The 'H' word

Its not something that bothers me if I'm honest.

I call them poets, mentally challengeds, bead rattlers etc... The word "Hun" is water off a ducks back in comparison IMO.

When Rangers fans are imprisoned for using the word ‘19th Century Terrorist’ it can’t be ‘water off a duck’s back’.

This is exactly how marginalisation takes place. They get away with it because they know that ordinary working-class people don’t have any influence on politics, the media or law enforcement.

I wonder about those who condone the use of "Hun". Are they Fifth columnists? Are they naive? Or just f'cking stupid.

It is part of Their racist agenda to dehumanise unionists. Then this dehumanisation will justify, in some minds, violence against the sub-humans. After that it will become acceptable in polite circles to belittle unionists. And the victim becomes the problem. And then? Think of Stalinist USSR or Hitler's Germany.

It must be fought against in the court of public opinion. Called out when it occurs. Agitated against the users of this word.

When I was at primary school in the 1970’s the mentally challengeds were 100% the ‘Huns’

I’ve no idea how they turned the ‘Huns’ against us

I would 100% start singing about them as ‘Huns’ to go home

The only British club to support the Nazis in WW11 and the only club to have their stadium closed due to their support of the Nazis

They were scum then. Scum now. Scum forever

Now that’s a banner I’d like to see at Ibrox

Same here.
My dear departed Grandad would only refer to them as " The Huns".

I absolutely detest the use of that word and I've heard some people say "they're Huns" when describing themselves.

I'd argue that the only way for the word to lose its potency/offensiveness is to use it repeatedly amongst ourselves, almost as a badge of honour.

Celtic fans call themselves "19th Century Terrorists" to the extent that the word has lost some of its meaning. I generally think they're better at "owning" their insults than we are.

It's the same reason that singing "sheep-shagging bastards" to Aberdeen fans, who then join in, doesn't make any sense.

I've less understanding about why someone would get so angry over the use of hun.
Never.

Not in a million years would I embrace that term as a badge of honour.

Reactions: VGM
I cant be bothered with all this pc woke pish. N word P word now H word.

These things are only used for minorities by middle class stuck up types. I prefer a spade to be called a spade.

Think I'll ask ch4 if they would be willing to have a bernard manning tribute night. Now that would be worth it just to hear the uproar of the wine and cheese brigade.
How dare people not want to be called the N word and P word..

ridiculous comment.

We should be nice to each other but when we’re not one derogatory term shouldn’t be deemed more offensive than the other. People nowadays go out their way to be offended. I’m an orange hun bastard who happens to be anti peadophillia unlike many followers of the catholic cult.

What the %^*&?

I'm not normally a proponent of violence or of discrimination, but a smack in the teeth, or a swift boot in the nuts should be enough for both to get the picture.
It is intended to be derogatory, is a form of humiliation and racist, and is NOT acceptable, it must be stopped.
Woe betide anyone who tries to call me or any of my family by that word. I take exception to it, and I will exact revenge on them sooner or later, they will be encouraged to stop.

More power to ya mate.

Used only by uneducated cretins. Its ironic that they come from the same bloodline as those who 'turned on the lights and fuelled U-boats by night' and yet refer to us as Hun.
The same imbeciles who think Guinness is all things Oirish and republican
tumblr_mqnz3wKuEM1s0a5s3o2_400.jpg

Couldnt care less what you think. Go watch a bit of bernard manning on you tube. It's a good laugh, the good old days before we all became so sensitive.
Or before ignorant racists people were being called out?
Using a comedian of yesteryear who’s material was not even remotely funny ( he also said that he admired 50% of hitler at one point) to justify you using derogatory language sums you up tbh.

no doubt one of the fans who keep getting the club in trouble while in Europe too. But you crack on mate.

I'd argue that the only way for the word to lose its potency/offensiveness is to use it repeatedly amongst ourselves, almost as a badge of honour.

Celtic fans call themselves "19th Century Terrorists" to the extent that the word has lost some of its meaning. I generally think they're better at "owning" their insults than we are.

It's the same reason that singing "sheep-shagging bastards" to Aberdeen fans, who then join in, doesn't make any sense.

I've less understanding about why someone would get so angry over the use of hun.
Mental post

you get charged they dont, am all for just jailing them for using it. Remember who cast the first stone.
I've been charged at football many a time, but never for calling them names.

If you feel that offended by a word, just give them a good kick in the swingers, that'll soon wipe the smile of their face.

Or before ignorant racists people were being called out?
Using a comedian of yesteryear who’s material was not even remotely funny ( he also said that he admired 50% of hitler at one point) to justify you using derogatory language sums you up tbh.

no doubt one of the fans who keep getting the club in trouble while in Europe too. But you crack on mate.
I take offence at this garbage from you. Bernard manning was hilarious and if that offends you, tough.

Now away and join your woke friends for cheese and wine.

I've got myself into bother a couple of times by reacting to being called a H**,I suppose when the fhilth are reduced to terms like 19th Century Terrorist,poet,mentally challenged,Bheast or Peado they've got to try something,
If we rule out the prescribed sectarian word 19th Century Terrorist we should have some songs chants using the other words of endearment .

