The guys in the studio joining in the celebrations with the youngsters

One off he bar in the 90th minute, pushing right to the end
Well deserved....... Our first team could learn a thing or two!!

Never seen a ball kicked, but great news. Well done to the young team. Fair makes me chuffed, and proud, for them. Rangers Champions, the first of many to follow.

Watched the final on YouTube both teams wer excellent really good game. We have a great bunch coming through and with a bit of luck they will make it.

Absolutely fantastic! Some great football and a few promising players for the future. Hearing them sing "Glasgow Rangers Champions" has got the hairs standing up on the back of my neck. Imagine what it will be like singing that when we get 55. Well done, lads!

Good to see them getting recognition of their victory ,

Rangers U-17s in party mode as they seal ALKASS Cup success
Kai Kennedy was the spot-kick hero to give the young Ibrox stars the trophy.

By
Record Sport Online
  • 17:23, 15 FEB 2019
  • UPDATED17:39, 15 FEB 2019

Rangers U-17s have become the first British club to win the ALKASS International Cup after a dramatic penalty victory over Roma.
The young stars, spurred on by a message from Steven Gerrard , triumphed 9-8 in the shoot-out following a pulsating 1-1 draw over 90 minutes in Qatar.
The Italians took an early lead through Mory Bamba but Ciaran Dickson hit a second-half equaliser as both sides finished with 10 men.
Roma's captain Mattia Ciucci was dismissed just six minutes after their opener - a decision made with the help of VAR.

But it was a level playing field once more two minutes after the restart.
Rangers skipper Kyle McClelland was shown a straight red for a reckless challenge on halfway line.

Dickson hit his equaliser just shy of the hour mark, controlling in the box and firing home low from a narrow angle.
Tension went through the roof as the final went to the spot-kick lottery but Kai Kennedy coolly dispatched the winning penalty to spark wild celebrations with a sizeable travelling support.
Kennedy was awarded player of the tournament after the final, with the likes of Real Madrid , Bayern Munich and Paris Saint-Germain also involved in the competition.

First British team to win it well done to the whole team , management as well they even mentioned that St.Patsy had a side in it before which brought a few laughs, great result lads and its a breath of fresh air not to have studio crew and commentators tainted by rhabids.
The reality now is you need to knock Aberdeen out the cup as they will want a scalp, go do it !

Watched the second half only , did not think we had a realistic hope. Boy was I surprised and delighted. Penalty shootout was icing on cake. Fantastic performance by all the team. Bodes well for our future .
What a spectacle , the tv analysts and coverage was very complimentary , and the trophy presentation filled me with pride.

I miss this with Scottish media coverage of our achievements.

Back