And I'm not a republican.

It certainly does not. Its as biased as every other rag. It just depends which way you lean. The days of unbiased media outlets are long gone. The Guardian would give a platform to lucifer himself, if he wished to run down Britain and the Tories.

I dont read any paper anymore, because it seems none exist that dont have a bias, and I actually do prefer making up my own mind, than having some jumped up journalist tell me how to think

It certainly does not. Its as biased as every other rag. It just depends which way you lean. The days of unbiased media outlets are long gone. The Guardian would give a platform to lucifer himself, if he wished to run down Britain and the Tories.

I dont read any paper anymore, because it seems none exist that dont have a bias, and I actually do prefer making up my own mind, than having some jumped up journalist tell me how to think
Here here

Truly remarkable that the Guardian, of all papers with it’s republican leanings, has run with this.

The truth needs to be exposed.
The Guardian rightly won’t see this as anything to do with republicanism. They’ll see it for what it is. A child abuse issue.

Your last sentence is spot on.

I find it rather ironic that quality newspapers like The Times & The Guardian are printing this horrible news but the trashy tabloids The Record and especially The Sun are avoiding it like the plague stories of footballers raping girls in hotel rooms and other sleazy episodes are their forte but not this. I find that so strange!

Well it was good enough for Gerry Adams who hid his brother sexually abusing his daughter...so there’s a link.
That makes no sense. I’ve no idea whether there’s any truth in that but if there is, it’s because Gerry Adam’s is a reprehensible individual and not because he’s a prominent republican. So, no it’s not a link.

Truly remarkable that the Guardian, of all papers with it’s republican leanings, has run with this.

The truth needs to be exposed.
They have Republican leanings, you are 100% correct on that, but they are no friends of the catholic church.

As this has all the behaviour of the roman church, that's why they'll pile in.

I'm no fan of the guardian, but I welcome them getting involved.

Their republican readership are Celtic fans and SNP voters. You can join the dots.
If I buy a newspaper it's the Guardian. I'm not republican, SNP, or a Celtic supporter.

If the Guardian represented the views of the above I wouldn't buy it.

On the basis of the article by McDonald, it quite clearly and overwhelmingly, does NOT represent the views of Celtic or most of their supporters.

When exactly were these days of unbiased media outlets you talk about? As long as I can remember every single newspaper/media outlet was either left or right leaning whether it be The Guardian, The Daily Mail or any choice of outlet from the Murdoch empire.

I don’t read papers either, not many people do these days, but access the likes of The Guardian etc. via the internet. I don’t have journalists dictate to me, it’s a case of reading a story and making your own mind up.

Where do you get your news from?

When exactly were these days of unbiased media outlets you talk about? As long as I can remember every single newspaper/media outlet was either left or right leaning whether it be The Guardian, The Daily Mail or any choice of outlet from the Murdoch empire.

I don’t read papers either, not many people do these days, but access the likes of The Guardian etc. via the internet. I don’t have journalists dictate to me, it’s a case of reading a story and making your own mind up.

Where do you get your news from?

The bbc were the definition of unbiased media mate. In terms of where I get my news, it depends what you mean? If its something I'm interested in il actively search for reports on the subject or go straight to a fact checker. I dont do opinion pieces dressed up as reports. Facts and figures are all im interested in, but thats not necessarily for everyone and its not easy to do either.

It seems in the age of social media we are being bombarded by information delivered through the prism of whichever political ideology the writer subscribes to.

You are correct about the rags always being biased, but we had tv news programs which delivered news without interference when I was growing up. Now that's gone too

That makes no sense. I’ve no idea whether there’s any truth in that but if there is, it’s because Gerry Adam’s is a reprehensible individual and not because he’s a prominent republican. So, no it’s not a link.
Louth, Donegal and Dublin are riddled with IRA paedophiles from NI , The IRA do the same as the Catholic church they just move the culprits somewhere else , One radio presenter from the ROI called Adams out for covering up the abuse his brother had inflicted on his neice Áine , the phone lines went into meltdown with Republicans supporting Gerry Adams ,so Adams was covering up abuse to protect his IRA member brother and other IRA members just like big bawface did to protect Celtcs "good name" .

Louth, Donegal and Dublin are riddled with IRA paedophiles from NI , The IRA do the same as the Catholic church they just move the culprits somewhere else , One radio presenter from the ROI called Adams out for covering up the abuse his brother had inflicted on his neice Áine , the phone lines went into meltdown with Republicans supporting Gerry Adams ,so Adams was covering up abuse to protect his IRA member brother and other IRA members just like big bawface did to protect Celtcs "good name" .
Very strange rant. Still doesn’t show a link between child abuse and republicanism. It just shows that the individuals you’ve listed are vulgar human beings.
Let’s keep the focus where it belongs - on exposing the scandal at Celtic FC.

I find it rather ironic that quality newspapers like The Times & The Guardian are printing this horrible news but the trashy tabloids The Record and especially The Sun are avoiding it like the plague stories of footballers raping girls in hotel rooms and other sleazy episodes are their forte but not this. I find that so strange!

The Sun did run this story.

So where have they been since the 1960s?
Going that far back people rarely came out and told anyone they were getting abused. It’s only relatively recently they get encouraged to relate their stories.

But you are right, even today not enough is being done.

Very strange rant. Still doesn’t show a link between child abuse and republicanism. It just shows that the individuals you’ve listed are vulgar human beings.
Let’s keep the focus where it belongs - on exposing the scandal at Celtic FC.
That wasn't a rant I was just highlighting there is an inextricable link between the republican movement and the covering up of paedophilia by it's members .I'll agree about keeping the scum at Celtc under the spotlight .

Try telling that to the snp.
As far as I understand it from the guys who are leading the big thread, repeated complaints have been made to multiple members of the SNP government, including Useless, and there has not even been any acknowledgement.
They are hiding behind the SFA’s ‘independent’ report, the publication of which keeps being mysteriously delayed.
Looking at the make up of the SFA Board, I am going to take an educated guess that the final report will look very different in emphasis (and probably content) from the work done by the authors.
A ‘leak’ of the original report will no doubt follow to reveal the extent of the doctoring of the report but the SNP will scream they have to rely on the official version!

The Sun did run this story.

The Sun has had occasional pieces but The Times have been showing the way on a regular basis destroying the myth of separate entity.

Their republican readership are Celtic fans and SNP voters. You can join the dots.

Well I read The Guardian and am certainly not a republican or an SNP voter. It is ridiculous to pigeonhole the whole readership of a major daily British newspaper in such limiting terms.

SNP are supporting Celtic in having this hushed up in the Scottish mhedia. Sad times we live in. Scotland is going downhill fast. Lets hope and pray they dont get their holy grail of Independence.

There will be a healthy portion of people on this very board who will vote for the SNP in any upcoming elections.
I sincerely hope not...I refuse to believe that the wise people on this board would vote snp...why would they vote for a party of incompetent chancers who want to give them a " Greece without the sun '' scenario..!!!!!

Back