See the word popping up on twitter these days more and more. From the sheep shaggers and the mutants. Can't understand any Rangers fans referring themselves it at all. Boils my blood.

Reactions: VGM
Compare their approach to '19th Century Terrorist' to our shrugging of the shoulders when it comes to slurs. This has led to the paradox of being hated as a group for being 'bigots' by people who openly call us huns.

I hate being called a hun and the favour with which they defend the use of it makes it blatantly obvious it is sectarian however threads saying 'we used to call them it' really don't help help our collective support in anyway.

I had out with a girl I knew who said “ you huns are all the same” I asked her to repeat what she said and she asked why.She was told bluntly that if she ever used that term in front of me again she wouldn’t have a job.
She has never used the term again.

Love it when they post the fake article on Twitter about the origin of the word knowing full well it has %^*& all to do with a game against wolves.

I've been charged at football many a time, but never for calling them names.

If you feel that offended by a word, just give them a good kick in the swingers, that'll soon wipe the smile of their face.
just asking for the law to be applied evenly as they pushed the agenda to get us charged with their faux offendedness. i agree that kick in swingers should do the job but for now am playing them at their own game when you have cunts like block it out being happy with child abuse just dont call them a 19th Century Terrorist as that will upset them and the good Friday agreement

Fuckin ironic that their beloved 'ra' were Nazi sympathisers. Might be ideal just to refer to them as the Nazis and Huns, see what happens.

More than old enough. Just not a prick or a racist.
If you use teenage patter like “N Bomb” you sound like a hunk to me. I done 3 tours of NI in the 90s and I can assure you the names I was called on a daily basis by mhanky locals was the least of my concern. Yer mammies shouting you in for tea, mind wash yer hands.

I couldn’t really give a %^*& what they call me because we have a good few words to which we can respond and ours are far superior. Getting called a hun or a zombie is about as good as in terms of their slurs for us, pathetic really.

What I do find strange is how they all fall over their selves to tell you Hun isn’t sectarian, think they get away with it because fans of other clubs use that word as well. But the fact that hearts and sometimes linfield get referred to huns would suggest that the common theme here is Protestantism.

When I was at primary school in the 1970’s the mentally challengeds were 100% the ‘Huns’

I’ve no idea how they turned the ‘Huns’ against us

I would 100% start singing about them as ‘Huns’ to go home

The only British club to support the Nazis in WW11 and the only club to have their stadium closed due to their support of the Nazis

They were scum then. Scum now. Scum forever

Now that’s a banner I’d like to see at Ibrox
I totally agree I spent a lot of the 60s and 70s singing go home u Huns and they will always be Huns to me .I called one of them a hun when I worked with him and he went bonkers , I just laughed at him .

Honestly couldn't care less if someone called me it. People on both sides need to get a grip and stop greeting because someone called them a name.

Ano it’s pathetic, how many black people have been annihilated for using it? It’s a word ffs. We are called honkey cracker huns, who gives a f&?k?

There's definitely a lot of hypocrisy regarding the usage of some terms. If your community doesn't want to be called a word, then surely they shouldn't call themselves the same word?

Similar with us and 'Hun', we don't like it so we don't use it ourselves (apart from a few dafties who don't understand)

Just keep calling them poets. If they dont like it tough, if the pc offended brigade dont like it, even better.

A poet is a poet is a poet. Now I want you all to write 100 lines of that for your sectarian bile lessons. Ingrained in your mind and take joy in offending the easily offended.
Great idea! You might even get 6 months in barlinnie just like David Limond for calling Angela Slaggerty a poet. For years we've sat on our @rses and allowed the haters to call us huns while we argue about whether its sectarian or not. Of course its sectarian

Great idea! You might even get 6 months in barlinnie just like David Limond for calling Angela Slaggerty a poet. For years we've sat on our @rses and allowed the haters to call us huns while we argue about whether its sectarian or not. Of course its sectarian
That's up to you, if I get called a hun, I will have no problems giving it back and some.

I dont happily call myself it, but to be honest it just doesnt wind me up.

Just call them poets back whilst laughing at them. The more people act like it bothers them the more they keep coming back with more

The only problem is you would get the jail for calling whoever a poet if they decided to report the matter to the police, police Scotland do not see Hun as sectarian when there is no doubt it is. It is the inequality that gets to me.

The only problem is you would get the jail for calling whoever a poet if they decided to report the matter to the police, police Scotland do not see Hun as sectarian when there is no doubt it is. It is the inequality that gets to me.
This is true and I have no problems with that. I've said on here many times before, theres plenty younger guys on here who know their stuff. Get out there and get involved with politics if you want to change things. That's what they've done and done it well by jumping on the nat bandwagon.

Labour need new blood and theres plenty unionists in this country who dont have a voice. Theres the opportunity, take it.

The meaning of the word HUN took an a different perspective for them ,when Hamish Imlach was blasting out ,The foggy dew in back water pubs around Glasgow . In the late 1960 early 1970s .
This was regarded as a war song by the inbreds .
With the line ''While Brittania's huns with their long-range guns ''
This became very popular in the late 1970s until now amongst the bigoted hordes .
It is a sectarian slur .End of .

Back