The guys in the studio joining in the celebrations with the youngsters

Watched all the Gers games and even after the first game, the guys in the studio were raving about us and saying that we had a right good chance of winning the tournament. Terrific achievement and I’ve now signed up for the Rangers Lotto and if you can afford to, would urge any other bears to do the same.

A lot of very good Rangers youths in these games.
All of them impressed and all of them looked to have a calmness when in possession.
Watching the wee lad Lyall you can see a player with great feet and great presence of mind for one so young, definitely, a lad who could go all the way in the game if he screws the nut.
I also note that we have several Ulster boys in the squad, but let's not stop there, south of the border is where the majority of British subjects live.
Get the money into the academy establish the reputation of the academy throughout Europe, and let's start bringing boys to Rangers from all over the UK.

It is maybe not fair to single out certain boys because it is, after all, a team game, but there are a good few in that side today who really do have so much going for them.

The coaching staff have assembled a great group of lads and have them playing football with their heads up and their brain engaged.

Really surprised not to see this on SSNews/BBC. A huge achievement! It was a great tournament, too (although it killed my productivity in work). :D

I hope to see the cup paraded this week!

This tournament has been a fantastic success for Rangers. We are in great company, the tournament has become pretty big deal since it was launched in 2012, previous winners include Real Madrid, PSG and Fluminense. Taking part in tournaments like this can only be a good thing for us, hopefully we will get an invite back next year. I’m sure we will having won the thing.

This tournament has been a fantastic success for Rangers. We are in great company, the tournament has become pretty big deal since it was launched in 2012, previous winners include Real Madrid, PSG and Fluminense. Taking part in tournaments like this can only be a good thing for us, hopefully we will get an invite back next year. I’m sure we will having won the thing.

It's been a great watch, too. Lovely to see our best youngsters conquering the finest youth teams in the world!

When the Al Kass lot see their social media impressions from this tournament, I think we'll be there most years. WATP

Last edited:
It's been a great watch, too. Lovely to see our best youngsters conquering the finest youth teams in the world!

They have played some great football along the way. We have some real talent coming through, and we also had one of the youngest teams in the tournament, these guys don’t play together every week, we don’t actually have an U17 team.

First British team to win it well done to the whole team , management as well they even mentioned that St.Patsy had a side in it before which brought a few laughs, great result lads and a great studio crew, but the reality now is you need to knock Aberdeen out the cup, go do it !

The coverage of the whole tournament was first class on Alkass TV. Our club was promoted in a great way.Especially liked the way, after the Semi Final, our Head of Academy explaining how our thinking as a club going forward is developing.

The host broadcasters(English coverage) were definitely on our side and you could tell how pleased they were by the way they covered our Clubs progress through the Tournament.I really enjoyed watching the coverage and what a change it was from watching the shite spouted on BT Sports and Sky.

You know what was great, we beat teams with skill and speed rather than with physicality.

Remember Ronald de Boer talking about how Rangers at under 17 level would win tournaments by bullying Dutch teams well our boys were twigs and had the skill and speed of thought to deserve this victory.

Back